By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Official Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty thread!

Installing it now!!

ANyone who has it in NZ/AU can install is from now i think!

Around the Network
vlad321 said:

Except that chat rooms make the community grow. Maybe you don't remember but there isn't even the private chat rooms except for custom games and the really small groups of people. If I want to get together with 4 or 5 given people and talk to them without partying up, that functionality is gone. The community is hence stunted because of it. How are you going to have a guild/clan without the chat rooms?

But partying up is the functionality to talk to your friends in groups. Instead of having a chat room, you make a party. And didn't they say there would be clan functionality added?

Also you obviously haven't been playing much because in Bnet games and lobbies and chatrooms have been seperate. The game browser is a whole different window than the chat browser so you never had to listen to them to begin with if you just wanted to play the game. That is ebsides the point that you never actually had to search for games in the previous iteration either, WC3 had matchmaking ladders, so it's not like the Bnet2 ladder matchmaking is anythign new either. Basically what you hated doing never existed in the latest Bnet to begin with and you just like whining and bitching at thigns that never even actually existed.

SC Had no matchmaking, and WC3's matchmaking was... woeful.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/07/26/

The only thing that never actually existed until now, was a solid fair matchmaking system.

Also, I hate to bring it to your attention but a game that is 10x better than 0 is still 0, which is where the competitors of Blizzard are at. I want this game to be 10x better than previous Blizzard titles, not 10x better than the competition. Currently it is about 1/4 of previous Blizzard titles and you seem all too happy to emrace this, hence the "sheep of the month" award.

You have no sense of proportion at all. You are rating things like chat rooms up there with... playing the game? Some features, outside of actually playing, may serve to gild the lily, however to rate SC lower than WC3 or SC due to them makes no sense whatsoever.

As for why just gaming and that is it and fuck the community, you are utterly wrong. The community brings new games about. TF, CS, Alien Swarm, DoD, and countless other mods have all come about because it's not JUST about playing the game, it's about playing the game then making new expriences for it and innovating on what's there. Bnet2 impedes that in more than one way.

The community exists regardless of whether they can chat in game.

If you feel that way about gaming though, go back to playing those noobed up games on the consoles, and leave the "complicated" gaming to the people who truly appreciate gaming.

I like how you always include random insults like this. You attempt to insult me, but only succeed in insulting console gamers, for no apparent reason. I am a PC gamer first (note: gamer, I waste some time in forums like these during work, but when I'm home I spend my time PLAYING games, not talking/whining about them) Console games aren't "noobed up." FPS are the main type of game played on consoles, and what makes a FPS easier than a mouse? I do truely appreciate gaming, which is why I spend my free time playing games, not whining about how, if I want to talk about a game, I have to multitask into a different program.

damndl0ser said:

There is nothing wrong with them making plenty of money on it.  From my understanding Blizzard has put 100million into it so they should get all they can out of it.   And if the game is good I hope they make tons of cash, that would only mean more SC.

But when they start taking features away primarily due to a pirating issue, this is where I take offense.  Most of these people who would put a hacked version on their computer would probably never purchase the game to begin with any way.  So the only thing they are actually doing is limiting the paying customer out of a feature that many want.

Besides, I would be willing to bet that eventually someone will figure a way of playing multiplayer without using Bnet anyways.  Probably within the first 6 months or less.

I'm not sure that's true. That may be the case with most games, but blizzard games have such high replay factor, a lot of people will fork over the cash if need be. Literally half my friends that I played DOTA with (pre-League of Legends) used pirated copies, so we had to play on G-Arena. We played hundreds of games though. If servers like G-Arena couldn't have hosted it, I'm pretty sure they'd have forked over $30 to buy a battlechest

Picked my copy up an hour and a half ago at a midnight launch in Sydney. Installing it now!!!!

I also got the limited edition so I'm looking forward to reading through the comic and watching the dvd extras, not to mention I gotta also check out the artbook :)

europe is finally able to install as well - almost done :)

Around the Network

Friend said that some people at various stores told him this was also going to be released on 360, I said I was pretty sure it was PC only. 

Am I wrong, or is the guy at futureshop sniffing glue?

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Tanstalas said:

Friend said that some people at various stores told him this was also going to be released on 360, I said I was pretty sure it was PC only. 

Am I wrong, or is the guy at futureshop sniffing glue?

I doubt it'll release on anything other then pc and mac.

BTW installing now. Got the collectors edition!

Still waiting 3 more hours. I got the collectors edition.

I didn't get out of my preorder so I'll have to wait for it to ship to play the game! :(

Signature goes here!

Installing it now, here in NY.

Fuckn' psyched! This game took my midnight launch virginity (...I think)