By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What racing game help please!!!

What racing game help please!!!

Modnation Racers 22 64.71%

Split Second 8 23.53%

Blur 4 11.76%

Total:34
Barozi said:
Machina said:
Barozi said:

Split Second is really awesome

Noooooo, it's not. It's very average. And there I was thinking we had similar racing tastes after your Codies thread :(

Best arcade racer since NFS Most Wanted back in 2005.

Great graphics, nice tracks, cool game modes (though no crash mode like in Burnout), not that easy and nice splitscreen.

They could have worked more on the crash system though. When you're in front you can only pray to stay alive. Should have made a system where you also can trigger some stuff behind you, and more shortcuts.

You need to play some more ProStreet to see what average really means.

I will not let you neglect PGR 4 like that! This game needs more love!

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

Split/Second is really good, it's probably the best out of the bunch. Modnation is pretty amazing, but the load times are putting me off and once it started annoying my friends when they came over, it ended being pushed into the backlog.

Haven't played enough of Blur to make a judgement.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Mod nation racers is by far the hardest of the 3 in racing terms beating the campaign. creating your own tracks characters, and cars is the added bonus. insane jumps and environments and it seems like theres a sense of realisem. MNR is the best racing game i've played sense Mario kart 64.

at the end of the day it's all about what your looking for. all have good split screen racing (IMOP), but MNR gives you more then any other racing game on the market.

themanwithnoname said:
Barozi said:
Machina said:
Barozi said:

Split Second is really awesome

Noooooo, it's not. It's very average. And there I was thinking we had similar racing tastes after your Codies thread :(

Best arcade racer since NFS Most Wanted back in 2005.

Great graphics, nice tracks, cool game modes (though no crash mode like in Burnout), not that easy and nice splitscreen.

They could have worked more on the crash system though. When you're in front you can only pray to stay alive. Should have made a system where you also can trigger some stuff behind you, and more shortcuts.

You need to play some more ProStreet to see what average really means.

I will not let you neglect PGR 4 like that! This game needs more love!

lol don't worry. IMO PGR4 is the best arcade/simulation racer of this generation. Even better than GRID.

True arcade racing series are only NFS, Burnout, Ridge Racer etc.

Sport of Kings by Mastertronic

nuff said ;)

Around the Network

i'd just say wait for GT5 unless you need a racing game right now. And in my opinion non of them are worth the purchase.

Modnation racers. You dont really need because you got sonic racing. though i do think modnation racers is the better game.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Get ModNation Racers. Once you get used to it, it's extremely fun, especially drifting. The load times are supposed to be fixed with a patch next week.

Thanks everyone for your replies I'm still thinking about it atm.