By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Metroid Other M Thread

I really can't say that I'm hyped for this game, not in the traditional sense of "Oh wow it's a new game in one of Nintendo's mainline franchises! Awesome!". I dunno, *looks at the thread* probably because most of the discussion on this game has nothing to do with what interests me in video games.

Still, I'll be getting this game, with little to no expectations. Heck, I'm really not sure on what to expect anyways, which is actually pretty refreshing. I really haven't bothered to watch any videos, which from the look of things, seems appropriate as the game is heavy* on story and cutscenes.

So... yeah. Metroid Other M. Out August 31, seven days after my birthday (I believe that Mr. Khan's B-Day is somewhere around there too. ). I hope I'll have fun with it.

*For a Nintendo title.

Around the Network

New video, brought to us by AlfredoFroylan from the Japanese Nintendo Channel.

Hopefully Metroid Database will translate this one, too. I could catch a bit of it as just meaningless jabber (like "look out!"), but the actual conversations went by a bit quick for my nascent Japanese to follow.

I think i saw the Wave Beam in there, though.

But i must say i'm not entirely pleased to see those multiple scenes where she's working together with the Federation troops. I kinda figured they'd just be there at the beginning, then disperse as the game progressed, and you might run into a few of them here and there, but not the whole group again :/

I think i'll add this video to the OP, too, since it gives the names of all the Federation Troops.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Hi ,

I just wanted to submit this video some guys did for my band a couple years back as i thought nintendo fans should find it funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEb0WNgPY7Q
There`s a bit about the band which disbanded in 2005 in the link
http://www.last.fm/music/Saint Dragon

cheers
Paul

Huh, forgot to add that video to the OP.

But more important news is to be had. Advertising has begun. I acquired MAD Magazine today (i stopped subscribing to them because they were sending issues only sporadically, but that scattered bookkeeping means that i still get issues even if i'm not paying them)

Anyway, this is what i found:

Awesome!

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network

this game is gonna be awesome!!!!!!!

Just found a trio of new videos, as well as an Iwata-Asks (currently Japanese-only), all through GoNintendo.

First, a GameTrailers breakdown of the recent Japanese Nintendo Channel movie

Then a short (and sadly low-quality) video that demonstrates a lot of finishing blows

Third is a little odd, as some sections are missing sound and the very end is a repeat of the beginning, but the stuff in the middle is invaluable. Look for that shot of a desert canyon section. Gorgeous!

Anyone who wants to try, here's Iwata Asks

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/interview/r3oj/vol1/index.html

If it weren't for the damnable Kanji, i could probably take a crack at it

Wow, I sense some morality going on here...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

So I got my newest issue of Nintendo Power this week and it came packaged with this sweet Other M poster!

The cover is on one side while the roundhouse kick scene is on the other. Definitely choosing the Roundhouse kick side.

Smeags said:

So I got my newest issue of Nintendo Power this week and it came packaged with this sweet Other M poster!

The cover is on one side while the roundhouse kick scene is on the other. Definitely choosing the Roundhouse kick side.

How big is the poster, about? I've been looking for a replacement that i could put up in my new room at the Washington Internship when i get there...