By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Post something actually positive about the 360 thread

forest-spirit said:

@piggychan

What game is that?

It's idolm@ster 2

Around the Network

all consoles this gen have proven they have a lot of fight in them. 360 GEARS 3! need i say more!

(side note: what about the bashing of PS3 sense this gen's started. srry OP no good deed goes on done.

forest-spirit said:
A Bad Clown said:
leatherhat said:

Halo paved the way for dozens of crappy console shooters that effectively killed the FPS genre quality wise. And with the new focus on generic halo or COD clones, a large number of genres have collapsed entirely. (Horror, platform, RPG etc.

It overcrowded the marketplace, ensuring that by sheer value of being different the wii would win the console race and usher in a new era of "innovative" and terrible motion controls

Its given us a generation of gamers who think that playing regnerating health easy mode 6 hour fps makes them hardcore despite having no knowledge of games as a whole

It brought paid online and a focus on releasing incomplete games then charging for missing parts via DLC, it made this the norm ensuring that companies could gouge people as much as they wanted and at worst no one would complain, though most of the time new paid content would be praised as the Dev continuing to support the game.

It quickly jumped on the motion control bandwagon with Kinect as soon as they saw how much money nintendo was making, and their fans who once derided nintendo for abandoing the core and making shovelware games now praise MS for making some of the most piss poor looking games in recent years.

Xbox is the worst thing to happen to the game industry, ecspecially if you've gamed on PC or remember how good things used to be, there is nothing positvie to say about it -even the color scheme blows.

And oddly enough CGI doesn't rant about this? He mentioned Nintendo!

That's the only part you found strange, huh? XD

if a Sony thread is done expect these same statements to be in there.

on the other hand i'm speechless.

CGI-Quality said:
A Bad Clown said:
leatherhat said:

Halo paved the way for dozens of crappy console shooters that effectively killed the FPS genre quality wise. And with the new focus on generic halo or COD clones, a large number of genres have collapsed entirely. (Horror, platform, RPG etc.

It overcrowded the marketplace, ensuring that by sheer value of being different the wii would win the console race and usher in a new era of "innovative" and terrible motion controls

Its given us a generation of gamers who think that playing regnerating health easy mode 6 hour fps makes them hardcore despite having no knowledge of games as a whole

It brought paid online and a focus on releasing incomplete games then charging for missing parts via DLC, it made this the norm ensuring that companies could gouge people as much as they wanted and at worst no one would complain, though most of the time new paid content would be praised as the Dev continuing to support the game.

It quickly jumped on the motion control bandwagon with Kinect as soon as they saw how much money nintendo was making, and their fans who once derided nintendo for abandoing the core and making shovelware games now praise MS for making some of the most piss poor looking games in recent years.

Xbox is the worst thing to happen to the game industry, ecspecially if you've gamed on PC or remember how good things used to be, there is nothing positvie to say about it -even the color scheme blows.

I'm not sure what to make of it. On the surface, it's so outrageous that I thought he was being sarcastic. On the other hand, if it isn't, report it. I'm not a moderator nor can I be expected to critique every single post.

The crazy thing of it all, I tried to help YOU keep your thread positive about the Xbox, but have been accused of being "fake", "half-hearted", and the like. I didn't know a simple opinion would warrant such a response, then again it comes at no real surprise, for some odd reason, this place has become a warzone of late. 

If people weren't so uptight, you wouldn't have had a reason to create such a topic to begin with. Let's not forget that.

it's not outrageous? it's bold! this guy came into this thread and violated the OP'S rule/topic of discussion.

i'll go on to say 360 has games i like, but can live without. 

CGI-Quality said:
A Bad Clown said:
leatherhat said:

I'm not sure what to make of it. On the surface, it's so outrageous that I thought he was being sarcastic. On the other hand, if it isn't, report it. I'm not a moderator nor can I be expected to critique every single post.

The crazy thing of it all, I tried to help YOU keep your thread positive about the Xbox, but have been accused of being "fake", "half-hearted", and the like. I didn't know a simple opinion would warrant such a response, then again it comes at no real surprise, for some odd reason, this place has become a warzone of late. 

If people weren't so uptight, you wouldn't have had a reason to create such a topic to begin with. Let's not forget that.

it's not outrageous? it's bold! this guy came into this thread and violated the OP'S rule/topic of discussion.

i'll go on to say 360 has games i like, but can live without. 

Around the Network

Halo 3 is always fun online. Always!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

My wife and I have been playing almost nothing but Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 for the past four weeks or so.

It's terrifying.

Its shown me that a few games of strip UNO make for an excellent friday night.

The 360 gives me a platform I don't mind screwing developers and MS on, hence allowing me to pirate games. Other platforms I actually buy them.

How do you breathe again?

Started successful online gaming with consoles (well the first Xbox, not 360) mostly due to Halo and the beginning of XBL, paving the way for Sony this gen. Very complete and firm online system, which although costs $35/yr on Amazon, etc, is well worth the asking price.

Started the Achievement system on consoles which became wildly popular and has the most robust achievement system/sites/fansites and compalibility (easy to compare to all friends or to millions of others in the world at any time, etc) out there.

Party chat, which is insanely fun when you have a lot of friends to play with or even just to hang out and talk to many people at once. Especially good for clans and groups of friends.

Best controller this gen, aside from the D-Pad. Analog placement, triggers, weight/feel in your hand.. Microsoft, keep this controller scheme and perfect the DPad for next gen and you'll be GENIOUSES.

Started Halo, which is one of the most robust, loved ad popular FPS franchises of all time with very deep canon and lore if you're into that thing. Possibly the most robust online shooter multiplayer experience with Reach taking it to a whole new level (Firefight, Versus Firefight, Forge 2.0 (forgeworld which looks AMAZING), Theatre 2.0, Arena, all the multiplayer modes, very deep Armory customization system (for both Spartan and Elite), Challenges (daily, firefight, etc), credit system (cR), complex tracked stats system, best Campaign since Halo: CE according to IGN, etc... need I go on? I can go on forever..FPS game of forever!)

XBLA. A pure goldmine, 'nuff said. Also, XBL Indie games, which only cost a dollar and are made by people like you and me, some of them becoming famous for their games and making hundreds of thousands of dollars. Too bad I'm not good at making games..

Xbox 360 S. Microsoft finally got their hardware done perfectly (although it did take long enough). Makes me excited for what's in store next gen since they finally nabbed down hardware right.

Kinect, which has casuals at my store dying in anticipation. Dance Central will be a 5m seller confirmed, and will be the best game to have at ANY party, especially when drinks are involved! :P But what I like about it is it fits my laziness well. XBOX PAUSE. XBOX OFF.

Most importantly, stamina. I have never seen a console dragged down so much due to haters and fanboys as much as the Xbox 360. Never have I seen problems so exaggerated and hate spewed so forcefully torwards a piece of machiney in my life, yet it's stil chugging along stronger than ever with a nonstop growing userbase. Toppled a behemoth in the gaming industry to the ground with it's second iteration on the market, and clinging by as brand recognition and hatred is used against it as the competition tries to crawl back to it's former place (which, ironically, is taken by another competitor at the moment!). Hater's gonna hate, but I'll be damned if it isn't making Xbox a stronger brand then ever.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*