By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order Charts, 24th July 2010

gurglesletch said:

Medal of honor pre-orders are pretty good considering the competition.

Even more considering how many people think the beta sucked.

Around the Network

The beta sucked imo.

Barozi said:
gurglesletch said:

The beta was ok. The ps3 version is worth it since it comes with an extra game.

gurglesletch said:
Barozi said:
gurglesletch said:

The beta was ok. The ps3 version is worth it since it comes with an extra game.

MoH Frontline was one of the few really really good FPS on the PS2.

On the other hand I doubt it's going to impress many people after so many much better FPS in the past 5 years...

so wait every ps3 version of medal of honor come with a free hd frontlines game or is it more expensive it must be but thats awesome why would you even bother getting 360 version if thats the case

Around the Network
yum123 said:

so wait every ps3 version of medal of honor come with a free hd frontlines game or is it more expensive it must be but thats awesome why would you even bother getting 360 version if thats the case

Because you only own a 360? Might be a good reason! Or all your friends are buying it on 360, or you like achievements, or you prefer the controller.

Seece said:
yum123 said:

Because you only own a 360? Might be a good reason! Or all your friends are buying it on 360, or you like achievements, or you prefer the controller.

cool your lose but does the frontline hd upgrade come free

yum123 said:

same price as usual 59.99$ but i have it reserved on amazon for 46.99$ 

It's nice to see that now you are comparing Gran Turismo weekly sales to the best selling PS3 game, and it's indirect sequel which may also sell really well.

I hope Halo: Reach Pre-Orders continue to soar. I beleive Halo: Reach will far outsell Halo 3, and be the best selling exclusive game on the 360, maybe even the best selling non-Nintendo exclusive ever (Beating Gran Turismo 3 on PS2).

This about it, Halo 3 had about a million pre-orders at launch, and sold when there were only about 20 million 360's, and yet it's sold over 11 million units, and only recently been outsold be Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Halo: Reach already has 2/3rds the pre-orders, 8 weeks before launch. This is before it's sales are really expected to just, and before any mainstream advertizing is done for the game at all. Not only that, the game comes out to an audience twice as larger (41.5 million 360's now).

I know Gran Turismo 5 will sell well too, but be realistic. Gran Turismo, like Halo, has a large portion of it's sales contributed to casual gamers. With the PS3 much less popular then the PS1 and PS2, GT5 has a smaller audience. It's also being released 4 years after the PS3 launch, unlike the more successful GT games which were released close to the consoles launch. Also Gran Turismo has more competition now, and still lacks damage (Cosmetic damage is only on 170/1,000 vehicles). Ontop of that, the most recent Gran Turismo title (Gran Turismo PSP), has had poor ratings, and over-all terrible sales for the franchise, despite costing HALF the price of a regular PSP game. Not only that, like many analysts claim, the racing market is over-saturated. Need for Speed Sales have dropped, and other more recent racing games (Blur, Split Second, and Mod Naton Racers to be specific), have sold in significantly lower volumes then similar quality racing games of the past.

I still beleive Gran Turismo 5 will be the best selling PS3 exclusvie, but I can't see it outselling any other prior Gran Turismo, especially not Gran Turismo 3.

Still, I can't wait to see how Gran Turismo 5 and Halo Reach Pre-orders increase over the year. Will Halo: Reach get more pre-orders then Call of Duty: MW2 for 360? Same goes with GT5 and CoD:MW2 for PS3.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results