By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What racing game help please!!!

What racing game help please!!!

Modnation Racers 22 64.71%

Split Second 8 23.53%

Blur 4 11.76%

Total:34

Three high profile racing games out at the moment blur, split second and modnation racers, I played on each for a short amount of time. I'm looking for a good split screen mode as I often play with my brother and a good online mode-therefore single player campaign isn't really a top priority for me. I really only have the money for 1 racing game due to all the other great games being released.

Split Second- really enjoyed the demo, but i think I may get bored of this arcade type racing style quite quickly. Has it got a long lasting appeal? and are there any notable frame rate drops in split-screen? How quick is matchmaking online?

Mod-Nation racers- really interested in the create and share aspect but I hater the fact all the cars are the same in things like acceleration and top speed. I played the demo with my brother but I didn't really enjoy the gameplay that much- however i only had a quick go so i may try again since all the reviewers say it's amazing.
I'm quite put off by the long loading times and I already have sonic racing on ps3.
Is there split screen online? Again are there, any notable frame rate drops in split-screen? How quick is matchmaking online?

Blur- had a blast playing it in store but I didn't like the breaking on it, I'm quite a good gamer but I found it really hard to turn round tight corners! Is it just me or is that part of the fun? Also is the splitscreen good since it seems like you need the whole screen to focus on all the different parts of the gameplay. Also is it true you have to complete the campaign before unlocking all the game modes online? Again- are there, any notable frame rate drops in split-screen? How quick is matchmaking online?

Please could you give me some help? thanks a ton!!

Around the Network

i have played the demo of all of them like you and ill say in my opinion blur is the best. blur was just the funnest to me and i liek the leveling system and i hear there are alot of things to unlock in the game (though the same could be said for modnation). To me modnation has alot going for it, but its a kart racer so the sense of speed and such isnt that great to me though other things make up for that. Split second was fun though those sequances may get a bit tiring. Also heres a discussion on the matter lol. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/splitsecond/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-54582727&pid=958271  

I've played a little bit of modnation and blur and both are good and I think you can't go wrong with either.

I would say both are inferior to Mario Kart, but that's my opinion

I don't own Modnation Racers but I do have both Blur and Spilt Second for the 360.   For me, Split Second is by far more fun.  It has a much better sense of speed and is a far more enjoyable experience than Blur.  Split Second is non-stop action and is good for about 20-30 hours of gameplay in the single player mode.  Blur is a kart racer with more realistic cars.  It's not a bad game but I was expecting a little bit more from Bizzare Creations.  Both games have decent graphics.  Finding an online match in either one has proven quite difficult.  Both games have a decent variety of cars and race types. 

So I guess if you're looking for a good arcade racer, get Spilt Second.  If you want a kart racer with realistic cars, get Blur.  But my opinion is Split Second without hesitation.  It's the better of the two.

Split Second is really awesome

Around the Network

With regards to Modnation Racers. You can adjust your karts speed/acceleration  and drift/turn attributes. In other words you can max out acceleration and but your kart won't have the best top speed or you can be right in the middle. The load times are extremelly long. Supposedly they're going to patch it to improve them. There is 2 player split screen online and 4 player offline split screen. The framerate is lower during split screen, but you won't notice it unless you're looking for it. It's nothing that will affect gameplay. I haven't played Modnation in a couple weeks but when it first came out it took a long time to get an online match going. Not sure if they improved that either. Track/Kart/Mod creating is a blast, you can take screen shots and it's got custom soundtrack support.

That is all

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Machina said:
Barozi said:

Noooooo, it's not. It's very average. And there I was thinking we had similar racing tastes after your Codies thread :(

Best arcade racer since NFS Most Wanted back in 2005.

Great graphics, nice tracks, cool game modes (though no crash mode like in Burnout), not that easy and nice splitscreen.

They could have worked more on the crash system though. When you're in front you can only pray to stay alive. Should have made a system where you also can trigger some stuff behind you, and more shortcuts.

You need to play some more ProStreet to see what average really means.

Barozi said:
Machina said:
Barozi said:

Noooooo, it's not. It's very average. And there I was thinking we had similar racing tastes after your Codies thread :(

Best arcade racer since NFS Most Wanted back in 2005.

Great graphics, nice tracks, cool game modes (though no crash mode like in Burnout), not that easy and nice splitscreen.

They could have worked more on the crash system though. When you're in front you can only pray to stay alive. Should have made a system where you also can trigger some stuff behind you, and more shortcuts.

You need to play some more ProStreet to see what average really means.

I agree, Split Second is truly awesome.  I created a thread when it came out on how the demo didn't do the final product justice.  It is the most intense racer I've played in ages.  There is just so much going on all the time.  Black Rock's first game Pure is also really good.  It's SSX on ATV's.  Plus you can get it dirt cheap.

I just hope that Split Second does well enough to spawn a sequel.  With a few tweaks to the gameplay (Mainly what you mentioned above), it could become the new king of arcade racers.

I think all 3 are awesome :D!

Get All 3!!!