By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3ds release date, price to be announced Sept 29

According to Bloomberg Japan, Nintendo are set to announce the launch details of the Nintendo 3DS system. Nintendo will hold an event on September 29th 2010 where they will reveal the release date, launch price and shipment numbers of the Nintendo 3DS.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=jpconewsstory&refer=jpconews&tkr=7974:JP&sid=aw6fGOsg.GBI

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398358&page=131

Around the Network

That's a long way off!

axumblade said:
Rainbird said:

That's a long way off!

I agree....I'd like to create a petition to make Nintendo announce it earlier. >:(

I'd sign it.

I'll have my mouse finger ready in order to beat others to the punch and make a speedy pre-order.

MrT-Tar said:

I'll have my mouse finger ready in order to beat others to the punch and make a speedy pre-order.

What if it's much more expensive than you thought, and just as you pre-order it you stall and think....ahhh I'll have to think about it. lol

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

AHHHH Cant wait :D

Not that I advocate price gouging, but dependent upon the number of units Nintendo will be capable of initially producing and shipping, they may end up going above the $199 price point that seems to be pretty popular.

I don't know if a solid pack-in game would take some of the impact off a $249 price, but if Nintendo has the same issues they had with the Wii in respect to keeping up with demand, I see no reason for them to allow the 3DS to sell out at a lower price than it's capable of fetching with 100% sell through rates.

If it is $199, it's a pretty safe bet that the 3DS will be near impossible to find on shelves through 2011.

I on fence here , about the price , i not sure if Nintendo will pack and a game and sell it for 229,00 or give u just the console for 199,99 and i tell why they should pack game with. Just look at the wii without Wii sports it would not be what it where, but 3DS has internal memory and they can put little demos saved into the system memories what i think would be cool or they can even charge 249,99 and give us a month of free 3D movies or something like that.

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

2 more long months,but, its worth the wait.

Gabe Newell : Hopefully it will be worth the Weight

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.