By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The DS just continues to crush the PSP, along with everything else

Defending the PSP's library on the grounds that it is "growing"

-10 points.

Around the Network
Girl Gamer Elite said:
windbane said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
ckmlb said:

The PSP is the most successful hand held gaming device not from Nintendo,

That would hold more weight if the sales difference between the PSP and DS wasn't quite so large.

Was the N64 a complete failure because it got beat by the highest selling console (at the time)?

If the DS ends up being the highest selling console ever, what's the shame in finishing 2nd in that generation?

In many respects it was, it was Nintendo's fall from grace and the beginning of a great downfall for Nintendo leaving them in the catch up game of third party support they are in now.

Also, the first indicator that a person's argument is running out of steam is when they start comparing the circumstances of the console in question to a console of the past. I'd suppose you'd have us think the PS3 will be a success becauseits sales are relative to those of the PS2 its first year?

They still made money.  Isn't that financial success?  I think the PSP is making money.  I asked if it was a complete failure, and I don't think it was.  Regardless, the PSP will outsell the N64 and probably SNES in its lifetime, so I don't think that's failing. 

Just because the PSP is losing by a large margin to the DS doesn't make it a failure. It has more to do with DS' crazy success. Also the idea that the PSP is an embarassment is laughable.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

The PSP is making money? Really?

Ckmlb, when Software sales are that pitiful in contrast to hardware sales, it is embarassing.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
Defending the PSP's library on the grounds that it is "growing"

-10 points.

Great and growing, but nice misquote.  It's greatness is growing recently, including Silent Hill Origins, Castlevania, Disgaea, Crisis Core, etc.  It's greatness will continue to grow, including God of War.

Around the Network

Yes, Silent Hill, because that franchise has only been getting better with each game. *rolls eyes*

Castlevania, the best ones currently out are on the DS, sorry.

Disgaea, a great series, but a niche genre with limited appeal.

Crisis Core, yes, we wouldn't want Square making new or original FF games now would we? How I love to revel in how Square has toned down FF7.

And yes, God of War, I'm sure that will offer an abundance of variety in contrast to the first two.

So in otherwords, the PSP has Sony's inhouse, Konami and Square. Call me when they get new developers.

Also, nice try fluffing the list with a game that's already out.

Girl Gamer Elite said:

Yes, Silent Hill, because that franchise has only been getting better with each game. *rolls eyes*

Crisis Core, yes, we wouldn't want Square making new or original FF games now would we? How I love to revel in how Square has toned down FF7.

And yes, God of War, I'm sure that will offer an abundance of variety in contrast to the first two.

So in otherwords, the PSP has Sony's inhouse, Konami and Square. Call me when they get new developers.

Nice to see you judge games you have never played.

I'm not a fan of Silent Hill, but:

Dracula X Chronicles is just as good as Castlevania DS, and better than PoR.  Take that from someone with all 3.

Crisis Core is a new FF game.  It's called a prequel.  That's like saying Baten Kaitos Origins is just Baten Kaitos.

God of War is a hack-and-slash and by it's nature won't change much.  There is no reason to change something that was done right in the first place.

Also, your selective point of view does not prove anything.  All you are proving is that you can talk crap about a game system you don't own and don't care for.   If you were more open-minded you would probably enjoy gaming more.  I know I'm very happy with my PSP and DS both.  

@ Windbane, it would have been Strategy RPG of the year for me if Goddess of Dawn wasn't released.  I'm a big Fire Emblem nut though so I have to go with GoD as my favorite SRPG of the year.  It takes a very very respectable second though and it's my favorite PSP game after Mega Man Powered Up (UNDERRATED!!!)

The PSP is doing well. Remember Nintendo has been in the hand held market for ages and no one has survived. The PSP looks as though it's here to stay. So if you look at it, the PSP is the competition the DS needs. PSP is also catered for the bigger boys than the DS :P Dang can;t wait for the gps :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

finalsquall said:
The PSP is doing well. Remember Nintendo has been in the hand held market for ages and no one has survived. The PSP looks as though it's here to stay. So if you look at it, the PSP is the competition the DS needs. PSP is also catered for the bigger boys than the DS :P Dang can;t wait for the gps :D

*sigh* don't try the age thing.  We already had the list of statistics for the ages a few months back, and the DS still had more adult gamers than the PSP, although the PSP had a higher percentage.  The DS also arguably has the first series of video games truly targeted at adults: the Training games.  

The PSP is successful.  The DS is unbelievably successful.  Neither suck.  Everyone should own both.  /topic.

Girl Gamer Elite said:

sup @ gballzack