By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamers like remakes, get OVER IT

I WANT FINAL FANTASY V REMAKE NOW

Around the Network
dobby985 said:

A lot of remakes are pointless as are sequels to really old games. What is the point?

The same as making entirely new games. Developers hope they sell well and people who are playing them apparently enjoy them.

Deus Ex - Give it the graphical sheen it never had at launch

Lords Of Chaos - A old school classic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lords_of_Chaos_(video_game)#Critical_reaction

Head over Heels - Would love an XBLA version

I personally want to see really old games remade rather than modern classics, it's not milking then imo.

Aion said:
MrT-Tar said:
Aion said:

Yeah there good now only if we had a FF or Halo: CE Remake or even Fallout & Fallout 2.

I take it that 'FF' means Final Fantasy

What rock have you exactly been living under?  Final Fantasy I and II have been remade several times and III and IV have been remade for the DS.

On topic, I love remakes especially if they are 're-imagings' (like Silent Memories) or  are of games never released over here before (such as Dragon  Quest IV and V)

I thought it would be obvious i meant FF VII without saying FF VII.

Ahh understood, 

tbh I'm kind of expecting a FFVII remake for the 3DS or possibly the PSP2

A lot of hard work went into the writing of that OP. 

Seriously though, it's true.  Give me a new Earthworm Jim and I'd be happy. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Oh... and if they made a GoldenEye 007 remake I'd buy that too.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

where the hell are the RARE re-makes damnit!!!!!!!

amp316 said:

Oh... and if they made a GoldenEye 007 remake I'd buy that too.

Never happen.  That's about as likely as Nintendo revealing:

a) a new Kid Icarus

b) Project Sora

c) that they are, in fact, the same game.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

was expecting a more elaborate post(though I shouldn't be complaining)

well I think remakes are a good idea for  both the consumers and producers, the game should be a little less costless and less time consuming since ther story, character character designs, ect are already there(well...taking in S-E's comments regarding a FFVII remake, this can be debated) and could make a good profit off of it(Sony probably made some good money of of the GoW collection set) 

and the consumer gets to relive those good gaming memories