By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales (7/8)

GodOfWar_3ever said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Looks like WKC2 is gonna fall short of WKC1's sales.

Eh? why do you think that?

WKC2 sold 200K plus first week. Don't think this is gonna reach that.

Fingers crossed bro :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

Are those 12 titles in the image new games? If so can you say what they are and their numbers as well?

and great start for WKC

Yes, they are all new games. I can't read Japanese but I understand two more titles.

[PS3] Dead to Rights: Retribution (Bandai Namco) ----- 1,515 (16.1%)

[360] Dead to Rights: Retribution (Bandai Namco) ----- 646 (17.2%)

[NDS] Toy Story 3 (Disney Interactive) ----- 853 (7.5%)

Bruno Muñoz said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Are those 12 titles in the image new games? If so can you say what they are and their numbers as well?

and great start for WKC

Yes, they are all new games. I can't read Japanese but I understand two more titles.

[PS3] Dead to Rights: Retribution (Bandai Namco) ----- 1,515 (16.1%)

[360] Dead to Rights: Retribution (Bandai Namco) ----- 646 (17.2%)

[NDS] Toy Story 3 (Disney Interactive) ----- 853 (7.5%)

oh cool thanks for that :)

and lol DTR is flopping hard..I played the first and I never had high expectations for the sequel but daymn

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

WKC's first day sales were 130k.

So yeah it won't sale as much but it might have more legs than the first since it seems like a much better game.

WKC2 is a sequel - it should be more front loaded than the original - and day one is still lower. Might only do 130k or so week one, certainly not 200k.

I don't think it will push PS3 either. Sequels usually don't. However, PS3 has open pricing this week on older models so it should go up a fair bit from that. DS Lite saw a good 30% increase from open pricing a few weeks ago.

Wii will probably up as well on Wii Party and then up a bit more the following week with DQM.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network
TheSource said:

WKC2 is a sequel - it should be more front loaded than the original - and day one is still lower. Might only do 130k or so week one, certainly not 200k.

I don't think it will push PS3 either. Sequels usually don't. However, PS3 has open pricing this week on older models so it should go up a fair bit from that. DS Lite saw a good 30% increase from open pricing a few weeks ago.

Wii will probably up as well on Wii Party and then up a bit more the following week with DQM.

Oh Wii should be above 30K with DQM but the real boost comes when DQX is relased, I can see wii over 80K when that's out, Kirby's epic yarn shall do some boosting also.I'm guessing about 125,000 first week for Wii party.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

TheSource said:

Doubtful since it already has Swords.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

But Swords was 3 years ago, expect a healthy lift. And Wii party should do 150k FW which aint too shabby

TheSource said:

People disliked WKC. That's the reason why the sequel won't sell as much.

andremop said:

I don't know why but i don't think Wii party is going to be a monster hit. Just a mega hit, selling something like 7-10 millions.

And btw... there are 3 wii party games on that list, what does that mean? If we add those the final number is 66k

Well I suppose that l depend on if people see it as a sequel to Mario Party 8, and the comparative selling power of both brands. I think 7 million is a touch optimistic, but the Wii brand has a lot of push currently. I am going to say a more "modest" 5 million or so, but I could also see it exploding depending on exactly what changes have been made to the base * Party game.

It just means they had bundles for the game, or some other form of limited edition. Best to work from the combined total in guessing at future sales. A modest 130kish opening is likely, but man do Wii * games have legs. Interesting to see WKC2 open lower than the original. I wonder which system will sell more this week. The two games will have similar openings, and both are sequels although there is a the potential that Wii Party won't be seen as a Mario Party sequel, and the two games did have a longer time apart.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229