By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Samsung crushes Sony. Look at the numbers.

andremop said:
jarrod said:
BHR-3 said:

sony tvs have disapionted me since 2004 i like there old line of trinitron and wega once they went to lcd there tvs where not as good they lost some features they had from the SD era

Agreed.  Sony's SD sets are still unmatched imo.

I have to admit though, I'd probably be interested in a Samsung console if they ever did one.  They should buy Sega, maybe we could get some of that old spark back if they had hardware to prove themselves on again?

That would be cool... but my dream is still Nintendo buying sega... and releasing a new version of your pig.

Samsung can buy... atari or something.

lol.  Oh god, a Monster World V announcement would probably be the end of me.

But come on, Samsung Sega... there's some magic there!  I needs me some Virtua Fighter 6 damn it!

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:

sony tvs have disapionted me since 2004 i like there old line of trinitron and wega once they went to lcd there tvs where not as good they lost some features they had from the SD era

im pretty sure sony buys the panels from samsung for the lcd tvsidk about the led though

i personlly like LG the best now there the only ones that have more than 3 picture modes on there lcd tvs

Sony switched to Sharp pannels in 2008.

I love going to Sony Style stores and love their products.  Still, in my house there are two Samsung LCD's because Sony's prices tend to be way to high. That's why I never buy Sony tv's or computers, good quality but inflated prices usually.  Love the PS3 though! XD

Galaki said:
jarrod said:

I'd probably be interested in a Samsung console if they ever did one.  They should buy Sega, maybe we could get some of that old spark back if they had hardware to prove themselves on again?

Careful what you wish for. It might just come true.

That's not sarcasm.

they already did back in the 32bit era when sega lisenced out their saturn hardware, samsung jumped in

With Sony's pricing on their TVs, this is expected.

My HDTV (for gaming) is a Samsung, and my SDTV (for the family) is a panasonic.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

Wahahaha, how people can divert the truth with simply comparing 2 different figures from 2 different reports that nobody will going to read anyway, I admit Samsung is bigger than Sony in their home electrical appliances department as well as handphone department, but it makes me laugh to compare Samsung to Sony as a whole, cause:

- Sony Music is the second LARGEST global music company after it bought off BMG with big names like MJ, Britney, Whitney, Celine Dione and Jay Chow in Asia. MJ alone generated 1 billion last year after his death with his records selling off the roofs globally (maybe only Madonna can repeat the deed, but she has to be dead first, hehe)

- Sony Pictures is as huge with mega blockbusters like Spiderman series, and mega movies like 2012 and MJ This is It; even the latest Karate kid made $154 millions globally to date from a mere budget of $40 millions, not including DVD and Blu-ray sales

- SCE has so many studios under its belt: Japan Studio, Media Molecule, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Santa Monica, to name a few. Sony has the largest number of high quality first party game studios in the big 3, although not as profitable as Nintendo (Pokemon Studio overkill any of the Studio mentioned before).

Samsung maybe more profitable than Sony due to its success in home appliances and handphones, with its more competitiveness price providing comparative quality (my HDTV is a Samsung), but no way it would be bigger than Sony. Even a die hard Xbot must have watch one or 2 Spiderman movie before, or also a fan of Brit Brit.

tingyu said:

Wahahaha, how people can divert the truth with simply comparing 2 different figures from 2 different reports that nobody will going to read anyway, I admit Samsung is bigger than Sony in their home electrical appliances department as well as handphone department, but it makes me laugh to compare Samsung to Sony as a whole, cause:

- Sony Music is the second LARGEST global music company after it bought off BMG with big names like MJ, Britney, Whitney, Celine Dione and Jay Chow in Asia. MJ alone generated 1 billion last year after his death with his records selling off the roofs globally (maybe only Madonna can repeat the deed, but she has to be dead first, hehe)

- Sony Pictures is as huge with mega blockbusters like Spiderman series, and mega movies like 2012 and MJ This is It; even the latest Karate kid made $154 millions globally to date from a mere budget of $40 millions, not including DVD and Blu-ray sales

- SCE has so many studios under its belt: Japan Studio, Media Molecule, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Santa Monica, to name a few. Sony has the largest number of high quality first party game studios in the big 3, although not as profitable as Nintendo (Pokemon Studio overkill any of the Studio mentioned before).

Samsung maybe more profitable than Sony due to its success in home appliances and handphones, with its more competitiveness price providing comparative quality (my HDTV is a Samsung), but no way it would be bigger than Sony. Even a die hard Xbot must have watch one or 2 Spiderman movie before, or also a fan of Brit Brit.

good read but so now Sony not doomzed yet and Samsung ain't gonna buy them? :( that's just crazyyyyyyyyy! oh well maybe on the next thread

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I hated every Samsung phone my dad bought, their battery life stinks, but I wouldn't buy an expensive Sony either, I still stick to Nokia.

I never bought Sony TVs, too expensive and I like only a few of them.

On my PCs I had through time two Sony DVD-Rs, the oldest still works, the newest broke early, and the latest is a Samsung.

I also have a Samsung DVD player - VHS recorder combo that recently broke.

To sum it up I'm no fan of either, and should Sony sink I hope it will be bought by somebody else than Samsung, but obviously not MS...

Philips buying Sony would make me happy, instead, no other electronics producer ever satisfied me as much, very good quality, excellent value for money, best support, at least in my town. My 1992 Philips 34" TV still works, for example, and when I was a kid we had a black and white one that lasted more than 20 years.

Edit: yes, they made also CD-i, but nobody's perfect!    

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Not surprising really. Samsunbg make high quality products and sell them for reasonable prices. I have 2 Samsung HD Tv's and my Sony MP3 player might have been my most hated pieces of electronics that I have ever purchased. What a total piece fo crap it was. No wonder Apple owned them in teh portable music market

Meh, my experience with Samsung's plasmas haven't been all that great. Fantastic screen's, but the speaker's are absolute shit, within a month they were busted and then the repair service was just horrible and now it's stuffed up again. I'm picking up a 50 inch Razor frame LG plasma tomorrow, I've never had a problem with LG and Sony tv's (32 inch Bravia in my brother's room).

The only reason I bought the Samsung in the first place was because of how much cheaper it was, which is fine and dandy until the thing breaks. I'll repeat that the quality of the screen's are pretty amazing though, never had a screen burn, no fading, just crystal clean quality for the last three year's.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752