By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will NEVER overtake 360.

I just realized that the 360 slim still sell for $299. I thought it was cheaper but it's not. I have to wonder what exactly is responsible for the boost. is it the slim 360 or the $149 arcade, or maybe both.

Around the Network
riecsou said:

I just realized that the 360 slim still sell for $299. I thought it was cheaper but it's not. I have to wonder what exactly is responsible for the boost. is it the slim 360 or the $149 arcade, or maybe both.

$149 360 ARCADE

$249 360 ELITE

$299 360 SLIM

kowenicki said:
riecsou said:

well..... the slim is selling out all over... so....

the discounted units have a big hand in it too

yo_john117 said:
tinybigman108 said:

who gives a flying f*ck i play games not sales.  i dont own stock in any of the 3 companies so i pretty much don't care if ps3 doesnt pass 360 i'll still get better exclusives for my ps3 than my 360 period.  those who care about sales of stupid piece of plastic are very sad imo. 

don't care what peoples response is going to be to my comment.

That's totally objective.

well it's true the only exclusives i actually like/love on 360 are mass effect, gears, alan wake, and crackdown.  i dont care about forza, halo, or fable.  here's list of exclusives i've bought for each system.

Gears 1,2; crackdown; mass effect 1,2; alan wake;Splinter Cell; lost Odyssey; fable 2(wish i didnt waste my money on this crap).

PS3

Resistance 1,2; Killzone 2; God of War 3; GT5P; LBP; MNR; Valkyria Chronicles, Heavy Rain; Infamous; R&C ToD, AciT; MGS4; Uncharted 1,2; 3D dot game heroes; MLB the show; Folklore (underrated); WKC (unjustly bashed); Demon's Souls; Motorstorm 1,2; Heavenly Sword.

you may see/say that i am biased, but i dont care Sony has always giving me games that i love and they'll continue to do that with up coming games like.

Slimebeast said:

The thread title is ridiculous.

Sony is estimating to ship 15 million PS3's in this Fiscal year (I think). That alone takes it to the same level as the X360 in lifetime sales.

And I agree with HKN & SolidSnake4 that a $199 PS3 will sell like hotcakes.

I believe 70million X360s and 85 million PS3s sold when all is said and done.

Just because Sony estimate to outsell 360 this holiday, doesn't mean it'll be anywhere near true.

I'm sure Microsoft with Kinect, Price drop and new model expect to widen the gap back to 8 million this fiscal year too. Doesn't mean it'll happen, Sony has had to adjust it's estimations before, and Microsoft doesn't give any so we can only guess what they're thinking

Around the Network
tinybigman108 said:
yo_john117 said:
tinybigman108 said:

who gives a flying f*ck i play games not sales.  i dont own stock in any of the 3 companies so i pretty much don't care if ps3 doesnt pass 360 i'll still get better exclusives for my ps3 than my 360 period.  those who care about sales of stupid piece of plastic are very sad imo. 

don't care what peoples response is going to be to my comment.

That's totally objective.

well it's true the only exclusives i actually like/love on 360 are mass effect, gears, alan wake, and crackdown.  i dont care about forza, halo, or fable.  here's list of exclusives i've bought for each system.

Gears 1,2; crackdown; mass effect 1,2; alan wake;Splinter Cell; lost Odyssey; fable 2(wish i didnt waste my money on this crap).

PS3

Resistance 1,2; Killzone 2; God of War 3; GT5P; LBP; MNR; Valkyria Chronicles, Heavy Rain; Infamous; R&C ToD, AciT; MGS4; Uncharted 1,2; 3D dot game heroes; MLB the show; Folklore (underrated); WKC (unjustly bashed); Demon's Souls; Motorstorm 1,2; Heavenly Sword.

you may see/say that i am biased, but i dont care Sony has always giving me games that i love and they'll continue to do that with up coming games like.

Lol you just proved to me that what you said was objective...its not fact, its opinion.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
riecsou said:

The slim is definitely the biggest reason though since you can still find normal elites and arcades pretty much everywhere (and MS stopped shipping non-slim 360's quite a while ago)

yo_john117 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
riecsou said:

The slim is definitely the biggest reason though since you can still find normal elites and arcades pretty much everywhere (and MS stopped shipping non-slim 360's quite a while ago)

no it was not.

and even though MS didn't stop shipping them.they stopped making them.if they had an inventry.they would still ship them

and the Arcade and Elite were and still available and so was why the price cut was made as they were abundantly available,if they were scare,MS wouldn't have cut the price

Seece said:
Slimebeast said:

The thread title is ridiculous.

Sony is estimating to ship 15 million PS3's in this Fiscal year (I think). That alone takes it to the same level as the X360 in lifetime sales.

And I agree with HKN & SolidSnake4 that a $199 PS3 will sell like hotcakes.

I believe 70million X360s and 85 million PS3s sold when all is said and done.

Just because Sony estimate to outsell 360 this holiday, doesn't mean it'll be anywhere near true.

although SONY can be wrong you saying that "it will be anywhere near true"

isn't true as people make forecast dependsing on something,just not like that so it won't be far even if they miss it

I'm sure Microsoft with Kinect, Price drop and new model expect to widen the gap back to 8 million

and SONY expect to stop them from it.obviosly MS wants it but it doesn't mean they will like you said above.

this fiscal year too. Doesn't mean it'll happen,Sony has had to adjust it's estimations before, and Microsoft doesn't give any so we can only guess what they're thinking

SONY has had to adjust its expectation but not with PS3 within the $299 consumer reach price

Solid_Snake4RD said:
yo_john117 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
riecsou said:

no it was not.

and even though MS didn't stop shipping them.they stopped making them.if they had an inventry.they would still ship them

and the Arcade and Elite were and still available and so was why the price cut was made as they were abundantly available,if they were scare,MS wouldn't have cut the price

Ummm yes it was.

MS cut the price of the old elites and arcades to get rid of the rest of the stock that was at stores.

Face it the $299 slim 360 was the biggest reason why the 360 sold so much last week.