By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 [Official Thread]

Kamal said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

I want to buy this game but i dont know what version to buy. i would say the ps3 controller is better for fighting games but i had a blast on naruto rise of a ninja. Was PS3 lead platform? I know it won't be much of a difference either way but it might help me decide what version to get.

I'd advice getting a PS3 version since Vgchartz Tournament, will only be played with that platform. As there isn't a sufficient amount of 360 buyers for it to warrant a tourny.

Here's the video review for IGN

he took points of because you have to unlock characters? wtf

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
Kamal said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

I want to buy this game but i dont know what version to buy. i would say the ps3 controller is better for fighting games but i had a blast on naruto rise of a ninja. Was PS3 lead platform? I know it won't be much of a difference either way but it might help me decide what version to get.

I'd advice getting a PS3 version since Vgchartz Tournament, will only be played with that platform. As there isn't a sufficient amount of 360 buyers for it to warrant a tourny.

I know. Most ridiculous thing ever.

Also, how long is the game's adventure mode?

indodude said:
Mad55 said:
Kamal said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

I know. Most ridiculous thing ever.

Also, how long is the game's adventure mode?

ive heard that adventure mode is around 15 hours.

Packie said:

Just got the game! currently installing...

@Kamal

just you wait, I'll be honing my skills in single-player for a bit and then I'll I take you on.

Trust me online is great as most people are still trying to grab the games mechanics.

Dude the lag has halted me doing subsitutions which am godly at, hopefully when thats fixed and you got all the characters the real match will start!

@Mad55 sorry about that, if there were around 12 360 owners buying the game it would of been possible!

I'll put the tournament up at Thursday!

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Just got my ass kicked by Kamal three times in online. <_<

@Kamal

don't worry, I'll try to do something about the lag next time. for now, I'll stick to adventure mode.

Around the Network
Packie said:

Just got my ass kicked by Kamal three times in online. <_<

@Kamal

don't worry, I'll try to do something about the lag next time. for now, I'll stick to adventure mode.

1) You'll improve

2) It will be much worse without the lag

3) Oh I want to clear some air the game has added projectile characters, meaning certain characters e.g. Deidara, Tenten, Shino etc can combo by Pressing Square Up,Down, Left/Right.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Kamal said:
Packie said:

Just got the game! currently installing...

@Kamal

just you wait, I'll be honing my skills in single-player for a bit and then I'll I take you on.

Trust me online is great as most people are still trying to grab the games mechanics.

Dude the lag has halted me doing subsitutions which am godly at, hopefully when thats fixed and you got all the characters the real match will start!

@Mad55 sorry about that, if there were around 12 360 owners buying the game it would of been possible!

I'll put the tournament up at Thursday!

lol its cool dude

Kamal said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Beat it and unlocked all the characters a little while ago, the game has improved in just about every way over the first, the only things I somewhat miss but really isn't a big deal is in single player you no longer have the entire village to run around in open world style, but it really wouldn't fit with how much traveling is in Shippuden, the other thing I miss is custom ninjutsu meaning you only have one per character, on the other hand taking most of those away plus a few other cheap things has made the game SO BALANCED it's really good.

If anyone wants to know more just ask me but bottom line is the game is a must buy

The other problem I have is that some characters have been nerfed beyond unplayable such as Tenten and Shino. Apart from that it's a great game.

@Doobie_wop: The single player is around 15 hours give or take, the online is your basic ranked and unranked single or team matches (meaning you can use supports), be prepared for some really bad spammers.

11 Win 2 defeats baby!

Shino is actually all about setting people up, my friend I played UNS2 with is an expert at that style of play and he can kick my ass with him, the counter to it however is a mid/long range character like Ino and some support characters like Orichimaru.

I have noticed with some characters it's best just not to awaken cause I've awakened, lost the ability to call out support and to do ultimate jutsu and got my ass handed to me cause of it.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Kamal said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Beat it and unlocked all the characters a little while ago, the game has improved in just about every way over the first, the only things I somewhat miss but really isn't a big deal is in single player you no longer have the entire village to run around in open world style, but it really wouldn't fit with how much traveling is in Shippuden, the other thing I miss is custom ninjutsu meaning you only have one per character, on the other hand taking most of those away plus a few other cheap things has made the game SO BALANCED it's really good.

If anyone wants to know more just ask me but bottom line is the game is a must buy

The other problem I have is that some characters have been nerfed beyond unplayable such as Tenten and Shino. Apart from that it's a great game.

@Doobie_wop: The single player is around 15 hours give or take, the online is your basic ranked and unranked single or team matches (meaning you can use supports), be prepared for some really bad spammers.

11 Win 2 defeats baby!

Shino is actually all about setting people up, my friend I played UNS2 with is an expert at that style of play and he can kick my ass with him, the counter to it however is a mid/long range character like Ino and some support characters like Orichimaru.

I have noticed with some characters it's best just not to awaken cause I've awakened, lost the ability to call out support and to do ultimate jutsu and got my ass handed to me cause of it.

After playing a while I just noticed that you have to utilize the projectiles, which does balance things the balancing act in this game is amazing which leaves me dumbfounded the amount of Naruto, Sasuke and Minato users there are.

Which platform do you have the game on?

Kamal said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Kamal said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

11 Win 2 defeats baby!

After playing a while I just noticed that you have to utilize the projectiles, which does balance things the balancing act in this game is amazing which leaves me dumbfounded the amount of Naruto, Sasuke and Minato users there are.

Which platform do you have the game on?

It's my friends copy but I beat it for him so we could unlock some characters, it's on PS3 and when I have my copy it'll be on PS3 as well.  Personally my favorite character is Ino I've done very well with that character, I use Orichimaru and Sage Mode Naruto for support.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000