By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas (and Worldwide) up ! 3rd July

How many consecutive weeks can 360 stay above the Wii? 

Could 360 win a whole month away from PS3 and the Wii in world wide sales?

When has a console beat the Wii for a full month in world wide sales?

Around the Network
LordMatrix said:
Reach said:
BenVTrigger said:

i hear on N4G that Reach special edition is in the works...dont know if its true but probably is...

GameStop dude , please tell me that u are not serious when u are saying that kinect is having massive pre orders :/ this is bad...

no I'm not kidding at all.  Honestly though we are seeing very few core gamers pre-ordering Kinect so far, its leaning almost entirely to the casual or female markets.  In fact I would say 90% of its sales are going to that market.  Lots of parents picking them up for youger kids.  Also our number 1 pre-ordered Kinect game is Kinectimls.  Not sure how the rest of the country is fairing, my numbers are based off of one state so things could be different in other markets mind you. 

Videogames are lost then... Kinectimals... what a shame... Well im seeing that kinect will be a sucess and Microsoft will probably go Next Gen with kinect in mind wich isnt very good...

Nothing is lost! The majority of the interest is with children and female gamers right now and having games that cater to everyone is not a bad thing. Sometimes we core gamers need to step back and realize we aren`t the only ones that play games nor is it just 18-32 year old adult males either.

I step back to see that the hardcore is loosing ground to the casuals.  Face it, it's a growing trend.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Jordahn said:
LordMatrix said:
Reach said:
BenVTrigger said:

i hear on N4G that Reach special edition is in the works...dont know if its true but probably is...

GameStop dude , please tell me that u are not serious when u are saying that kinect is having massive pre orders :/ this is bad...

no I'm not kidding at all.  Honestly though we are seeing very few core gamers pre-ordering Kinect so far, its leaning almost entirely to the casual or female markets.  In fact I would say 90% of its sales are going to that market.  Lots of parents picking them up for youger kids.  Also our number 1 pre-ordered Kinect game is Kinectimls.  Not sure how the rest of the country is fairing, my numbers are based off of one state so things could be different in other markets mind you. 

Videogames are lost then... Kinectimals... what a shame... Well im seeing that kinect will be a sucess and Microsoft will probably go Next Gen with kinect in mind wich isnt very good...

Nothing is lost! The majority of the interest is with children and female gamers right now and having games that cater to everyone is not a bad thing. Sometimes we core gamers need to step back and realize we aren`t the only ones that play games nor is it just 18-32 year old adult males either.

I step back to see that the hardcore is loosing ground to the casuals.  Face it, it's a growing trend.

How so?

Have you not seen how many AAA hardcore games have come out so far this year and how many are coming out during the rest?

So some casual blood and violence free games come out and its the end of the world...0.o

Jordahn said:
LordMatrix said:
Reach said:
BenVTrigger said:

No, the ground isn't being lost.  It's expanding.  Just because the Europeans expanded and eventually created something different (the USA), didn't make Europe go away did it?

Just as the gaming market expanding to meet larger markets won't make the core markets disappear.  New studios and project teams will be created to cater to both segments.

KillerMan said:

Great HW numbers for X360 but I also noticed that even with this massive slim boost PS3 has actually sold more software every week after X360 Slim. This leads to conclusion that pretty many are just upgrading from original to slim. Wii and DS are doing awesome compared to others but not so much compared to last year. PSP needs that price cut and fast....

When the PS3 slim launched its software sales lagged behind hardware sales too.  The real effect of the 360 redesign on software sales won't be noticeable/apparent until several months from now...

Around the Network

How do I start a thread?

De85 said:
KillerMan said:

Great HW numbers for X360 but I also noticed that even with this massive slim boost PS3 has actually sold more software every week after X360 Slim. This leads to conclusion that pretty many are just upgrading from original to slim. Wii and DS are doing awesome compared to others but not so much compared to last year. PSP needs that price cut and fast....

When the PS3 slim launched its software sales lagged behind hardware sales too.  The real effect of the 360 redesign on software sales won't be noticeable/apparent until several months from now...

This is true.  Especially since new 360S's don't come bundled with any games anymore.

BenVTrigger said:
BHR-3 said:
BenVTrigger said:
BHR-3 said:

360 will be down in the 90-100k range next week in NA then tumble down to 60-70k by august

Wii Will take top spot WW next week

alot of people saying the stock is low for 360 250gb so what does that mean most of those slaes are $149 $249 arcades elites in some cases both skus coming with 2 free games? or the super elites that come with a AAA game for $299?

MS should of released 360 250gb in sept-nov thats when its going to need it and releasing early like they just did is going to be there downfall sales wise against PS3 for the holidays

This post is fail on so many levels. 

1st.  Yes actually the old models of Elites and Arcades are selling like wildfire so that contributes to the numbers.

2nd.  What also is selling is the 360S and I'm telling you straight up if it wasn't for supply issues we would be seeing even BIGGER weeks than what we are right now for 360 sales. 

3rd.  You expect the Slim launch in Others to be small?  Uk alone will buy the heck out of it. 

once old stock is done it will only be a $300 360 with no games bundled on the market dont expect the same sales when that is the situation in a few more weeks the sales are unimpressive for 360 PS3 was able to achieve similar sales with only a $300 ps3 slim along side a 80gb that was dropped down to $300 no $149 $249 and in some cases $99 skus that come with 2 games that have been sitting on shelves since last Dec

"I'm telling you straight up if it wasn't for supply issues we would be seeing even BIGGER weeks"

here we go again with words like if and butts thats like me saying if ps3 was in stock from jan-may this year it would of passed 360 WW by now

i dont expect nothing to be small but by the time holidays come the 360 250gb sales impact wont be as big as it is now b/c most that want it bought it during the summer and there wont be any older skus on the market to help boost sales

to bad for you 360 250gb does launch in EU for next weeks data so its possible wii can beat it WW so watch when you call someones post fail next time b/c its you whos failing

dude your behind the times then if thats what you think.  We already have a confirmed arcade version of the slim on the way for holidays at a $199 price point so............yeah

we also did last year and who outsold who then?

Play Me

kowenicki said:
BHR-3 said:

360 will be down in the 90-100k range next week in NA then tumble down to 60-70k by august

Wii Will take top spot WW next week

alot of people saying the stock is low for 360 250gb so what does that mean most of those slaes are $149 $249 arcades elites in some cases both skus coming with 2 free games? or the super elites that come with a AAA game for $299?

MS should of released 360 250gb in sept-nov thats when its going to need it and releasing early like they just did is going to be there downfall sales wise against PS3 for the holidays

what do you think about PS3 sales of 2010 v 2008? and what do you think it means for the rest of 2010?

PS3 3.5 2008 jan till mid june

PS3 4.3 same period with supply issues from jan - may

whats your point PS3 is tracking way higher than in 08

what does it mean for rest of year PS3 owning in sales as usual i believe the supply issues sony had was done on purpose to create a false demand during the holidays combined with gt5 lbp2 socom4 move PS3 should have similar holiday sales as did last year

Play Me

kitler53 said:
Mistershine said:
PS3beats360 said:
kowenicki said:

360 v PS3 gap is back above 5m....

The PS3 will over take the 360 in total sales within a year. You can quote me on that one. 

100k a week, every week, for a year?

no no, of course not. don't be silly.  on black friday it will outsell the 360 by 2M and on last week before christmas it will outsell the 360 by 3M. 

Are you serious? Black friday is an American thing, guess which console sells better in America (hint: take a look at NPD numbers for November 2009).