By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Metroid Other M Thread

My Prediction: 

First Week: 480,000

13 Weeks: 1,320,000

Lifetime: 2,450,000

Metroid: Other M seems to be well advertised, so could in fact surpass Metroid Prime's sales. Fingers crossed it becomes the best selling in the franchise.

Around the Network

Wow. That boxart is amazing. I think I'm just gonna print this one to replace the NA one (like I did with Sin and Punishment).

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Sweet mother of freaking God, Marian Jozeph, angels in heaven have bloody mercy on my soul that is one awesome box art you found there, TC! So simple yet full of life.

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Great thread, already preordered and just cost me $30  =D

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Heres something I Knew about a long time ago but I thought I'd share it with yall

Its not related to Other M but is still Metroid.This is a speech apparently found in the original iso of Metroid Prime that explain the story of the first Metroid.       >

Some people says this is real, others say that it was fake. But to me, it really sounds like Jennifer Hale (Samus' Voice Actress in the Prime series) and the speech is somewhat similar to the one in Brawl.Still its funny to hear Samus talkin about herself in the third person.

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Khuutra said:

That is kinda classy. Any word on if it's real?

That box art is horrible.

Your opinion is horrible.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

^ The important thing about that speech is that if it was real, they cut it ;)

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

twistedcellz said:

Heres something I Knew about a long time ago but I thought I'd share it with yall

Its not related to Other M but is still Metroid.This is a speech apparently found in the original iso of Metroid Prime that explain the story of the first Metroid.      

>

Some people says this is real, others say that it was fake. But to me, it really sounds like Jennifer Hale (Samus' Voice Actress in the Prime series) and the speech is somewhat similar to the one in Brawl.Still its funny to hear Samus talkin about herself in the third person.

The only problem with that speech, though it does definitely sound like Jennifer Hale, is that it claims that Tallon IV was already under suspicion as a Space Pirate colony, whereas the beginning of Prime states that she went there intercepting a distress signal (from the crippled Frigate Orpheon, no doubt), and that the only reason she even went down to Tallon IV was to pursue Meta Ridley

Perhaps it comes from a rather early point in development, when the finer points of story hadn't been smoothed out. Great find anyway. Keep it up :)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

twistedcellz said:

@ TripleMMM and others who might have problem seein the Nice JP Box Art 

And here is a Link: http://www.vooks.net/images/red_metroidotherm.jpg

Wow, that artwork is impeccable. Clean, stylish, and immediately communicative of the purported focus on Samus' character.

Exited is what I am.

Thanks to MysticWolf, we now have that Japanese Nintendo Channel Other M interview footage with English subtitles!

Read on:

And a tiny bit of original behind-the-scenes footage:

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.