By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you had to leave your country, where would you live?

MEXICO!

Mexico is a very diverse place. Though because of the current drug war, it's best to stay away from the north. Though places like the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico are beautiful places: cities like Cancun and Merida. Though I plan to attend Stanford University and possibly start a business in the U.S; Mexico is not out of the question for any operations and living. Though Lord knows how expensive Stanford is! There are many great universities in Mexico as well but because I don't live there I don't know the list.

There are lot's of resort places and beaches and clear blue waters in Mexico to enjoy. Even caves, jungles, and deserts up north (I don't think anyone likes desserts but oh well). The economy which ranks in top 20 may not be the best, but in Mexico from my understanding lets citizens breathe easier. There aren't lots of restrictions like in the U.S. Building a house there is cheap!! No need to spend millions for a dream house.

If you want to live there building a business should be easy. Tourism is also a key to Mexico's economy and that should hep with any business created.

Mexico Districto Ferderal is the 2nd largest city in the world. It's home to......Mexican telenovelas (soap operas). People all over Latin America and even Spain flock to the capital of Mexico for the dreams to be an entertainer. It's easier to become famous there than Hollywood; well seems like. The capital is also home to the best architectures in the world. 

People in Mexico are kind and less racist than most Americans (-_-). After all there is a large diversity in race and color. From native Mayans, Aztecs, mestizos, castizos, white Mexicans, and foreigners. There is a reasonable amount of Jewish people and Asians living in Mexico (haha).

Also who doesn't want to eat the Latin Flavor of all foods? Yum...TACOS, BURRITOS, SALSA, REAL MEXICAN food and not fake food like those served in Taco Bell.

Around the Network
dany612 said:
MEXICO!

Mexico is a very diverse place. Though because of the current drug war, it's best to stay away from the north. Though places like the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico are beautiful places: cities like Cancun and Merida. Though I plan to attend Stanford University and possibly start a business in the U.S; Mexico is not out of the question for any operations and living. Though Lord knows how expensive Stanford is! There are many great universities in Mexico as well but because I don't live there I don't know the list.

There are lot's of resort places and beaches and clear blue waters in Mexico to enjoy. Even caves, jungles, and deserts up north (I don't think anyone likes desserts but oh well). The economy which ranks in top 20 may not be the best, but in Mexico from my understanding lets citizens breathe easier. There aren't lots of restrictions like in the U.S. Building a house there is cheap!! No need to spend millions for a dream house.

If you want to live there building a business should be easy. Tourism is also a key to Mexico's economy and that should hep with any business created.

Mexico Districto Ferderal is the 2nd largest city in the world. It's home to......Mexican telenovelas (soap operas). People all over Latin America and even Spain flock to the capital of Mexico for the dreams to be an entertainer. It's easier to become famous there than Hollywood; well seems like. The capital is also home to the best architectures in the world. 

People in Mexico are kind and less racist than most Americans (-_-). After all there is a large diversity in race and color. From native Mayans, Aztecs, mestizos, castizos, white Mexicans, and foreigners. There is a reasonable amount of Jewish people and Asians living in Mexico (haha).

Also who doesn't want to eat the Latin Flavor of all foods? Yum...TACOS, BURRITOS, SALSA, REAL MEXICAN food and not fake food like those served in Taco Bell.

If Mexico is as brilliant as you claim....and as superior in compairson to the USA as you also claim, why are Mexicans flooding into America at rates of a tsunami. The worse thing is, it's not even funny anymore :-/

FootballFan said:
dany612 said:
MEXICO!

If Mexico is as brilliant as you claim....and as superior in compairson to the USA as you also claim, why are Mexicans flooding into America at rates of a tsunami. The worse thing is, it's not even funny anymore :-/

LOL I never said it was superior. Well many are moving to the U.S because the lack of jobs in northern Mexico. 

Machina said:
FootballFan said:
Machina said:

Any of these 4:

USA (no idea which state though...)
Australia
New Zealand
Canada

I'm guessing you can only speak one langauge like me

Yup. That and it would be relatively easy for me to integrate in general, I think.

I get the impression that New Zealand is most like the UK out of any other country in the world tbh, though that may just be ignorance on my part because I've never actually been there.

That's about right, actually. It's the closest to England you'll really get outside of England. In some ways, it's actually nicer than England, actually.

So I suppose, New Zealand or Canada. I find the Australian accent too annoying to ever live there, and I have a mental block against living in the USA. If neither of those, Singapore. It's always boiling hot, there are various creatures everywhere and the government is completely authoritarian, but it's still a fantastic place.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

A western country. Preferably within the Anglosphere. Largely beause the language barrier would be non-existant and the culture isn't very different in most ways.

Around the Network
FootballFan said:

USA.....or Spain.  meh neither.

I would never leave England. I have visited USA and Spain on a number of occasions and like the countires however, I haven't seen any reason to move to Spain because the obvious language problem and the fact that the country is in massive debt and has no jobs. There is a large (million strong) British group in the South of Spain but even still with my Norther European skin I would sizzle in the 41 degree heat of the summers.

As for USA, most places the climate is too severe for me, I have been to New York, Nevada, California and Florida and the places in which seemed the nicest were way to expensive to live. Also law sucks in America with criminals and gangstas roaming the streets (okay thats not true but crime is higher than the UK) In addition, its a completely different lifestyle to the UK. You can't jsut walk into town and visit hundreds of shops within 10mins of your house. Due to the vastness of the areas you have to drive for 5 miles to reach anywhere. Also education is poor in America compared to England. Well, some areas anyway.

To defend America (in some ways):

Its so vast, you can pick and choose what kind of climate and geographic area you'd like to be in. Yes, its vast, but you don't need to drive to get anywhere in some cities. Eugene, Oregon is a great example.

In fact, I dare you to try Corvallis or Eugene before writing the US off. You are 1 hour away from the pacific ocean, skiing in the mountains, going on nature walks, treking in the desert, and viewing the best land America has to offer, and is economically/politically neat (very pro-freedom). Live in downtown, and you are 5 minutes from any kind of cooking or shopping you'd like. Just make sure you like to bike, because Eugene has more byciclists than it does motorists, it seems.

Throw in the fact the temperature is always 5-25c, and its very nice. I'd move there in a heartbeat if it wasn't so far away.

Here is Oregon if your interested...All the pictures can be visited within 1 or 2 hours at most from Portland, Eugene or Corvallis:

(Three Sisters - Lane County (just East of Eugene)

(Beaches near Portland - about 1hr away from most cities in Oregon)

(Mt. Hood - 1hr away from Portland)

(Crater lake in winter - about 1hr south east of Eugene in Klamath County)

Uber-epic panorama of Crater Lake here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8b/Crater_Lake_Pan_Giampaolo_20040717_72_78.jpg

*edit*

Places I'd live would be:

South Korea

Costa Rica

New Zealand

*maybe* Canada if it was somewhere temperate like BC.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

RockSmith372 said:
Wagram said:
oldschoolfool said:
FootballFan said:

USA.....or Spain.  meh neither.

I would never leave England. I have visited USA and Spain on a number of occasions and like the countires however, I haven't seen any reason to move to Spain because the obvious language problem and the fact that the country is in massive debt and has no jobs. There is a large (million strong) British group in the South of Spain but even still with my Norther European skin I would sizzle in the 41 degree heat of the summers.

As for USA, most places the climate is too severe for me, I have been to New York, Nevada, California and Florida and the places in which seemed the nicest were way to expensive to live. Also law sucks in America with criminals and gangstas roaming the streets (okay thats not true but crime is higher than the UK) In addition, its a completely different lifestyle to the UK. You can't jsut walk into town and visit hundreds of shops within 10mins of your house. Due to the vastness of the areas you have to drive for 5 miles to reach anywhere. Also education is poor in America compared to England. Well, some areas anyway.

education is'nt poor in America. We have some of the greatest educational places in the world. You have to shell out the big bucks though. lol

USA education in the south is just a deplorable joke. In the north it is what it should be. But I still think that it could be better.

Education in the South is poor compared to New England and the other regions. There are exceptions though like Duke, North Carolina, Texas at Austin, Florida, Florida State, Vanderbilt, etc. I am attending Auburn University which has one of the best engineering programs in the United States. However, the Midwest(particularly Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois) and New England have far superior education and the United States should put more money in raising the education level and less on things like military.

If education is important to you, just go to the country with the #1 rated education system in the world.

That would be.... NEW ZEALAND! :)

Ireland, not far from home and the accent is hot.

Kantor said:
Machina said:
FootballFan said:
Machina said:

Any of these 4:

USA (no idea which state though...)
Australia
New Zealand
Canada

I'm guessing you can only speak one langauge like me

Yup. That and it would be relatively easy for me to integrate in general, I think.

I get the impression that New Zealand is most like the UK out of any other country in the world tbh, though that may just be ignorance on my part because I've never actually been there.

That's about right, actually. It's the closest to England you'll really get outside of England. In some ways, it's actually nicer than England, actually.

So I suppose, New Zealand or Canada. I find the Australian accent too annoying to ever live there, and I have a mental block against living in the USA. If neither of those, Singapore. It's always boiling hot, there are various creatures everywhere and the government is completely authoritarian, but it's still a fantastic place.

Christchurch on the south island is very much like England. If I had to pick a city that Auckland reminds me of, it would be Vancouver. The rest of the country is like no place I have ever been to. Just relaxed, friendly, and beautiful.

I doubt u will ever move to NZ Mafoo but we will see.

The grass is always greener on the other side.