By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Reach Vs Killzone 3.

Sulvi said:

Killzone will never be a Halo killer. But Killzone games will ALWAYS be better than Halo games. Every single Halo game is crap. I have played all of them and not a single one was fun. (Excluding Halo 3, only watched that) 

Hell man Bungie are probably the worst level designers in the industry! Worst level I ever played was the snowy mountain level in Halo 1.... it was soooooooo repetitive and boring, so bad I didn't finish it and sold my Xbox lol. 

Then my friend raved about Halo 2 saying it was going to be the best game they've ever played. I played it for 20 minutes before I couldn't take anymore and had to put the pad down it was that bad. 

Watched Halo 3 be played by others, looks alright and more fun than the previous 2. 

Halo: ODST played co-op with friends, another terrible game. 

And Halo: Reach the trailer made it look dull. It did not look like an interesting game in the bloody slightest and it just showed exactly how rubbish Bungie are at level designing. 

Also just because more people play a game doesn't mean it is better. Look at the number of sales for Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2. The game is AWFUL! MW2 has one good thing, Spec-Ops. The rest of it.... OMG I've never played a single player so bad! And the competitive multiplayer's maps... seemed to just been slapped together. Sorry but Infinity Ward just suck at developing games these days, they know they can make anything and get stupid amount of sales.  

Saying Bungie is bad at level design is like saying Nintendo is bad a developing platformers. Bungie has created some of the most balanced FPS maps in gaming. Get serious.

Edit: Blood Gulch from Halo:CE was voted as one of the top 10 best FPS multiplayer maps in gaming. I actually think there are much better Halo maps but either way this cements Bungie as a top level map designer.

Around the Network

I'm a fan of Halo, but KZ2 keeps drawing me back. At first I thought it was the game I didn't like but then I realized it was me (that I didn't like). When I started to play it as a tactical shooter as apposed to a run and gun, things started to open up and I started to really excel at it. Now that I have learned about the Killzone mythology and have become adept at the gameplay, I am eagerly awaiting KZ3. 

But Halo:Reach will be its usual Halo awesomeness, so I guess I win! 

RED BULL FTW!!!

tuscaniman said:
Sulvi said:

Killzone will never be a Halo killer. But Killzone games will ALWAYS be better than Halo games. Every single Halo game is crap. I have played all of them and not a single one was fun. (Excluding Halo 3, only watched that) 

Hell man Bungie are probably the worst level designers in the industry! Worst level I ever played was the snowy mountain level in Halo 1.... it was soooooooo repetitive and boring, so bad I didn't finish it and sold my Xbox lol. 

Then my friend raved about Halo 2 saying it was going to be the best game they've ever played. I played it for 20 minutes before I couldn't take anymore and had to put the pad down it was that bad. 

Watched Halo 3 be played by others, looks alright and more fun than the previous 2. 

Halo: ODST played co-op with friends, another terrible game. 

And Halo: Reach the trailer made it look dull. It did not look like an interesting game in the bloody slightest and it just showed exactly how rubbish Bungie are at level designing. 

Also just because more people play a game doesn't mean it is better. Look at the number of sales for Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2. The game is AWFUL! MW2 has one good thing, Spec-Ops. The rest of it.... OMG I've never played a single player so bad! And the competitive multiplayer's maps... seemed to just been slapped together. Sorry but Infinity Ward just suck at developing games these days, they know they can make anything and get stupid amount of sales.  

Saying Bungie is bad at level design is like saying Nintendo is bad a developing platformers. Bungie has created some of the most balanced FPS maps in gaming. Get serious.

Edit: Blood Gulch from Halo:CE was voted as one of the top 10 best FPS multiplayer maps in gaming. I actually think there are much better Halo maps but either way this cements Bungie as a top level map designer.

MP maps without a doubt are awesome...well, some of them...but the SinglePlayer design itself it's horrible, the pace it's really bad and it's always the same style of gameplay, well, not always, it changed in Halo 3 with the vehicles.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Boutros said:

Are people really comparing Halo 3's gameplay to Killzone 2's one?

lulz

We all know the controls were kind of broken in Killzone 2. Perhaps some of you got used to them but I know I and a lot of people never did.

The gameplay is actually Halo 3's biggest strength.

actuall i still dont understand why people moan bout the controls. frankly there isnt any problem

So why is it that the mods here are so schoolmarmish? Is it just happenstance, or is there some kind of deeper motivation for it?

Around the Network
neverpwnd said:

I'm a fan of Halo, but KZ2 keeps drawing me back. At first I thought it was the game I didn't like but then I realized it was me (that I didn't like). When I started to play it as a tactical shooter as apposed to a run and gun, things started to open up and I started to really excel at it. Now that I have learned about the Killzone mythology and have become adept at the gameplay, I am eagerly awaiting KZ3. 

But Halo:Reach will be its usual Halo awesomeness, so I guess I win! 

RED BULL FTW!!!

Yes, This is impossible for some people to comprehend. Halo and Killzone are two different games meant for two different purposes.

I have to say the latest campaign trailer was hugely impressive looking but then again MS always makes really good trailers and very well versed in getting people to jump on the hype train.