By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you had to leave your country, where would you live?

I`d NEVER leave Canada... if I had to move, I`d just move to another part of the Country.   Canada is huge!!! and the people from East to West, North to South have for the most part been friendly and courteous.

But for fun... OT`: It would probably have to be Sweden.  2nd would be the Philippines.

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

I doubt u will ever move to NZ Mafoo but we will see.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

That's why I spent 2 weeks there asking tons of questions from all the people I met. We also visited 8 cities, and looked at housing in a few of them. We went to grocery stores to check out food prices, and talked to a lot of immigrants. There are a few things that we will have to get used to, but the good far outweighs the bad.

If we didn't own a home, we would already be there. My father is coming in in a few months to work on the house with me and remodel for resale (he is a general contractor). Then we will put it on the market next year (houses don't sell in Minnesota in the winter time), and plan to leave as soon as the house sells.

Sometimes the grass looks greener on the other side, because it is.

Slimebeast said:
sapphi_snake said:
Slimebeast said:

Denmark or the UK. Possibly the USA.

Denmark has the same style of living as Sweden but the mentality of its people is much better.

UK is great. I like Englishmen and I like the English culture.

USA is the land of opportunities. Everything there is cool. But it's also a bit risky. With bad luck you might end up in the gutter or get killed by a thug.

Out of curiosity, not knowing myself very much about the culture of Scandinavian countries, why do you say that the mentality of Danes is better than that of Swedes?

Danes aren't as pretentious as Swedes. Far less politically correct. More natural and real, they don't pretend to be "holier than thou" as much as Swedes do. And they're much more relaxed and tolerant. Tolerant in an honest way - let's say you deviate from the majority's behaviour, for example you got personal problems, or you have awkward opinions, or you come late for work, you're religious, or you make mistakes, or you have a drinking problem etc - Danes won't point the finger at you, not talk behind your back, not discriminate and condemn you as much as Swedes do.

At the same time, and this might sound like a contradiction but it's not, Danish people are more proud of their country, more protective of it. They're not self haters like the Swedes.

Hah! Holier than thou people are fucking annoying, it's very common in older generations (that is the vast majority of this freakin town before immigrants rejuvenated it) in Genoa too and in a lot of provincial towns all around the world, I guess. But at least in Sweden you have a precious thing that Denmark, Japan and other places, including my region, lack, a lot of space.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

FootballFan said:
Kamal said:

If I went to Japan, I will wreck dominance since I will just tower over everyone.

I would also love to go to Canada one day love the weather and the people!

How tall are you?

Also I agree with your second point untill you get covered in 5 foot of snow and are unabke to leave your house.

6ft 1, and still growing!

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Kamal said:
FootballFan said:
Kamal said:

If I went to Japan, I will wreck dominance since I will just tower over everyone.

How tall are you?

Also I agree with your second point untill you get covered in 5 foot of snow and are unabke to leave your house.

Your kidding? Guess how tall I am

Around the Network

Nowhere. I'd kill myself because no other country has the best and most fair sport in the world, American Football!

FootballFan said:
Kamal said:
FootballFan said:
Kamal said:

How tall are you?

Trying to dampen my day eh, hit me!

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Kamal said:
FootballFan said:
Kamal said:
FootballFan said:
Kamal said:

How tall are you?

6" I am only 16 though

FootballFan said:
Kamal said:
FootballFan said:
Kamal said:
FootballFan said:
Kamal said:

How tall are you?

6" I am only 16 though

Having a year on me doesn't mean anything remember that 

Canada easily.  Labatt's, hockey and free healthcare, what more could you ask for?