By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

Holy shit Noname2200, are you a hobby detective?

Everything you said just makes completely sense, some things you said are soo obvious, yet I didn't notice it. I'd say Sabby is pretty much fucked. I'll wait for Sabby to response before I vote for him, though.

Ohh, and you're not alone with your doubts on Vetteman. But killing mafia scum is more important. If we don't get scum this time, it's over. So I think it's better if we concentrate on a mafia lynch rather than a risky SK lynch.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network
Stefl1504 said:
noname2200 said:
Stefl1504 said:

If that what Sabby says is true then there is a slight posibility that dsis is Mafia, if he lies then dsis is Pro-Town...

Sorry, I don't follow.  Please explain.

Well if sabby really targeted me and F-F on day one there would be a slight possibility that Dsis is Mafia, because his night action has cleared him that night, but if F-F got killed by being switched that would mean that dsis maybe is Mafia. Still I do believe in the innocense of dsis and tend to not believe Sabby...

I just have the big problem that any step I take may be used against me, since I am already suspected by a lot of people. If Sabby turns out to be Mafia I am pretty much screwed so the only thing I can hope for is that he tells the truth though not knowing if he tells it or not.

The problem I have is that I really do not want to reveal dsis role... I only would reveal his role if he would allow me to, that would make things easier for me, but a lot more difficult for him...

Also I do not really believe in this vigilante story... I rather believe he is a SK trying to buy some time... but lynching him can be delayed, because if all mafia seem to be dead and he is still there we should lynch him.

Silly stefls! If Sabby was a Bus-driver and really switched you and Final-Fan, your role isn't affected, it's the roles used on you that are affected.

You see, whatever happens to you happens to the other guy instead, and vise versa. 

The only way for you to get a wrong investigation is if dsister was switched with someone else. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

I deeply regret making the comment that I did (because it has affected the game)and will offer an explanation when the game is over.

noname2200 said:

Finally, regarding the Vetteman Plan:

1)  We can only utilize him to our advantage if we publicly decide who his target will be.  This is a bad idea when we have a confessed bus driver around, and possibly one still hiding. 

2) If someone besides the target gets killed, we won't know if he went rogue, or if the target got switched.  See Point One, above.

3) We would need to have two solid suspects.  In light of how we've had one (1) day end before the mod set a deadline of some sort, the odds of that happening are about zero.

I have to hand it to Vetteman, he's played a remarkable card.  If our tracker finds him killing someone, it's now expected.  But we don't know for sure if he's the serial killer or the vigilante, so voting to lynch him is risky, mostly because of our small numbers (not because we lose a tool:  neutering his killing powers might be best for the town, in light of the decisions he's made).

I'm very much inclined to believe that he's the serial killer, rather than the vigilante, but looking at the killing schedule I think we can wait a day before dealing with him.  For now, I think it's best we focus on lynching a mafioso.  It's clear where my money is, and my certainty has only increased since Saturday, but judging from the lack of votes it seems I'm flying solo on this one.

With all of that great detective work you have done I would think you would have figured it out easily that I am in fact a Vigilante and not a Serial Killer.   Role Claiming today as a Vigilante basically digs my grave for me,  I am just waiting for the shove into the hole. The Mafia cant let me live through the night,  if I do I have a shot at killing them tomorrow night,  sure my aim has be off so far,  but with the dwindling numbers my odds get better.  Its a chance they cant take.

Also,  Even if I was lying, the minute the mafia guys are dead and the game hasnt ended,  I am the first to be lynched if I live to see that day.   Roleclaiming was a no win situation for me,  but a win win for the town,  it allowed everyone to focus on other people.  

Basing this vote on the info from above,  so far its the best lead we have got.

Unvote

Vote Sabby  

c03n3nj0 said:
Stefl1504 said:

Silly stefls! If Sabby was a Bus-driver and really switched you and Final-Fan, your role isn't affected, it's the roles used on you that are affected.

You see, whatever happens to you happens to the other guy instead, and vise versa. 

The only way for you to get a wrong investigation is if dsister was switched with someone else. 

I DO know that... it is just because Mafia was switched there is a slight possibility that he is Mafia...

Around the Network

2 Players out of 9 voted

2 votes Sabby

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

This game has slowed down...a LOT.

I'm at work right now and I've only had a chance to scan Sabby's posts (it seems to be a lot of making himself look good using the benefit of hindsight from what I can see though.)

However I do agree with Noname that we can safely worry about Vetteman tomorrow: based on the previous interval between his kills he won't be able to attack tonight anyway. I also agree that telling Vetteman who to target would be pointless, it was an idea though.

Vetteman also makes a good point about revealing his role being kind of stupid if he was actually the serial killer.
However:
1) We don't know how many mafia there are so there isn't going to be a point where we definitely know that he's the serial killer and just have to lynch him to win.
2) It is almost as stupid for the Vigilante to reveal his role as the serial killer when he's not even certain to be lynched.

You guys really need to get things moving here >_<

Am looking for a replacement for "dsister" and if i cant find one, he will be mod killed before the next day starts

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

"GodOfWar_3ever" has asked to replace "dsister". Any objections ?