By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamers like remakes, get OVER IT

The nostalgia factor is huge. I just don't want these remakes to become reminiscent of the summer movie scene for the past 5 years where we see movies with endless sequels worse than the original and remakes that have everyone thinking "why in the phuck are they remaking a bad movie from the 1980s?"

I can see Nintendo going down a path with remakes where it is the same game with updated graphics, thus getting skewered by video game reviewers and consumers like myself who expect an annually hailed "creative powerhouse" such as Nintendo to put something innovative in their remakes.

It is is easy to draw and square and redraw it as Nintendo appears to be doing with Donkey Kong Country Returns. However, there will be a point where gamers will expect a few jagged edges and more of an octagon shape if this whole "remake to take the nostalgia to the bank" things hits a fever pitch in the next couple years.

Around the Network

i want ff6 =P

Says you.  I don't know a single gamer who'd buy Tomb Raider Anniversary, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Metal Gear Solid the Twin Snakes, Resident Evil Gamecube, Final Fantasy Tactics:  War of the Lions, Super Mario All Stars (or the Gameboy Advance versions of those games),or Super Street Fighter II HD Remix............

^^^Nobody would buy Super Mario 64 DS, either!

d21lewis said:

^^^Nobody would buy Super Mario 64 DS, either!

and Im sure Ocarina Of Time 3D and Star Fox 3D will fail hard

Around the Network

A lot of remakes are pointless as are sequels to really old games. What is the point?

I only want remakes as long as they are offering something pretty improved (most of the time just graphically) and as long as I have not played the original or just slightly. Otherwise, I stick to the re-imagining thing.
Oh, and though I love enjoying new games of my beloved ips, I do also feel the urge to experience new gaming experiences all the time.

MrT-Tar said:
Aion said:

Yeah there good now only if we had a FF or Halo: CE Remake or even Fallout & Fallout 2.

I take it that 'FF' means Final Fantasy

What rock have you exactly been living under?  Final Fantasy I and II have been remade several times and III and IV have been remade for the DS.

On topic, I love remakes especially if they are 're-imagings' (like Silent Memories) or  are of games never released over here before (such as Dragon  Quest IV and V)

I thought it would be obvious i meant FF VII without saying FF VII.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

I like spin-offs as well, please don't hate me.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

There are a lot more FF games not named VII than there are VII.