By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Age 2 announced !

ArcticGabe said:

Can't believe they didn't left an option for race.

I liked Dragon Age, but it was no where as good as Baldur's Gate, not even close. And now its just getting worse. Not sure if I'm going to get this one  first day or not now.

To be fair, there truly aren't a whole lot of games that come close to Baldur's Gate...

Around the Network

You'd think someone would step in and fill the gap for an isometric old school RPG, surely there's an opportunity there given the number of people who hanker after more depth and complexity and less 'shininess' and streamling?

As for fixing your character from the start and only giving you a choice of male or female, presumably it's going to be voiced a la Shepard, and they'd need to record several different actors to cover all the races.  Shame really, I'd prefer more choice and no voice over from my character- I'm perfectly capable of imagining how he/ she would speak.

Foamer said:

You'd think someone would step in and fill the gap for an isometric old school RPG, surely there's an opportunity there given the number of people who hanker after more depth and complexity and less 'shininess' and streamling?

As for fixing your character from the start and only giving you a choice of male or female, presumably it's going to be voiced a la Shepard, and they'd need to record several different actors to cover all the races.  Shame really, I'd prefer more choice and no voice over from my character- I'm perfectly capable of imagining how he/ she would speak.

Absolutely. Some of the best RPG's ever made are without voice acting at all. The latest isometric RPG worth a damn was Temple of Elemental Evil, I really liked it, the D20 system is perfect for making PC games. Other then that, there are only smaller hits like Book of Eschalon (which was surprisingly good but far too short) and Indie titles.