By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite quote from a video game?

This is a simple thread.

You get one quote per post.

YOU GET ONE QUOTE PER POST.

If you post more than one ... I hate you.

Here's mine:

"Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you." -Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

Around the Network

Oh.. here's one

"Welcome to DIE!" -Magneto, X-Men the Arcade Game

Pixel Art can be fun.

"...I'm going to give you some time... some time to think and some time to evolve...and the day shall come when YOU will ...AWAKEN..."

Mitochondria Eve, Parasite Eve

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

War has changed. It’s no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. It’s an endless series of proxy battles fought by mercenaries and machines. War – and its consumption of life – has become a well-oiled machine. War has changed. ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons, use ID-tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored and kept under control. War has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control… All in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction. And he who controls the battlefield… controls history. War has changed. When the battlefield is under total control… War becomes routine.” Metal Gear Solid 4

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Attoyou said:

War has changed. It’s no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. It’s an endless series of proxy battles fought by mercenaries and machines. War – and its consumption of life – has become a well-oiled machine. War has changed. ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons, use ID-tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored and kept under control. War has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control… All in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction. And he who controls the battlefield… controls history. War has changed. When the battlefield is under total control… War becomes routine.” Metal Gear Solid 4

War. War never changes.

The Romans waged war to gather slaves and wealth. Spain built an empire from its lust for gold and territory. Hitler shaped a battered Germany into an economic superpower.

But war never changes.

In the 21st century, war was still waged over the resources that could be acquired. Only this time, the spoils of war were also its weapons: Petroleum and Uranium. For these resources, China would invadeAlaska, the US would annex Canada, and the European Commonwealth would dissolve into quarreling, bickering nation-states, bent on controlling the last remaining resources on Earth.

In 2077, the storm of world war had come again. In two brief hours, most of the planet was reduced to cinders. And from the ashes of nuclear devastation, a new civilization would struggle to arise.

A few were able to reach the relative safety of the large underground Vaults. Your family was part of that group that enteredVault Thirteen. Imprisoned safely behind the large Vault door, under a mountain of stone, a generation has lived without knowledge of the outside world.

Life in the Vault is about to change.

Fallout Intro

I always get confused. Does war change, or not?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Hmm... I want to say a few, so multiple posts may be incoming.

And I wont tell you the game, you will have to guess. Makes it funner that way

"It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!"

"I've got balls of steel"

- Duke Nukem

I LOVE ICELAND!

Carl2291 said:

Hmm... I want to say a few, so multiple posts may be incoming.

And I wont tell you the game, you will have to guess. Makes it funner that way

"It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!"

Suikoden II FTW

Current PC Build

"Thank you Mario! But our princess is in another castle!"

"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

"A woodchuck would chuck no amount of wood since a woodchuck can’t chuck wood."

"But if a woodchuck could chuck and would chuck some amount of wood, what amount of wood would a woodchuck chuck?"

"Even if a woodchuck could chuck wood and even if a woodchuck would chuck wood, should a woodchuck chuck wood?"

"A woodchuck should chuck wood if a woodchuck could chuck wood, as long as a woodchuck would chuck wood."

"Oh shut up."