By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Edit: Wow I must be losing it, I thought we were talking about Kirby. Dammit why do they both have to have "Epic" in the title and confuse me?

Epic Mickey looks great, one of the few Nintendo quality looking 3rd party games for Wii. I trust Warren Spector knows what he is doing. What I love most is those 2D platforming levels that pay homage to steamboat willy. We were actually just watching the steamboat willy cartoon for my Animation class, got me even more excited to play the game.

Around the Network

It looks great but I haven't played any Warren Spector games. Want to play Deus Ex first.

I read an interview that EGM conducted with Spector and he made Epic Mickey sound like his life's ambition. So I'm excited for the game.

was disapointing when i saw it , i don't think i'll get it, and Kirby and Donkey Kong looked like better games.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

I think it looks great. Seem slike there is a lot of variety, from what I've seen I think it is visually one of the very best games on the Wii If not the best. The 2D segment looked awesome. I'm not that familiar with Disney history so a lot of the inclusions won't mean a lot to me, but it does look like a fun platformer an action/adventure game which are my two favorite genres.

A. It's unfair to compare it to Kirby, which was best game at E3.

B. I think that Kirby and DK both have epic developers, so Epic Mickey doesn't have to look "as good" but it still might be as good.

I think some of you are judging a book by its cover. I hope all three of the games are great, but it's not fair to compare any game to the best looking game at E3, when we only have very brief glimpses anyway. It's like comparing book covers to determine their content, lol.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

It's a Warren Spector game, if you don't want it just for this reason then...

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Barozi said:

didn't even look half as good as DKC Returns and Kirby. (not only graphically speaking)

Only good part was the 2D level, the rest looked really mediocre.

No, I disagree. It looked much better than DKCR. DKC Return looked old and tired, grafically ugly and it was too fast like that hedgehog game on SEGA.  It didn't look just as great as Kirby though.

Why u say mediocre? Graphics are polished, has nice colors and the painting and deleting in it looked fun.

So far it looks fairly medicore... At this point I am not getting it

The 2d level they showed looked pretty fun and if it was all 2D it would probably be a day one. At the moment Im on the fence, but I think it is looking pretty good.

Video from the Comicon

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30603

It's only half screen but looks kinda creppy and the black and white scenes are beautiful, also there's a comic in the making

http://kotaku.com/5595666/epic-mickey-spawns-tales-of-the-wasteland-comic-book-spin offs