By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Official Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty thread!

MaxwellGT2000 said:

For people talking about the voice acting/lines being cheesy... it's a blizzard game :P the original game was the same way if you guys haven't played it in a while.  To be honest when I saw the previews make it out to be really serious I got angry for a sec... then the awesome of the trailer overtook that feeling... but I love the blizzard cheese lol

Don't get me wrong, I love some of the cheese, too. I think the news parts are funny, the character selection are great as always, the references and overall I think it's quite good.

However, there are a few one-liners on there that stick out as both unfunny and hammy.

Anyhow, I'm absolutely loving the game; it keeps getting better and better.

Around the Network
pearljammer said:

Hah! I love Blizzard's references. In a mission I'd just finished Tychus quoted an awesome line from Duke Nukem.

Anyone else catch any other references?

there is an achievement called "stay awhile and listen"

tube82 said:
pearljammer said:

Hah! I love Blizzard's references. In a mission I'd just finished Tychus quoted an awesome line from Duke Nukem.

Anyone else catch any other references?

there is an achievement called "stay awhile and listen"

There's also the 28 minutes later achievement which is a reference to 28 days later.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Haven't bought a PC game in ages, but decided to go buy this at gamestop over my lunch hours, as I have something like a $170 credit there.  They turned me away, though, as apparently they only bought enough for pre-orders and they couldn't sell any non-pre-ordered until after 48 hours had passed.  WTF?  They really thought there would be NO walk-up sales?  Honestly, what are they thinking?  Oh, well.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:

Haven't bought a PC game in ages, but decided to go buy this at gamestop over my lunch hours, as I have something like a $170 credit there.  They turned me away, though, as apparently they only bought enough for pre-orders and they couldn't sell any non-pre-ordered until after 48 hours had passed.  WTF?  They really thought there would be NO walk-up sales?  Honestly, what are they thinking?  Oh, well.

More likely they though, "Meh this is just in-store credit, we already have his money"

Oh and I jumped on the hype train and bought it :P  Just finished installing

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

I hate Gamestop! My order is still in verifying status! Everytime I pass by a Future Shop, Best Buy or Walmart I have to stop myself from running in and buying a copy.

Want one of my 10-day guest passes? :P

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

I need to get into a bit of multiplayer now. That's were this game will trully shine I guess.

Seems like the game is getting the sales it deserves :)

I really love how the AI does some basic micro on the brutal difficulty, like targer firing my medics and pulling away harmed units and casters like infestors. They managed to make it much more challenging than the harder missions in SC:BW.

Multiplayer is just as awesome as it was in the beta, probalbly more awesome since it's more balanced now.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Just got promoted to Silver League YAY!

Nearly finished the campaign. Then its off to battle.net to lose a thousand games in a row!