By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I just realized that Nintendo will stay in first place for a long time

Qays said:

"so basically, since you dont like wii fit, nobody can like it. since you dont like wii fit, anybody who does is a moron who doesnt know what quality is. is that what your trying to say?"

If someone were to walk up to you and insist that Twilight was the best modern literature has to offer, what would you say to him?

i would say i dont agree...im not gonna say that people who dont like literature only read twilight and that twilight is a shallow, worhtless read. nor am i gonna try to pass my opinion of twilight off as fact and try to convince everybody to think like me.

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:

Is still don't get why one would say that the Wii is a succes because they ''stayed Nintendo'', with games like Wii Fit and Wii Sports being such a succes witch they never hade in the past.

Besides you never know what the next gen will bring. Everyone thought Nintendo was going to dominate untill the Playstation came out.

Also a Wii 2 won't be a succes, just as a Gamecube 2 wouldn't have been. In other words Nintendo will have to innovate yet again to keep their momentum, and i don't see anything they could come up with that will have as much of a impact as motion controls?(and don't say glassless 3D, because that would mean Nintendo would have to start manufacture tv's...).

Wii Fit is the only new game. Nintendo has done sports for a long time. NES X became Mario X which later became Wii X. (X= 'Sports', Tennis, Baseball, Golf etc)

Why do people think the ball is in Nintendo's court next gen? Sony can't survive on the razor/bades model without selling 100M. How are they going to stop Wii2 from doing it? How many of Sony's new IPs have sold more than 5M?

Do people think the new generation are going to accept DLC and paying for online gaming when all of their favourite games never had it? Does nobody remember how 'loyal' a 2d Mario game or Mario Kart game can make a young child?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

mhsillen said:
Boutros said:
mhsillen said:
Qays said:

"The wii did go back to nintendos roots.  Games easy to pick up but with a degree of difficulty."

Wii Sports has a "degree of difficulty"? Wii Fit does? Wii Play? Because those are the Wii's killer apps, not games like Super Mario Galaxy or Twilight Princess.

Yes NSMB wii is harder than any FPS clone on the hd twins.  It has a degree of difficulty as does galaxy.

O.O

Super Mario Galaxy is the easiest Mario game I've played and NSMBWii is, overall, rather easy.

It's not like you've played all "FPS clone on the hd twins" anyways lol

it is a difficult game 

Which one are you talking about?

I think a lot of people still don’t understand what happened to make the Wii so successful ...

There has been a massive move on all consoles towards 4 player local game-play in a large part because of Nintendo’s efforts to make gaming more acceptable among the masses. Games like Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Wii Sports, New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Mario Kart have all sold amazingly well because they were 4 player games. A lot of the games which reviewers bashed were reviewed in a single player setting, and were actually quite enjoyable in a multiplayer setting, and sold well because word of mouth and firsthand experience with these games is far more important towards sales than reviews or marketing.

In my opinion, Microsoft and Sony would be doing better focusing on 1080p 6-player split screen on games like Mario Kart than they are by focusing on motion controls; especially if rumours are true and few of these motion controlled games will support more than 2 players.

Casual gamers aren't "dumb" they just have a very different play-style than most reviewers; and qualities that make a game review well do not make a casual game fun.

Rpruett said:
mhsillen said:
Boutros said:
mhsillen said:
Qays said:

"The wii did go back to nintendos roots.  Games easy to pick up but with a degree of difficulty."

Wii Sports has a "degree of difficulty"? Wii Fit does? Wii Play? Because those are the Wii's killer apps, not games like Super Mario Galaxy or Twilight Princess.

Yes NSMB wii is harder than any FPS clone on the hd twins.  It has a degree of difficulty as does galaxy.

O.O

Super Mario Galaxy is the easiest Mario game I've played and NSMBWii is, overall, rather easy.

it is a difficult game 

So is Kill Zone 2 (Especially so on harder difficulties).  And NSMB isn't nearly as hard as you are portraying. 

yes, that is what i'm saying

Around the Network
mhsillen said:
Rpruett said:
mhsillen said:
Boutros said:
mhsillen said:
Qays said:

O.O

it is a difficult game 

So is Kill Zone 2 (Especially so on harder difficulties).  And NSMB isn't nearly as hard as you are portraying. 

yes, that is what i'm sayin

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3330906

That explains it all.

RolStoppable said:
Boutros said:
mhsillen said:

yes, that is what i'm sayin

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3330906

That explains it all.

Oh my god, FPS must be ridiculously easy nowadays. Wouldn't surprise me though, with all that selfregenerating health and checkpoints being everywhere.

Oh don't worry, there's always a casual mode ;)

Oh I don't doubt their success with handhelds, but they had their fair share of not coming in first place the last few gens. Hell, even WW wasn't the Gamecube behind the original XBox? Though unless people get tired of motion controls I doubt they will be losing for awhile, so yeah a long time before the big N drops out of first.

It's just that simple.

Qays said:

What is that missing part?

Your missing part is trying to see videogames as a form of art... and they are not.

People don't see videogames as art, they rather see videogames as a form of entertainment. And that's because that's what videogames are about.

Videogames are not art.

You assume to much Rol.

Every gen is different anything can happen, wouldn't surprise me if the 3DS bombed and another handheld came and stole the handheld crown from Nintendo.

And I highly doubt Sony is going to do the same this this gen for next gen, as we all seen the first couple years of the PS3 was not the best launch for a video game console. Sony will likely go back to there roots like they did with the PSOne and PS2, come out with something affordable at launch with some cool new features and awesome games.

Microsoft is taking a complete different leap with Kinect, who knows maybe that'll be a hit and the X720 will be based completely off that.

Like I said every gen is different, anything can happen and you can't predict nothing.