By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales (7/8)

Looks like Wii Party will have an opening more in line with  Wii Music in Japan, than Wii Sports Resort or Wii Fit/Plus. Although Wii Music was releasing during a holiday period, so I'd expet better/longer legs for Wii Party at least through the Holidays. Still a total of around 1 million seems more likely right now thn the 2 million of the other games in the series excluding Wii Music.

Around the Network

White Knight will have a lower opening, true,but it still has a shot at 300k LT... thats not bad for a sequel, mainly because dev cost should be lower this time around

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Paul predicts the outcome of....

Sengoku Basara 3 PS3 Vs Sengoku Basara 3 Wii!

bluthunder said:

Paul predicts the outcome of....

Sengoku Basara 3 PS3 Vs Sengoku Basara 3 Wii!

lol

Oh noes Nintendo will send death threat to that poor Paul :(

TheSource said:

WKC2 is a sequel - it should be more front loaded than the original - and day one is still lower. Might only do 130k or so week one, certainly not 200k.

I don't think it will push PS3 either. Sequels usually don't. However, PS3 has open pricing this week on older models so it should go up a fair bit from that. DS Lite saw a good 30% increase from open pricing a few weeks ago.

Wii will probably up as well on Wii Party and then up a bit more the following week with DQM.

130K first week that's seems kinda low don't you think? Only a 22k increase?

160K-180K for me.

Around the Network
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Looks like WKC2 is gonna fall short of WKC1's sales.

wkc1 was POS so gud. unless wkc2 was much bettr.

AkibaFan said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Looks like WKC2 is gonna fall short of WKC1's sales.

wkc1 was POS so gud. unless wkc2 was much bettr.

WKC2 is supposed to be much better.

a 5k boost for ps3 is likely to happen

I'm expecting 11million sales for Wii Party, if hyped and advertised correctly over here in Europe I can imagine the epic number of sales it will get.