By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is their a news piece about NSMB being fastest game to 15 million?

I know The Source is a big fan of the Wii, so would naturally want to report NSMB's success, but MW2 is A game too, and it reached 15 million in 8 weeks, much faster than NSMB?

Around the Network

Firestorm incoming!

Tease.

Only on one platform?

Because there's two schools of thought.

The first one thinks that the sales of the 360 and the PS3 version of the same game shouldn't be combined while the other school thinks it should because it's the same game.

Thesource is the former while me and you are the latter.

BMaker11 said:

Only on one platform?

A game is a game ..........

"Nintendo's New Super Mario Bros. Wii has sold 15 million copies in record time. How big can it get?"

Around the Network

TheSource
23 hours ago

Not really, Modern Warfare 2 had double the time effectively by being on two platforms.

LOL shit, now I've seen everything ...

MW2 hit 15 mill in 8 weeks. Even using this ridiculous measure, that means 16 weeks. NSMB was 32.

Yeah, it is strange... plus looking at the installbase its pretty much the same... well I have to agree with you on this one. I do find it strange, MW2 is in my opinion the fastest selling game, and no article will change this

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Umm, because it's news?

liamtoh669 said:

Umm, because it's news?

Not that much since it's not really the first game to 15 million. First exclusive game yes though.

bcuz its an exclusive

Im sure if NSMBW would've been release on the DS too it would a sold about twice as much and theres already news on MW2 breakin records too.

So whats the deal

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10