By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

c03n3nj0 said:
Nikells said:
noname2200 said:

Regarding theRepublic:  If I recall correctly, he wasn't the only person to object strenuously to your proposal, and in fact I think other people voted to lynch you that day as well.  Is there any additional reason that you singled him out?

I also voted for Vetteman initially which is why I'm surprised that I wasn't targeted instead of GodofWar last night. Vetteman seemed to be pretty sure I was guilty during the day, yet he didn't target me during the night when he had the chance.

I honestly can't decide if this is a cunning move by a serial killer or not. Unless I'm mistaken: since our proper cop is already dead there's no way to know if he's genuinely a vigilante or not?

Well, Serial Killers come up innocent under investigation in the first place, so if we had a cop he wouldn't be able to do much.  

I'm thinking: Why don't we use Vetteman to kill someone we chose?  That way, he can maybe prove he's pro-town, and if he doesn't do it we lynch him (if he doesn't get killed by the mafia).

How would that prove I am pro-town?   I could just be a serial killer going along with the towns plans?

Around the Network
c03n3nj0 said:
It's my list! I don't suspect myself. >.> 

So it's counterproductive adding a known pro-town to a list trying to narrow down scum sin't it?  

Haha: Well it's my list now and I do suspect you!

(Less than I did though now that Vetteman has taken credit for the unknown night kills.)

Vetteman94 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
Nikells said:
noname2200 said:

Regarding theRepublic:  If I recall correctly, he wasn't the only person to object strenuously to your proposal, and in fact I think other people voted to lynch you that day as well.  Is there any additional reason that you singled him out?

I also voted for Vetteman initially which is why I'm surprised that I wasn't targeted instead of GodofWar last night. Vetteman seemed to be pretty sure I was guilty during the day, yet he didn't target me during the night when he had the chance.

I honestly can't decide if this is a cunning move by a serial killer or not. Unless I'm mistaken: since our proper cop is already dead there's no way to know if he's genuinely a vigilante or not?

Well, Serial Killers come up innocent under investigation in the first place, so if we had a cop he wouldn't be able to do much.  

I'm thinking: Why don't we use Vetteman to kill someone we chose?  That way, he can maybe prove he's pro-town, and if he doesn't do it we lynch him (if he doesn't get killed by the mafia).

How would that prove I am pro-town?   I could just be a serial killer going along with the towns plans?

Well it's giving the town extra killing power nonetheless.  It helps get the scum, and if it's obvious you're the SK then we lynch you. 

You did say you don't have a night kill tonight, though.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

noname2200 said:

Did I miss sabby's response? Six hours ended a long time ago...

Vetteman94 said:

I didnt buy his story,  thats why.  I normally can read people quite well in mafia.  But this paticular game I struggled a little.  My choice of theRepublic was driven by his adamant stance against my "No Lynch Plan" for Day 2.  The exact same stance he took against it in a previous game, when he was mafia,  had we have listened to me, we would be in much better shape than we are now.  

Also,  I dont see why we are believing Stefl's investigations,  isnt he just a Tracker?   He only finds out if they have a night action or not,  ot their alignment

Regarding God_of_War: what story are you referring to?  I'd look it up, but I'm at work right now (short on time), so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Regarding stefl:  we're working off the assumption that the roles he's found are pro-town or not.  Admittedly, I believe all roles are mafia-eligible, so our reliance may be misplaced.  Moreover, we know from Nikells that stefl's powers seem to be on the fritz at the moment.  On the other hand, he did find the Godfather for us.

Regarding GodofWar:  I would as well, but I am in the same predicament,  Im constantly looking over my shoulder as I type my replies.  IF I have the time tonight I will post my exact reasons why. 

Regarding theRepublic:   While he may have no been the only one,  he was the biggest advocate against it,  he believed in the BS concept that giving up our killing power would hurt the towns chances and be bad for us as a town.  Which is absolutely false,  especially the way the first night turned out for the town,  we were down 2 mafia members and the only townie dead was a modkilled player.   Instead we proceded to lynch our deputy with little to no evidence against him.  

Regarding Stefl:  I know,  we are acting this way towards him because of everything we have lost so far so we are latching on to any information he has.   Although his last couple nights have started to lean me towards what Hatmoza thought,  that he could be a mafia tracker.   With the one find that he had giving him a free ticket to the end.  

/pops periscope out of coffin

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Nikells said:
noname2200 said:

Well if it makes you feel any better,  it was between you, Silver-Tiger and GodofWar.  With what info I had about all 3 of you I choose what I thought was the best option.   Again,  I went more with my feeling than the in game info,  but the in game info did have an influence.

Vetteman94 said:
trangentspree said:

One more question Vetteman. Will you be able to target someone tonight?

No I will not be able to,  like I said I have limitations on my abilities.

Telling us these limitations would help scum, right?

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

noname2200 said:

I'm confident that we will lynch a mafia today.  There are several reasons why I think sabby is mafia, but I'd like to begin by pointing out that either he is lying about being the bus driver or he is the mafia's bus driver. 

The decisions he's claimed simply do not add up.  On Night One he switched Final-Fan and stefl?  Why?  We didn't know until Day Two that stefl had a useful power, so it couldn't have been to protect stefl.  He suspected Final-Fan?  No, because Final-Fan wasn't acting particularly suspiciously that day: his death was fortunate, but neither he nor Khuutra gave themselves away before their deaths.  And why wouldn't he choose to protect Khuutra if he was pro-town and actually is a bus driver?   He's trying to take credit for helping the town by protecting stefl, but Khuutra's post-mortem post makes it clear that Khuutra had, in fact, wanted to kill Final-Fan ("I got you [Final-Fan]!"). This completely contradicts stefl's claim that F-F's death was the unintended result of sabby's actions!

Sabby's other claimed decisions also don't add up.   On Day Two he chose to protect hatmoza?  Again, why?  Hatmoza barely played that day, so I don't see why you could logically consider him to be a particularly big target.  By contrast, several other players had made themselves more obvious targets, such as theRepublic, and we were all convinced that stefl was the cop.  So why would a pro-town Bus Driver, who had previously "protected" stefl, suddenly change his action to someone else?  It's like confessing that he wanted stefl to die! 

His alleged Day Three actions are also questionable.  Not only did he continue to not protect stefl, but he targeted two people who, by his own admission, he both suspected.   Where is the logic in this?  He feared that a bad guy might get targeted, so he swapped him for another bad guy?  Bull.

I'd also like to add that sabby is acting very, very differently than he did in the last game he played.  In the previous game, he was pro-town, and he aggressively pursued people who he thought were mafia: he stayed on Final-Fan's nuts throughout that game, evidence-to-the-contrary be damned.  And yet here he's very much been keeping a low profile, like he's making a point of not making any waves.  His biggest contribution to Day One was to try to end the day; I'm hard pressed to think of what else he's added to help us.  And I'm sure I'm not the only person who briefly forgot at some point that he was even playing.

To summarize: every one of the night actions sabby's claimed to have taken are complete BS, and his day actions are a complete 180 of how he performed when he was pro-town. 

Vote: sabby

I chose to pick Stefl on day one because I thought he had a valuable role which and I thought the Mafia would have targeted him. The reason why I thought he had a useful (pro-town) role is because of these quotes: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3537188 AND http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3538178

Because of the above two quotes, I was thinking that it's a possibility that Stefl could have an important role for the town. I haven't played with Stefl before, so I thought this was a slight mistake on his part (revealing that he got a "nice" role) and if the Mafia picked up this comment, I feared that Stefl could very well be Mafia dinner on night one. So he was my first target. Next, I looked to find someone who I considered was Mafia. Remember the Makingmusic situation on day one? After nen-suer cleared the whole misconception, I looked back and found that Final-Fan, Khuutra, RCT, Hatmoza and tanstalas were the ones who opted to lynch MM or they brought up some crazy theories (like invisible assassin). One of these would be my second target (three of them were Mafia). I chose not to target Hatmoza because from past games, he has always acted crazy, and when he brought up the idea of MM being a jester, I could just see that this was crazy paranoia from him which made me believe that he was innocent. My opinion on him changed later when he was almost certain that Stefl was scum, and me doing the stuff I did could tell that Stefl was not scum. Those two above quotes come to mind. Secondly, I didn't decide to target RCT and Tanstalas because Tanstalas hinted at him being the bomb (a rather obvious hint)and RCT hadn't been posting much and when he did,they were rather vague so I couldn't get a good read on him. He unvoted MM; http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3538658 When he unvoted MM, it led me to belive that RCT was just "believing" all of Hatmoza's crap. So my target shrunk to Final-Fan and Khuutra. Both were quick to vote MM so it really came down to luck, and I happened to have targeted Final-Fan. 

Now, about that Khuutra statement, I am baffled. I DID target Final-Fan and Stefl so my only assumption is that Khuutra said that because he was Mafia and wanted to cause confusion among the town (even though he was dead and it's something he shouldn't have done.)

I'll post my other explanations soon cos I'm hungry.

Ah, you know what? I'll just post my explanation tomorrow because it's midnight here and I'm tired and sleepy -_-

As for everyone wondering where the hell I had been, on Saturday and Sunday, I was out and about and got home really late therefore not going on the computer and going to sleep.

So I'll be back tomorrow morning (hopefully)

sabby_e17 said:

I chose to pick Stefl on day one because I thought he had a valuable role which and I thought the Mafia would have targeted him. The reason why I thought he had a useful (pro-town) role is because of these quotes: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3537188 AND http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3538178

Because of the above two quotes, I was thinking that it's a possibility that Stefl could have an important role for the town. I haven't played with Stefl before, so I thought this was a slight mistake on his part (revealing that he got a "nice" role) and if the Mafia picked up this comment, I feared that Stefl could very well be Mafia dinner on night one. So he was my first target. Next, I looked to find someone who I considered was Mafia. Remember the Makingmusic situation on day one? After nen-suer cleared the whole misconception, I looked back and found that Final-Fan, Khuutra, RCT, Hatmoza and tanstalas were the ones who opted to lynch MM or they brought up some crazy theories (like invisible assassin). One of these would be my second target (three of them were Mafia). I chose not to target Hatmoza because from past games, he has always acted crazy, and when he brought up the idea of MM being a jester, I could just see that this was crazy paranoia from him which made me believe that he was innocent. My opinion on him changed later when he was almost certain that Stefl was scum, and me doing the stuff I did could tell that Stefl was not scum. Those two above quotes come to mind. Secondly, I didn't decide to target RCT and Tanstalas because Tanstalas hinted at him being the bomb (a rather obvious hint)and RCT hadn't been posting much and when he did,they were rather vague so I couldn't get a good read on him. He unvoted MM; http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3538658 When he unvoted MM, it led me to belive that RCT was just "believing" all of Hatmoza's crap. So my target shrunk to Final-Fan and Khuutra. Both were quick to vote MM so it really came down to luck, and I happened to have targeted Final-Fan. 

Now, about that Khuutra statement, I am baffled. I DID target Final-Fan and Stefl so my only assumption is that Khuutra said that because he was Mafia and wanted to cause confusion among the town (even though he was dead and it's something he shouldn't have done.)

I'll post my other explanations soon cos I'm hungry.

In light of what you've already said here alone, rest assured that I'm very interested to hear what you say tomorrow.  Very interested indeed...