By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you had to leave your country, where would you live?

I'm 7 feet tall :P

Around the Network

France/Paris. I just want to be a part of Paris Fashion Week one day. And I love french music/culture and women!

Here's a really nice French song =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im9fspvvkf4

i live in USA so if i had to go canada seams closest

ausyland seams rather nice but i hear video games take forever to get over there so maybe great britain

i dont really care to learn a new language but japanse would definitly help me play more games :P so maybe japan

i always DID want to go to a ramen hut like in Naruto :P

Well, I live in Canada now, and if I had to move anywhere, I would move to Fiji. It's where my parents came from, and I went there this summer and absolutely loved it.

I would move to Canada due to relations over there, so I would probably move to the province of Ontario.

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
RockSmith372 said:
Education in the South is poor compared to New England and the other regions. There are exceptions though like Duke, North Carolina, Texas at Austin, Florida, Florida State, Vanderbilt, etc. I am attending Auburn University which has one of the best engineering programs in the United States. However, the Midwest(particularly Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois) and New England have far superior education and the United States should put more money in raising the education level and less on things like military.

If education is important to you, just go to the country with the #1 rated education system in the world.

That would be.... NEW ZEALAND! :)

And the link to this would be....

Oh wait, I found one:

Student Performance on the Reading, Scientific and Mathematical Literacy Scale

http://www.geographic.org/country_ranks/educational_score_performance_country_ranks_2009_oecd.html 

Korea, Finland, Canada are top 3, NZ squeaks in at #4 but hey, better than the USA at 33..

Anyhow OT: Since I am from Canada, I'd have to say Japan, Australia or Netherlands

Though after I read about how many insects, etc in Aus can kill you with a bite... Japan or Netherlands

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Tanstalas said:
TheRealMafoo said:
RockSmith372 said:
Education in the South is poor compared to New England and the other regions. There are exceptions though like Duke, North Carolina, Texas at Austin, Florida, Florida State, Vanderbilt, etc. I am attending Auburn University which has one of the best engineering programs in the United States. However, the Midwest(particularly Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois) and New England have far superior education and the United States should put more money in raising the education level and less on things like military.

If education is important to you, just go to the country with the #1 rated education system in the world.

That would be.... NEW ZEALAND! :)

And the link to this would be....

Oh wait, I found one:

Student Performance on the Reading, Scientific and Mathematical Literacy Scale

http://www.geographic.org/country_ranks/educational_score_performance_country_ranks_2009_oecd.html 

Korea, Finland, Canada are top 3, NZ squeaks in at #4 but hey, better than the USA at 33..

Anyhow OT: Since I am from Canada, I'd have to say Japan, Australia or Netherlands

Though after I read about how many insects, etc in Aus can kill you with a bite... Japan or Netherlands

Overall it comes in #3 behind Finland and Canada (you were just looking at the top listing. But ok, #3. I did find something somewhere that had it tied at #1.