By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas (and Worldwide) up ! 3rd July

DarkisWR said:

I'll start at the bottom and work up.

One thing you should understand don't try to peg me as casual...I'm far from it.

"Most hardcore gamers look for that deeper experience where the patience in playing that games gives greater rewards."

Disagree..with what your saying*and from your game tatse so far stated* only games like fallout and RPGs can be hardcore n played by hardcore.

"And yes, I did say "western cultural climate."  As a general statement, most westerns are knee-jerked, superficial, short attention spanned, and looking for that instant gratification."

Being on a sales chart site I'm sorta appalled at a comment like this. Go look at games you consider hardcore...and compare those sales to say japan/eu.

And if your gonna tote the jrpg thing then...well...fug you got me there*so few of us in the west sigh...*

"I did say that it was a double edged sword.  And it's not just about being niche.  I said "...the masses are catered to more and more while that unique expereince is getting harder and harder to find."

Hmmm...I mustve missed that but can not find fualt in that..*guess I misunderstood a few things you ment*

Guess I'll ask you just what casual means to you cuz I'm getting the point that we have slightly differnt takes on it.

*lol man this looks like a massive wall of text n quotes*

Hey, some things we are not going to agree on.  It's just the way it is, and that's cool.  Let me just quote my original post which really reflects how I feel while mentioning some games as examples.  This some give you some idea of when I'm coming from.  So to avoid getting into the needless schematics just take what I have to quote, and however you take it... whatever, man.

"While I'm enjoying Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Fire Emblem, Trauma Team, Super Mario Galaxy, and Metroid Prime 3, most people I know who has a Wii are playing Wii Fit, Wii Sports, and Wii Play.  Nothing wrong with that because I respect all forms of gaming.  But most of the Wii owners I know cannot wrap their heads around the concept of a survival horror game or upgrading your troops to deploy them on a gridlike battlefield.

And then you have the typical shooters such as COD and Halo.  And I'm not bashing shooters here because all gamers like to shoot and blow stuff up.  But when all you want to do is shoot and blow things up, you are either a gamer that prefers to play shooters or shooting is all you really want to/can understand.  I tend to come across the later who are not gving games like Beautiful Katamari, Mass Effect, and Lost Odyssey a fair shake.

This seems to be the going trend with games being catered to the masses while games that normally cater to the hardcore gets shoved aside like second class citizens.  It's only the hardcore gamers that I know recognize gems such as Heavy Rain, Little Big Planet, and inFAMOUS and some of the other titles I mentioned above such as Lost Odyssey and Fire Emblem.  The current growth in console gaming has releaved its double-edged sword: When the masses speak, the rest of us are endangered."

Label these games however you want.  Whether it's understood or not, there really is no need to justify anything else.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:

Sales getting close to the way I like them... Wii>360>PS3. Should takes a couple more weeks.

Wii still needs Donkey Kong Country.. Other M is going to do little if anything to boost hardware, except maybe a bit in America.

Wow...  As much as I've enjoyed Nintendo being on top, it still didn't bother me when they trailed the PS2 and Xbox last gen.  SONY hater maybe...?

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Jordahn said:
Metallicube said:

Sales getting close to the way I like them... Wii>360>PS3. Should takes a couple more weeks.

Wii still needs Donkey Kong Country.. Other M is going to do little if anything to boost hardware, except maybe a bit in America.

Wow...  As much as I've enjoyed Nintendo being on top, it still didn't bother me when they trailed the PS2 and Xbox last gen.  SONY hater maybe...?

No no.. not a Sony hater, just not the biggest PS3 fan you will meet. I don't really care if Nintendo trails Sony. I stuck with them during the Gamecube days after all.

Its great to see 360 back on top, I Was a little worried for a minute

Lyrikalstylez said:

Its great to see 360 back on top, I Was a little worried for a minute

Some predicted it would never top the PS3 again.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Makaha said:

the 360 slim sold 7k hardware in Japan

that's terrible!!

MS should just give up in Japan already, it's not worth it over there.

Just focus on NA and Others regions, instead of Japan

The PS3 slim sold 150k in the first week in Japan alone, when it released....

Of course the PS3 slim had a price cut at the same time though.....

If it's making even a slight profit... Then it's worth it

Not always.

Time is the importaint resource. You can make more money. You can not make more time. Now, typically, under Managerial Accounting, you keep a product line so long as they contribute enough to the fixed cost where you'd lose more money if yuo discontinue it. However, for big companies, they demand higher margins and profits to keep going.Microsoft's investors are upset now because they are focusing on a game console with low margins when they should focus on Windows with a very high margin. In this case, investors want Microsoft to focus more on where they can make the most money. Even if the XBox line is profitable, they want to leave the lower margins behind and focus on the better profit capabilities of Windows (although, Window's probably contributes more to the fixed cost anyway since it has like a 70% margin).

great xbox 360 number,  MS doing a great job,

and i believe the kinect will be a success too.

it is just funny to see, the hate towards kinect.