By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas (and Worldwide) up ! 3rd July

DarkisWR said:
Jordahn said:
LordMatrix said:
Reach said:
BenVTrigger said:

i hear on N4G that Reach special edition is in the works...dont know if its true but probably is...

GameStop dude , please tell me that u are not serious when u are saying that kinect is having massive pre orders :/ this is bad...

no I'm not kidding at all.  Honestly though we are seeing very few core gamers pre-ordering Kinect so far, its leaning almost entirely to the casual or female markets.  In fact I would say 90% of its sales are going to that market.  Lots of parents picking them up for youger kids.  Also our number 1 pre-ordered Kinect game is Kinectimls.  Not sure how the rest of the country is fairing, my numbers are based off of one state so things could be different in other markets mind you. 

Videogames are lost then... Kinectimals... what a shame... Well im seeing that kinect will be a sucess and Microsoft will probably go Next Gen with kinect in mind wich isnt very good...

Nothing is lost! The majority of the interest is with children and female gamers right now and having games that cater to everyone is not a bad thing. Sometimes we core gamers need to step back and realize we aren`t the only ones that play games nor is it just 18-32 year old adult males either.

I step back to see that the hardcore is loosing ground to the casuals.  Face it, it's a growing trend.

How so?

Have you not seen how many AAA hardcore games have come out so far this year and how many are coming out during the rest?

So some casual blood and violence free games come out and its the end of the world...0.o

First of all "AAA" is relative, and even if a game is "AAA" doesn't mean it appeals to every hardcore gamer.  Now, do I claim Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn a "AAA" game.  No, but I prefer it over, let's say, MGS4 which is arguably a "AAA" game.  And as a hardcore gamer, I will not be swayed to a game just because it's "AAA."  That's casual talk, casual thinking.  I look deep into a game to decided whether I want to play it or not.  Most casuals do not do this.  They usually go with what's most familiar to them in real life.  As this userbase grows, more games and resources will be allocated to them, overshadowing titles such as Siren, Bue Dragon, and Folkore.  We don't often see unique titles like this because they are too risky in our current economical and western cultural climate.  So less risks are being taken with developing these games.  Compare the successes of Bioshock to Halo.  And IMO, Bioshock rocks while Halo sucks.  What do the masses mainly go for?  Halo, obviously because it's far more familiar.  And I prefer Alan Wake over Halo anyday regardless of the rankings.  Guess which franchise Microsoft will push more?  Go figure.  Anyone who has been keeping up cannot deny that the masses are catered to more and more while that unique expereince is getting harder and harder to find.  Yes, gaming is expanding as Nightsurge pointed out.  But as I said, there is a negative side to it that effects the hardcore.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network
Seece said:

Why are people saying the 360 bump didn't last long, it was outselling PS3 all the way up to September last year ...

in that time 360 only out sold ps3 WW by only 300k and the ps3 was $400 compared to cheapest 360 at $200 in comparison to what the PS3 just did it has outsold 360 by over a mill and only need from jan to june to do it i  think the PS3 did the same to 360 in the first 8 months in 08 too about mill of outselling when priced at $400 compared to 360s $280 and $349 Pros

Play Me

the 360 is just a beast!

End of 2010 Predictions

Microsoft-45.4M

Nintendo-75.6M

Sony-40.2M

(Made on 6-10-2010)

BHR-3 said:
BenVTrigger said:
BHR-3 said:
BenVTrigger said:
BHR-3 said:

360 will be down in the 90-100k range next week in NA then tumble down to 60-70k by august

Wii Will take top spot WW next week

alot of people saying the stock is low for 360 250gb so what does that mean most of those slaes are $149 $249 arcades elites in some cases both skus coming with 2 free games? or the super elites that come with a AAA game for $299?

MS should of released 360 250gb in sept-nov thats when its going to need it and releasing early like they just did is going to be there downfall sales wise against PS3 for the holidays

This post is fail on so many levels. 

1st.  Yes actually the old models of Elites and Arcades are selling like wildfire so that contributes to the numbers.

2nd.  What also is selling is the 360S and I'm telling you straight up if it wasn't for supply issues we would be seeing even BIGGER weeks than what we are right now for 360 sales. 

3rd.  You expect the Slim launch in Others to be small?  Uk alone will buy the heck out of it. 

once old stock is done it will only be a $300 360 with no games bundled on the market dont expect the same sales when that is the situation in a few more weeks the sales are unimpressive for 360 PS3 was able to achieve similar sales with only a $300 ps3 slim along side a 80gb that was dropped down to $300 no $149 $249 and in some cases $99 skus that come with 2 games that have been sitting on shelves since last Dec

"I'm telling you straight up if it wasn't for supply issues we would be seeing even BIGGER weeks"

here we go again with words like if and butts thats like me saying if ps3 was in stock from jan-may this year it would of passed 360 WW by now

i dont expect nothing to be small but by the time holidays come the 360 250gb sales impact wont be as big as it is now b/c most that want it bought it during the summer and there wont be any older skus on the market to help boost sales

to bad for you 360 250gb does launch in EU for next weeks data so its possible wii can beat it WW so watch when you call someones post fail next time b/c its you whos failing

dude your behind the times then if thats what you think.  We already have a confirmed arcade version of the slim on the way for holidays at a $199 price point so............yeah

we also did last year and who outsold who then?

There was an Arcade version of the 360S Slim last year?  I sure didn't notice any.

BHR-3 said:
Seece said:

Why are people saying the 360 bump didn't last long, it was outselling PS3 all the way up to September last year ...

in that time 360 only out sold ps3 WW by only 300k and the ps3 was $400 compared to cheapest 360 at $200 in comparison to what the PS3 just did it has outsold 360 by over a mill and only need from jan to june to do it i  think the PS3 did the same to 360 in the first 8 months in 08 too about mill of outselling when priced at $400 compared to 360s $280 and $349 Pros

You're kidding me, right?  The 360 during that time following the price cut extended the lead from ~5.5 million to ~8 million.  That seems to be a bit more than 300k to me...

Around the Network

if numbers can stay like this for the rest of the year...

nightsurge said:
BHR-3 said:
BenVTrigger said:
BHR-3 said:
BenVTrigger said:
BHR-3 said:

360 will be down in the 90-100k range next week in NA then tumble down to 60-70k by august

Wii Will take top spot WW next week

alot of people saying the stock is low for 360 250gb so what does that mean most of those slaes are $149 $249 arcades elites in some cases both skus coming with 2 free games? or the super elites that come with a AAA game for $299?

MS should of released 360 250gb in sept-nov thats when its going to need it and releasing early like they just did is going to be there downfall sales wise against PS3 for the holidays

This post is fail on so many levels. 

1st.  Yes actually the old models of Elites and Arcades are selling like wildfire so that contributes to the numbers.

2nd.  What also is selling is the 360S and I'm telling you straight up if it wasn't for supply issues we would be seeing even BIGGER weeks than what we are right now for 360 sales. 

3rd.  You expect the Slim launch in Others to be small?  Uk alone will buy the heck out of it. 

once old stock is done it will only be a $300 360 with no games bundled on the market dont expect the same sales when that is the situation in a few more weeks the sales are unimpressive for 360 PS3 was able to achieve similar sales with only a $300 ps3 slim along side a 80gb that was dropped down to $300 no $149 $249 and in some cases $99 skus that come with 2 games that have been sitting on shelves since last Dec

"I'm telling you straight up if it wasn't for supply issues we would be seeing even BIGGER weeks"

here we go again with words like if and butts thats like me saying if ps3 was in stock from jan-may this year it would of passed 360 WW by now

i dont expect nothing to be small but by the time holidays come the 360 250gb sales impact wont be as big as it is now b/c most that want it bought it during the summer and there wont be any older skus on the market to help boost sales

to bad for you 360 250gb does launch in EU for next weeks data so its possible wii can beat it WW so watch when you call someones post fail next time b/c its you whos failing

dude your behind the times then if thats what you think.  We already have a confirmed arcade version of the slim on the way for holidays at a $199 price point so............yeah

we also did last year and who outsold who then?

There was an Arcade version of the 360S Slim last year?  I sure didn't notice any.

mass costumer is going to see $199 360 and $299 PS3 that includes blu ray and free online that what they saw last year and PS3 won 360 having wifi, touch sensitive buttons and being a bit smaller (but not smaller or lighter than the PS3) is not going to make much difference

Play Me

nightsurge said:
BHR-3 said:
Seece said:

You're kidding me, right?  The 360 during that time following the price cut extended the lead from ~5.5 million to ~8 million.  That seems to be a bit more than 300k to me...

from jan 09 till sep 09 it was about 300k the argument was that 360 price cuts sales dont last as long as ps3s i think the data proves that since ps3 can outsell 360 by a good margin many months after a price cut

Play Me

360 is at the same price as Ps3 right now...

Reach said:

But how long will Microsoft keep making those ?? Reach is coming and Bungie is Leaving... Gears 3 is the end of the trilogy and i dont know if there will be any Fable 4 ... Forza Motorsport yes it will keep going ,,, Kingdoms will probably be huge game but if dont sell Microosft will shut it... i dont even know if we will ever see Alan Wake 2 , Kameo 2 or a new PD... Probably Ruffian Games are going to made Natal Games along with RaRe and BiGPArk... well i may be wrong but if Kinect sells alot Microsoft will want Tons of games for it... So Kinect Music , Kinect ... u know...

Up until now this gen MS and Sony fought for hardcores while Nintendo thrived on casuals. From now on MS and Nintendo will fight for casuals, while Sony had this unexpected twist, aiming its motion controls at hardcores too... What will happen?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!