By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

Vote Sabby_e17

Sabby haven't defended himself, despite being online 18 minutes ago. Nonames claims have been clear.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network

I'm going to proceed on the assumption that dsister was not scum, or else substituting him with a new player would break the game ("God_of_War, why did dsister say/do X?" "I dunno, wasn't me, ask him." "What was your night action on Night Y?" "I dunno, wasn't me.").  If dsister WAS scum... well, I hereby preemptively declare this game to be a townie victory by default, on the grounds of an uneven playing field.

Seriously, I'm glad we're not losing an extra person to mod-killing, but I would not allow substitutions at this late stage of the game, especially not someone who was previously active in the same game.  I held my tongue with hatmoza, partly because Hapheastos never actually got a chance to play, but... ah well, what's done is done.

One last note: if you're going to ask for objections, please don't ask them at 5:30 AM my time, and then close the subject an hour later!

Regarding stefl:  Everything you said is true, and yet I just have the feeling that he isn't anti-town.  Admittedly, my gut isn't exactly 100% reliable...

Regarding sabby: you've read the claims, and you've read the posts.  Ignore the commentary in my posts, and ask yourself:  do sabby's current claims mesh with his past statements and actions?   Or are there outright contradictions?  I believe there are way too many things about his story that simply don't add up.  Worse, some of his statements are flat out contradictory with what he's said, and despite taking several days to explain himself his explanations have so far contained additional contradictions.  If he were being completely honest, this should not be the case.

noname2200 said:

I'm going to proceed on the assumption that dsister was not scum, or else substituting him with a new player would break the game ("God_of_War, why did dsister say/do X?" "I dunno, wasn't me, ask him." "What was your night action on Night Y?" "I dunno, wasn't me.").  If dsister WAS scum... well, I hereby preemptively declare this game to be a townie victory by default, on the grounds of an uneven playing field.

Seriously, I'm glad we're not losing an extra person to mod-killing, but I would not allow substitutions at this late stage of the game, especially not someone who was previously active in the same game.  I held my tongue with hatmoza, partly because Hapheastos never actually got a chance to play, but... ah well, what's done is done.

Its just a game man, remember its just for fun :-/

when i asked about objections i was just being polite....i didn't think that people would mind :(

If the others feel the same i can mod kill gow (Shao Khan loves to use his hammer believe me)

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:

Its just a game man, remember its just for fun :-/

when i asked about objections i was just being polite....i didn't think that people would mind :(

If the others feel the same i can mod kill gow (Shao Khan loves to use his hammer believe me)

Sorry, looks like the tone of my post came off differently than what I'd intended.  I stand by the risk/benefit analysis, but I'm overall okay with the substitution: it just makes the game much harder to play now, especially if dsister was scum after all.  I think the better solution would have been to ask dsister to make an alt account and use it to play while he worked out the problem with his past account, but that probably breaks some forum rules.  Short version: it's done, and I'm happy that someone gets to keep playing, I just wish it didn't have to interrupt the flow of the game.

/pops head out of coffin for out of game message

Then again a sub this late in the game for someone who didn't play means 1000 posts to read...

But the whole "what where the night actions?" point does stand. One more point would have been if the player (here Gow) had a night action in his previous life... then he would have additional info that his new character should not have.

Nen should send GoW a historic of Dist's action... whether there were some, one or none, that is not for the players to know, just GoW.

If a player had no night action and no additional knowledge, I don't see the harm in him joining, provided he is given the relevant background info by the mod.

Though yes, it can be confusing for the players, It was already confusing for some in my case and I hadn't been posting before rejoining.

/closes coffin

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

<zombie>

Nen, does that mean a single vote at the deadline is sufficient to cause a lynch?

</zombie>

Soleron said:

<zombie>

Nen, does that mean a single vote at the deadline is sufficient to cause a lynch?

</zombie>

I believe that is what he means.

Sorry I haven't been on, but it seems I didn't miss much anyways. :-/

In this deadline then we don't have many options, so let's judge carefully. Risk lynching sabby and hope he's lying?

Bah. This deadlines only help when we're told a while before they're actually ending, at the beginning of the day or something. Popping up and say we only have 24 hours makes me rush -_-

Our other best guest would be Silver-Tiger, actually. His got overly defensive when Vetteman only mentioned he was suspicious of him. That just looks weird

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

/zombie

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

c03n3nj0 said:

Sorry I haven't been on, but it seems I didn't miss much anyways. :-/

In this deadline then we don't have many options, so let's judge carefully. Risk lynching sabby and hope he's lying?

Bah. This deadlines only help when we're told a while before they're actually ending, at the beginning of the day or something. Popping up and say we only have 24 hours makes me rush -_-

Our other best guest would be Silver-Tiger, actually. His got overly defensive when Vetteman only mentioned he was suspicious of him. That just looks weird

I agree,  I picked up on his quick defense pretty quickly.  I just think for now with the holes in sabby's story he is our best bet for a successful lynch.