By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Next Round of Price Cuts

X360 and PS3 I beleive will drop right before GTA4.

Arcade $249.99
Pro $299.99
Elite $399.99

40GB $349.99
80GB $449.99

The Wii is unpredictable at this point. If Nintendo was smart they would milk the sales at 250 as long as possible.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
Wojtas said:
Just_Ben said:
Something I might add: The next price round could be bigger in CA, Europe, Japan then the US: The dollar is falling, pretty fast and pretty hard, and it has been falling since month.

These things get produced in China, and there currency is more or less binded to Dollars. If the Dollar keeps falling like it is now, I would guess the prices in Europe will fall across the board pretty soon.
About Europe, it won't happen the way you think actually. The reason is that the games and consoles we get aren't sold to retailers based on the rate of the dollar. If it were, 60$ games from the US would cost me 150 zloty in Poland, yet they cost 250 or maybe sometimes more. Companies like Nintendo, MS and Sony have traffic prices for most parts of the world, based on how much people earn, and what price is considered to be acceptable. That's why there is such a difference in pricing all around the world. Of course the other option is that companies want to milk some countries which have money to spare. All in all, only wii games have become quite reasonable in terms of pricing. A new 50$ Wii game costs in Poland some 70$, which would be below 200 zl, and that's the price that seems good, not great, but good actually.

If the dollar keeps falling, the things get cheaper in Europe. Also consoles. Thats just the way it is. The price difference between europe and US isn't that big if you calculate with an old dollar price.