By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Marvel vs CAPCOM 3: 4 New characters revealed + New Gameplay!

Some one add this new info to the OP, no need to make a brand new thread for the two new characters

Go here for the screenshots

http://www.ironstarmovement.com/profiles/blogs/new-marvel-vs-capcom-3

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

I'm not really concerned over the Capcom side, as long as they have Captain Commando but Marvel side is a different matter.

They need the entire Fantastic Four, FF allies like Silver Surfer, Crystal (and maybe other Inhumans), villains well they have 2 already and decent too at that.

A fair whack of X-men (Nightcrawler without a doubt), no Emma Frost but definitely Jean Grey. No Marrow, she hasn't even appeared in a comic in ages and is currently powerless. No Omega Red, cool in the 90s is not cool now. Fantomex maybe, he's cool. Villains of Apocalypse, Sinister maybe, Magneto obviously, some lesser ones, like Sabretooth (for Wolverine) and maybe Toad and Mystique.

Avengers wise, well as many as they can, they have a good lot already (main ones) just need ... well actually that might do, Thor, Ironman and Cap are pretty much the Avengers. Throw in Hawkeye to fill it out...poor Avengers, they might be might but they sure ain't popular.

DareDevil should be in, Punisher too, Maybe Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

Oh Gladiator for the Imperial Guard and Nova.

Black Panther.

Black Knight.

Green Goblyn. Doctor Octopus.

... I could go on, some character just don't work though, like Quicksilver.

Hmm, pie.

I am extremely excited about this.

The Fury said:

I'm not really concerned over the Capcom side, as long as they have Captain Commando but Marvel side is a different matter.

They need the entire Fantastic Four, FF allies like Silver Surfer, Crystal (and maybe other Inhumans), villains well they have 2 already and decent too at that.

A fair whack of X-men (Nightcrawler without a doubt), no Emma Frost but definitely Jean Grey. No Marrow, she hasn't even appeared in a comic in ages and is currently powerless. No Omega Red, cool in the 90s is not cool now. Fantomex maybe, he's cool. Villains of Apocalypse, Sinister maybe, Magneto obviously, some lesser ones, like Sabretooth (for Wolverine) and maybe Toad and Mystique.

Avengers wise, well as many as they can, they have a good lot already (main ones) just need ... well actually that might do, Thor, Ironman and Cap are pretty much the Avengers. Throw in Hawkeye to fill it out...poor Avengers, they might be might but they sure ain't popular.

Black Panther.

Black Knight.

I get where you're coming from, but you're expecting way, way, way, way, way too much. Dr. Doom and Super-Skrull are likely all we're going to get in regards to the Fantastic Four. I'm pretty sure they even confirmed a while back that none of the FF would be in, so Super-Skrull is likely there to fill in for all four of them.

As for X-Men, I think after the X-Men-fest that previous MvC-games were, we could do fine with just Wolverine, Cyclops and Jean Grey, or something like that.

But I've heard a rumor that there will only be 13 characters per side, and if that's true, don't go expecting too much - you'll be severely let down.

Also, in an interview at Comic-con the following characters were apparently confirmed to not be in the game:

The Punisher
Daredevil
Emma Frost
Ghost Rider
Phoenix Wright
Gene (God Hand)

I'm hoping Magneto and Psylocke make it into the Roster!!!

Around the Network

Oh, such a childish game! People throwing fireballs out of their limbs!? Come on! :P

Seriously now, it looks great. I just hate to know that it doesn't play all that well in a regular controller and I don't have enough money to buy two sticks (or at least one) if my priorities keep as given.

I'm still looking foward for it though.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
The Fury said:

Black Panther.

Black Knight.

I get where you're coming from, but you're expecting way, way, way, way, way too much. Dr. Doom and Super-Skrull are likely all we're going to get in regards to the Fantastic Four. I'm pretty sure they even confirmed a while back that none of the FF would be in, so Super-Skrull is likely there to fill in for all four of them.

As for X-Men, I think after the X-Men-fest that previous MvC-games were, we could do fine with just Wolverine, Cyclops and Jean Grey, or something like that.

But I've heard a rumor that there will only be 13 characters per side, and if that's true, don't go expecting too much - you'll be severely let down.

Also, in an interview at Comic-con the following characters were apparently confirmed to not be in the game:

The Punisher
Daredevil
Emma Frost
Ghost Rider
Phoenix Wright
Gene (God Hand)

A fair point I am expecting too much but how is 13 characters a side a sequel? they had  56 last time on a hand drawn game, now they have CG characters, which take less time to create and they have massive amounts of more space. I'm hoping for 80 characters, and if we don't get that what's the point in it being a sequel.

X-men are easy and they might as well include all the X-men they've had previously, again it's a sequel. But then the reason the reason the X-men were in the last ones so much was because of the other fighting games Capcom had produced, mainly the X-men children of atom and X-men vs Capcom so they already had the character models. Easy to convert over.

I'm going to be let down no matter what, and if that little list up there is anything to go by, already am. 

No Ace Attorney is a sad sad thing.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
The Fury said:

Black Panther.

Black Knight.

The Punisher
Daredevil
Emma Frost
Ghost Rider
Phoenix Wright
Gene (God Hand)

A fair point I am expecting too much but how is 13 characters a side a sequel? they had  56 last time on a hand drawn game, now they have CG characters, which take less time to create and they have massive amounts of more space. I'm hoping for 80 characters, and if we don't get that what's the point in it being a sequel.

X-men are easy and they might as well include all the X-men they've had previously, again it's a sequel. But then the reason the reason the X-men were in the last ones so much was because of the other fighting games Capcom had produced, mainly the X-men children of atom and X-men vs Capcom so they already had the character models. Easy to convert over.

I'm going to be let down no matter what, and if that little list up there is anything to go by, already am. 

No Ace Attorney is a sad sad thing.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'd also hoped for a lot more characters but apparently they're thinning it down immensely.

As for Ace Attorney, it's an absolutely fantastic series which I love to death, but I'm honestly fine about now having a playable character from it since it would be... strange.

Smeags said:

*Patiently waits for the Thor announcement*

Amaterasu is a far shot, but there's always hope.

Other than that, can't wait for this game to come out.

And right after I post this we get an amazing screenie of Thor fighting Amaterasu.

So. Awesome.

Definitely getting this game now!

Here is a supposed leak of the final MvC3 roster.  While I do not believe it completely, it does seem rather plausible.  It could have been just a place holder list or something more, but the way in which it was discovered might lend it some credibility.  Personally, iwant it to be true aminly because it has Wesker in it :)

"The full character list for Marvel vs Capcom 3 has seemingly leaked early.

The list emerged via Flash coding on the Japanese Marvel vs Capcom 3 site, though it's since been altered to remove mention of other characters.

In any case, it's an interesting talking point, so here is the supposed character list in full:

Marvel: Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Mr Fantastic, Captain America, Iron Man, War Machine (alternate Iron Man outfit) Elektra, Thor, X-23, Magneto, Dr Doom, Shuma-Gorath, Emma Frost, Deadpool, Super Skrull, Taskmaster, Juggernaut, She-Hulk

Capcom: Ryu, Mike Haggar, Frank West, Chuck (alternate Frank West outfit), Spencer (Bionic Commando), Dante, Chris, Morrigan, Arthur, Amaterasu , Albert Wesker, Zero, Chun-li, Viewtiful Joe, Trish, Tron Bonne, Hsien-Ko, Akuma, Felicia"

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=252087

Remember, magic is just stuff science has not made boring yet.