By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Losing Faith in Humanity...

sapphi_snake said:
Carl2291 said:
sapphi_snake said:
Carl2291 said:
sapphi_snake said:
Carl2291 said:

I'm a "I hate overly sensitive goody two shoes hippies who think everyone should love everyone else" person.

But that's just me.

Sadly too many people are just like you... sadly.

Too many people don't like to interfere in other peoples lives, and get worked up over how other people feel about other people?

Sounds good to me.

Sure. I don't believe racism or anything like that is a good thing, but i think crying and complaining over something that is animal (human) nature (rivalries over differences in culture, image) is pathetic. Getting angry because 2 people have differences and disike eachother because of how hey look/ where they come from is IMO stupid and pathetic. If you don't like it, do something about it. Don't sit and cry over how you lose faith in humanity... Just because they are being human.

Being human isn't an excuse. With people as apathetic as you the nazis could take over the world.

I'm not apathetic. I just think people being overly sensitive and crying over stuff rather than doing things about it, is stupid. They think a good long (cut in half for "good behaviour") prison sentence, where you get PS3's and Wii's and whatever, is a good "punishment". And they wont do anything about it that will actually make a difference because it would be "against human rights". Fuck off Human Rights ¬_¬

And wrong. People would still defend themselves, and thus the Nazi's would have lost... Like they did.

Umm.. the German people fought against the Nazis? Weren't they the ones who elected them in the first place? I beleive it was the allies defeated the Nazis. The Germans were highly apathetic, hence the Nazis rose to power in the first place.

As for the prison sentence thing, well that's a complicated issue that itslef would require thourough discussion, and quite frankly I'm way too tired for that. But regarding the Human Rights issue, rethink who should be the one doing the fucking off. I'll leave you with a quote from Nietzsche that I first saw in the intro of Baldur's Gate: "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."

The Germans didn't. We did, and would have if they attacked/threatened us. I don't see how that matters though.

True. Long and annoying debate for another thread. And no, don't need to rethink it, thought about it enough already. It's stupid IMO.

Around the Network
SciFiBoy said:
phinch1 said:
SciFiBoy said:
Carl2291 said:

I'm a "I hate overly sensitive goody two shoes hippies who think everyone should love everyone else" person.

But that's just me.

I dont see how being sensetive is a bad thing...nor do I see how being nice to other poeple is...but hey

thats just me...:P

I think its good to care about other people...imo humans tend to be far too individualistic, everything seems to be about how YOU can make YOUR OWN money and way in life, people never seem to stop and think about other people at all, people seem to think that THEY are the gold standard by which all others must be judged, I hate that, I know im far from perfect, and I dont pretend not to know that. I just hate the whole "well if I can do this or did that then so can everyone else" thats just so ignorant, arrogant and stupid imo.

Being sensitive isnt a bad thing, but there are people who are too sensitive and that can be just as bad as not being sensitive enough

what is too sensetive in your opinion then?

double post, read one below

SciFiBoy said:
phinch1 said:
SciFiBoy said:
Carl2291 said:

But that's just me.

I dont see how being sensetive is a bad thing...nor do I see how being nice to other poeple is...but hey

thats just me...:P

I think its good to care about other people...imo humans tend to be far too individualistic, everything seems to be about how YOU can make YOUR OWN money and way in life, people never seem to stop and think about other people at all, people seem to think that THEY are the gold standard by which all others must be judged, I hate that, I know im far from perfect, and I dont pretend not to know that. I just hate the whole "well if I can do this or did that then so can everyone else" thats just so ignorant, arrogant and stupid imo.

Being sensitive isnt a bad thing, but there are people who are too sensitive and that can be just as bad as not being sensitive enough

what is too sensetive in your opinion then?

Too sensitive? I think there are many examples of being too sensitive, I myself am guilty of being too sensitive, especially when it comes to girls, when it gets to the point that they know your a nice guy and they use you becuase of it, "your too nice for your own good springs to mind" putting yourself out for other people

another one which i feel strong about and i commented on it earlier. The people who say they have reformed criminals such as rapists and murderers and fight for them to get out of prison early, but when they are back into society they do it agian, and there has been many cases of this, but the sad part about the people being too over sensitive and trying to reform these criminals, is thats there being to nice and sympathetic to the wrong people, why don't they go to the families of the victims of who ever this person has caused harm against,

It is only my opinion at the end of the day, i just think being over sensitive is just as bad as not being sensitive enough

sapphi_snake said:
hunter_alien said:

And Im sick of people like you. Common, all you do is complain, and do nothing. I admit Im often a racist, sexist homophob etc. but why do you care, or if you do why do you write about it in a forum, and not go out and do something about it?

Seriosuly, if you hate everything that is human or related to society then you are a sociopath... you are no different, just because you suddenly have a hippy outburst...

Yoi have no ideea what a sociopath is. Look it up.

"...a pervasive pattern of disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others that begins in childhood or early adolescence and continues into adulthood." 

Its from wikipedia, but I believe its a good deffinition.

Ina more passive way IMO the OP can be labeled as one my friend, and as somebody who is just about to finish psichology, I think I know a bit more about this then you might think . I never use words that I dont know what they mean. I am not be the biggest bookworm ever, and I dont mind if my language is a bit simple, especially when it comes to english

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

sapphi_snake said:
phinch1 said:
Mad55 said:
phinch1 said:
sapphi_snake said:
phinch1 said:
sapphi_snake said:
Carl2291 said:

But that's just me.

Sadly too many people are just like you... sadly.

Sadly it works both ways, I find the people "who are goody two shoes"  very annoying especially when they fight cases for rapist/peadophiles an murders to get them out of prison earlier saying thier reformed/changed/learnt from their ways, or it isnt their fault society let them down ,they had a bad child hood etc.... then bam!!!...... there out into society and at it again.

Look at it this way... if everyone were a "goody two shoes" then there wouldn't be any rapist or peadophiles.

it would be the worst world to live in if everyone was a  "goody two shoes" 

It trully would or the other way around. Trust the world needs a mix of the good and the bad as sad as that sounds.

That is exactly right, you need bad people to give the definition and recognition of good people/actions, anger/evil acts are something none of us can deney doing, from something simple as saying something horrible that you didnt mean to a loved one in a heated argument, no one not even scifi boy can deney an evil act in their entire life.......

plus also it would mean No games/film/books or Tv that depicts violence, anger, Villans, guns. murder, drugs......thats right people, no more FPS'S...... if everyone was a "goody two shoes"

Well then next time I see a rapist I'll giive him a pat on the back and say: "Hey man, this guy from an internet forum, pinch1, sends you warm hugs for being such an essential and valuable member of society".

ahem, its phinch1

and no no no, thats not what i said at all your being immature again and making up things I have not said, im just saying the world wouldnt revolve if there were no bad people, there will always be bad people and thats why there is prison, a place to remove criminals from society so we can live safe lifes.

you would only be able to pat a criminal on the back on the street if the country was run by goody two shoes, if it was run by a hard ass who was sympathetic to the right people i.e the general public and their safety it would not be possible. The end.

Around the Network

Yah, I am so sick of the racism I see in the US, and I am sure the rest of the world is no different. I am curretly taking a sociology class. The teacher is black and many of my felloew white students just will not listen to her because of this. She is a doctor and head of the sociology department at my univrersity. Yet, my fellow students (mostly white) use racial slurs when talking about her out of class. I have been told by some that she has nothing to say to us because she is black and cannot understand our world view, and therfore she has nothing to teach us. This is not right as we all are born with things like sex and race that we cannot control. These classes teach you that the white man has every advantage in the world that we recieve only by the chance meeting of sperm and egg.

We all can learn from each other and I am sick of the racism of my country. This will probably never change, but it is good some people look beyound chaos.

PEACE

kowenicki said:

isn't this whole thread based on an OP thats is one massive contradiction?

Anyway I stand by what I said earlier.

You mean, being angry at a certain group of people, for insulting people... Then insulting people himself?

Congratulations

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Never before has this video been more appropriate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q4txN1ut20

Mad55 said:

I feel you though if you compare today to years ago its a better situation. Change takes time also i dont think were a virus like some seem to think live your life to the fullest and care for those around you. if you want to change things try lol though when its all said and done were so bad because were so advanced.

Being advanced is the problem in that we do not think about issues that matter while we have it. We dont use our intelligence for sustainability because what we're doing is populate and destroy consume and pollute much like a virus who finds a host, attaches feeds and spreads. If you didn't notice, we don't act like typical mammals who work naturally in a cycle with the planet. We break the cycle. The highest risk of these issues are in highly developed nations. Third world countries are more sustainable to the earth than we are. The more intelligent we are the more dangerous we are to the planet. We need to learn to be better people towards our fellow brethren in humanity, but its not just about human togetherness, its about survival. Because of us, the earths clock is ticking more and more towards destructive acts. I'm not saying we're responsible but we're really pushing forward a very dangerous process. Mars was once a habitable place from what scientists are researching, something sucked all its natural resources and basically raped the planet. It's downfall definitely came from intelligent beings like minded to us.