By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Official Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty thread!

Can't wait for Tuesday.

I'd played Starcraft online for years. I was gutted when I hadn't gotten an invite to the beta... but it doesn't matter now. I've been rushing to clue up whatever backlog I had before July 27.

Around the Network

my copy just arrived, so I'm rdy for tuesday :) too bad we can't install/play it now, heh

I have my copy in my shaky hands and I have to w8 until Tuesday to play!!! DAMN YOU BLIZZARD! HELL, IT'S TIME!!!

routsounmanman said:

I have my copy in my shaky hands and I have to w8 until Tuesday to play!!! DAMN YOU BLIZZARD! HELL, IT'S TIME!!!

Damn you both! I am going to have to wait until the 30th to play it looks like =( I havebeen trying to use SC1 to hold me over, but it is a little rough. The Brood War campaign is not doing it for me at this point.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

routsounmanman said:

Muahahaha!  At the moment, you're suffering more than I!

This may or may not change come Tuesday.

Around the Network

does anyone have any idea how the region multiplayer is gonna work?

i'm living in the philippines right now and as much as i'd like to play against my friends in england, somehow i'd prefer to play with people nearby around here. how do i accomplish that? do i need to buy a specific region copy of the game?

bugrimmar said:

does anyone have any idea how the region multiplayer is gonna work?

i'm living in the philippines right now and as much as i'd like to play against my friends in england, somehow i'd prefer to play with people nearby around here. how do i accomplish that? do i need to buy a specific region copy of the game?

Currently you will be locked into the south east Asia set of servers unless you bought a copy from a different region. There are some esoteric plans to implement cross-region play, but currently it is not possible. Any game you buy in that area should automatically have you set-up in that region. So if you just want to play against local people then go to a local store and nab the game. Otherwise you need to custom order.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

how do i make sure what kind of region copy i buy? i've a sneaking suspicion that the game stores here carry US copies. and what if i download the game instead of getting a retail copy? what region would  that be?

bugrimmar said:

how do i make sure what kind of region copy i buy? i've a sneaking suspicion that the game stores here carry US copies. and what if i download the game instead of getting a retail copy? what region would  that be?

To play friends from England, I think you'd order from here:

http://eu.blizzard.com/store/index.xml

my copy arrived today as well. i even activated in on my bnet account already... now if just that stupid installer wouldn't block installing until tuesday...