By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Marvel vs CAPCOM 3: 4 New characters revealed + New Gameplay!

Lynx said:

Here is a supposed leak of the final MvC3 roster.  While I do not believe it completely, it does seem rather plausible.  It could have been just a place holder list or something more, but the way in which it was discovered might lend it some credibility.  Personally, iwant it to be true aminly because it has Wesker in it :)

"The full character list for Marvel vs Capcom 3 has seemingly leaked early.

The list emerged via Flash coding on the Japanese Marvel vs Capcom 3 site, though it's since been altered to remove mention of other characters.

In any case, it's an interesting talking point, so here is the supposed character list in full:

Marvel: Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Mr Fantastic, Captain America, Iron Man, War Machine (alternate Iron Man outfit) Elektra, Thor, X-23, Magneto, Dr Doom, Shuma-Gorath, Emma Frost, Deadpool, Super Skrull, Taskmaster, Juggernaut, She-Hulk

Capcom: Ryu, Mike Haggar, Frank West, Chuck (alternate Frank West outfit), Spencer (Bionic Commando), Dante, Chris, Morrigan, Arthur, Amaterasu , Albert Wesker, Zero, Chun-li, Viewtiful Joe, Trish, Tron Bonne, Hsien-Ko, Akuma, Felicia"

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=252087

Thing about that list, though, is that in an interview at Comic-Con, Emma Frost was apparently confirmed to not be in the game, which ruins the credibility of it. Kudos to it managing to guess everyone else so far, though.

Around the Network
Lynx said:

Here is a supposed leak of the final MvC3 roster.  While I do not believe it completely, it does seem rather plausible.  It could have been just a place holder list or something more, but the way in which it was discovered might lend it some credibility.  Personally, iwant it to be true aminly because it has Wesker in it :)

The list emerged via Flash coding on the Japanese Marvel vs Capcom 3 site, though it's since been altered to remove mention of other characters.

In any case, it's an interesting talking point, so here is the supposed character list in full:

Marvel: Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Mr Fantastic, Captain America, Iron Man, War Machine (alternate Iron Man outfit) Elektra, Thor, X-23, Magneto, Dr Doom, Shuma-Gorath, Emma Frost, Deadpool, Super Skrull, Taskmaster, Juggernaut, She-Hulk

Capcom: Ryu, Mike Haggar, Frank West, Chuck (alternate Frank West outfit), Spencer (Bionic Commando), Dante, Chris, Morrigan, Arthur, Amaterasu , Albert Wesker, Zero, Chun-li, Viewtiful Joe, Trish, Tron Bonne, Hsien-Ko, Akuma, Felicia"

But at this point, who cares about Taskmaster (cool villain but not mainstream), Shuma-Gorath (I'm a comic fan and I've NEVER seen him outside of a video game), Viewtiful Joe (a relic of last gen), Tron Bonne (another relic from even further back), and Hsien-Ko?  There are too many other better characters that people would actually get excited about.

Lynx said:

X-23

No...not her, anyone but her, she's a crap character with no personality. They should never have created her or at least left her in the Evolution cartoon.

If this is the final list they are missing nigh on all of the most famous Marvel Characters in the X-men, no Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler? Just Wolverine and Emma Frost who would be really hard to do in this game as she's neither a fighter or has powers that translate well. No X-men would just be a fail all over. Infact I'd say it would convince me not to buy it. (Fanboyism is great)

Aren't the X-men quite popular in Japan? As in they are more well known then the other heroes. 

Hmm, pie.

KylieDog said:

It was said to do 40 characters (which is the aim of MvC3 apparently) as HD sprites would take far longer than doing the game 3D.

My point exactly, easier and quick in 3D which they are doing, apparently as we've seen in videos there is a working battle system which is the backbone of it, all that is left is creation of more characters and the finishing touches, surely? and they've got 9 months to do that.

They also have character models from Tatsunoko Vs Capcom for Capcom characters to use, as this game is based on that engine it seems, just update and convert them over.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

My point exactly, easier and quick in 3D which they are doing, apparently as we've seen in videos there is a working battle system which is the backbone of it, all that is left is creation of more characters and the finishing touches, surely? and they've got 9 months to do that.

They also have character models from Tatsunoko Vs Capcom for Capcom characters to use, as this game is based on that engine it seems, just update and convert them over.

The thing is balance. Adding 80 characters how balanced do you think the game will be?

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!

Around the Network
Lynx said:

This would actaully be believable if Megaman wasnt excluded... thats fake.

Trish is no surpise.

There's actually 6 new characters, but, I bet by now someone has mentioned them, and I'm not going to look though the pages just to see.

Finally, I do believe servbot will be a playable character again in this game.  I'm 80% sure of it.

EDIT:  Yeah, the above list is completely faked.

Well, right off the bat I have my team assembled: Deadpool, Dante, and Amaterasu. Don't care if they might not compliment each other, they're AWESOME.

you forgot amaterasu  and thor

But at this point, who cares about Taskmaster (cool villain but not mainstream), Shuma-Gorath (I'm a comic fan and I've NEVER seen him outside of a video game), Viewtiful Joe (a relic of last gen), Tron Bonne (another relic from even further back), and Hsien-Ko?  There are too many other better characters that people would actually get excited about.

I really want Viewtiful Joe's inclusion.  

Emma Frost can turn her body into daimond(High defense and hard hitter). She would be an interesting tank like character since all the other females are always so fast.