By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The DS just continues to crush the PSP, along with everything else

Ari_Gold said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

Yes, Silent Hill, because that franchise has only been getting better with each game. *rolls eyes*

Castlevania, the best ones currently out are on the DS, sorry.

Disgaea, a great series, but a niche genre with limited appeal.

Crisis Core, yes, we wouldn't want Square making new or original FF games now would we? How I love to revel in how Square has toned down FF7.

And yes, God of War, I'm sure that will offer an abundance of variety in contrast to the first two.

So in otherwords, the PSP has Sony's inhouse, Konami and Square. Call me when they get new developers.

Also, nice try fluffing the list with a game that's already out.

sup @ gballzack

sup @ Hus

@Nazna

If the PSP was successful, wouldn't its software be selling better?

Around the Network
Ari_Gold said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

Yes, Silent Hill, because that franchise has only been getting better with each game. *rolls eyes*

Castlevania, the best ones currently out are on the DS, sorry.

Disgaea, a great series, but a niche genre with limited appeal.

Crisis Core, yes, we wouldn't want Square making new or original FF games now would we? How I love to revel in how Square has toned down FF7.

And yes, God of War, I'm sure that will offer an abundance of variety in contrast to the first two.

So in otherwords, the PSP has Sony's inhouse, Konami and Square. Call me when they get new developers.

Also, nice try fluffing the list with a game that's already out.

sup @ gballzack

she is aint she^^

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
Calling them seperate markets is a way of sparing the PSP the acknowledgment of defeat at the hands of the DS. Expect this argument to re-emerge when the Wii creates a similar disparaging gap between it and the 360 and PS3.

Emeril says BAM!

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

PSP was launched when the playstation brand was at it's height, that alone got it started enough to attract third parties like square and konami. Sony won't have that chance again so I don't see the PSP2 as living up to it's original. So whos nintendos next challenger? Unless nintendo screws up badly nobody will be able to dislodge them.

kirby007 said:
Ari_Gold said:

sup @ gballzack

she is aint she^^

No, never. Really, impossible! You are kidding right?

Around the Network
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Saying how much better the PSP did than other failed handhelds really isn't much to brag about. And really isn't something to be proud about.

So the fact that the PSP did better than other handhelds that performed very poorly doesn't say much, but the fact that it's not selling as well as a handheld that's selling at an extremely high rate says a mouthful?

Wow. 

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

The PSP is successful because it has made a profit for Sony, sold millions of units, and sold millions of units of software.

Was the Gamecube not successful? It only sold 20 million units but was a huge line in the black for Nintendo. Surprisingly, they did very well on the Gamecube. Much better than they did on the expensive N64. Sony is doing very well with the PSP. Something not selling as much as its competition does not make it unsuccessful.

I haven't seen any evidence that the PSP is making any significant profit. And it certainly doesn't seem to be offsetting PS3 losses to any degree if indeed there is any profit.

naznatips said:
The PSP is successful because it has made a profit for Sony, sold millions of units, and sold millions of units of software.

Was the Gamecube not successful? It only sold 20 million units but was a huge line in the black for Nintendo. Surprisingly, they did very well on the Gamecube. Much better than they did on the expensive N64. Sony is doing very well with the PSP. Something not selling as much as its competition does not make it unsuccessful.

*Sigh* if only people would listen :P anyway you tell em Naz!

@Girl Gamer, Failure = Lost money for company by the end of its lifespan, if all was said and done and SONY makes more money than what they put in to even create the system, then it's a sucess, you OBVIOUSLY don't like the PSP for whatever reason, but it's far from a failure. The way I see it, the PSP is doing great, the DS is doing Phenominal. Oh and good job with your direct/extremely biased opinions of the PSP titles. Your opinions =/= truth.

@Omgwtf PLEASE don't call the DS the best XD you can say it sells more :P But man o' man I'd never own one :D, out of it's entire MASSIVE library I'm only interested in Brain Age. Best is how you view it friend. 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Yet that I agree the DS is exellant, the PSP does have a few games I wish I owned... I just wish there would be more... So that it would give me a reason to get it.

(I want Star Ocean 1&2 remakes! :3)