By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Samsung crushes Sony. Look at the numbers.

sony tvs have disapionted me since 2004 i like there old line of trinitron and wega once they went to lcd there tvs where not as good they lost some features they had from the SD era

im pretty sure sony buys the panels from samsung for the lcd tvsidk about the led though

i personlly like LG the best now there the only ones that have more than 3 picture modes on there lcd tvs

Play Me

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:

sony tvs have disapionted me since 2004 i like there old line of trinitron and wega once they went to lcd there tvs where not as good they lost some features they had from the SD era

Agreed.  Sony's SD sets are still unmatched imo.

I have to admit though, I'd probably be interested in a Samsung console if they ever did one.  They should buy Sega, maybe we could get some of that old spark back if they had hardware to prove themselves on again?

jarrod said:
BHR-3 said:

Agreed.  Sony's SD sets are still unmatched imo.

I have to admit though, I'd probably be interested in a Samsung console if they ever did one.  They should buy Sega, maybe we could get some of that old spark back if they had hardware to prove themselves on again?

That would be cool... but my dream is still Nintendo buying sega... and releasing a new version of your pig.

Samsung can buy... atari or something.

snfr said:

Doesn't surprise me so much, because prices for Sony TVs are usually much higher than for Samsung/Toshiba/LG/... TVs. So people rather buy cheaper TVs, because the mainstream doesn't see why they should buy a Sony one.

I had to buy a new TV two years ago because my old one broke, but I didn't have enough money for a Sony one, so I bought a Toshiba. Would be interesting to see how Toshiba is doing.

Not always true.  Perhaps the consumer looks at consumer reports which they recommend Samsung most the times due to quality, price, etc..  Samsung makes pretty decent quality products and their name has replaced Sony in my opinion.  Once when people thought of Sony for purchasing a product they now think Samsung. 

Huge Samsung fan here.

Incredible quality, stylish and cheap monitors & TVs

Around the Network
gurglesletch said:
andremop said:

Samsumg, Hyundai .... those Koreans are TH3 SHITZ!

Danm, they can make money. We need to release Starcraft 2 fast to slow their economy!

The one and only Hyundai car we had spent more time being fixed than in our driveway so they need to improve their quality not quantity which would slow the economy because they are making less.

Samsung probably could make a better car than Hyundai.  I believe Hyundai quality is improving but it is nowhere near Honda, Subaru, and Toyota (even with all the recalls) according to consumer reports.

Serious_frusting said:

it shocks me that samsung TV's sell all that well. They are not even that good tbh. I will say though that they do look very sexy. and are cheap. Which to the normal non tech savy person. They will always pick that

Samsung TV's are fucking awesome

First Apple destroys Microsoft, now Samsung is higher than Sony.

Noooooooooooooooooooo!?!?!?!?!?!?!1111

jarrod said:

I'd probably be interested in a Samsung console if they ever did one.  They should buy Sega, maybe we could get some of that old spark back if they had hardware to prove themselves on again?

Careful what you wish for. It might just come true.

That's not sarcasm.

Excellent news! Now i seriously consider buying that Samsung console!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’