By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Samsung crushes Sony. Look at the numbers.

And even still once you have general figures you can't compare both electronic departments since a ton of other business segments are included.

Laughable.

Around the Network
BBH said:

And even still once you have general figures you can't compare both electronic departments since a ton of other business segments are included.

Laughable.

Then get the numbers for their electronic departments and compare the right figures... Anyways, it is pretty obvious that Samsung is kicking Sony's ass in the electronic department.

Not surprising, Samsung are huge on mobiles and PC monitors and they manufacture and develop screen panels for others on top of everything. Oh, and they make incredible products as well! I'm buying a new Samsung monitor in a couple of months!

steethnintendo said:
BBH said:

Laughable.

Then get the numbers for their electronics department and compare the right figures... Anyways, it is pretty obvious that Samsung is kicking Sony's ass in the electronic department.

Yes, right. The OP contains the exact opposite.

Samsung is doing better, yes, but how is it clear it's kicking Sony's ass when the consumer electronics departments of both companies is equal to or less than 50% of both businesses? 

I have a 40" Samsung TV LED. Samsung are the best, and (I'm not sure if this is true for all cases), Samsung TV's are cheaper than the Sony ones and better.

Around the Network

not surprised really, i own a sony 32 inch though. i had a samsung one but i returned it because the sony one was alot cheaper and i got the difference back. I love neither, rather i love walmart =p

Sharp and Samsung, and sometimes sony, are my most favorite electronic companies. Nice to see one of them doing really good. Sharp I believe given the size is also doing well. 

Acevil said:

Sharp and Samsung, and sometimes sony, are my most favorite electronic companies. Nice to see one of them doing really good. Sharp I believe given the size is also doing well. 

Sharp's been banking off Nintendo this gen.  260 million screens and counting...

BBH said:
steethnintendo said:
BBH said:

Laughable.

Then get the numbers for their electronics department and compare the right figures... Anyways, it is pretty obvious that Samsung is kicking Sony's ass in the electronic department.

Yes, right. The OP contains the exact opposite.

Samsung is doing better, yes, but how is it clear it's kicking Sony's ass when the consumer electronics departments of both companies is equal to or less than 50% of both businesses? 

Okay well I did exaggerate.  However, I believe Samsung's image among the majority of public has overtaken Sony's image.  When someone goes into a store with a better image/liking of a company then they will probably choose that company's product.

ofcoz cheap stuff sells more, its a no brainer. don't tell me yall are just figuring this out lol.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5