By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will NEVER overtake 360.

yo_john117 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
yo_john117 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
yo_john117 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
riecsou said:

I just realized that the 360 slim still sell for $299. I thought it was cheaper but it's not. I have to wonder what exactly is responsible for the boost. is it the slim 360 or the $149 arcade, or maybe both.

well..... the slim is selling out all over... so....

the discounted units have a big hand in it too

The slim is definitely the biggest reason though since you can still find normal elites and arcades pretty much everywhere (and MS stopped shipping non-slim 360's quite a while ago)

no it was not.

and even though MS didn't stop shipping them.they stopped making them.if they had an inventry.they would still ship them

and the Arcade and Elite were and still available and so was why the price cut was made as they were abundantly available,if they were scare,MS wouldn't have cut the price

Ummm yes it was.

no

MS cut the price of the old elites and arcades to get rid of the rest of the stock that was at stores.

MS could still have some left in the factory.if the only store ones were to be remianing then before the SLIM launch we would have seen 360 shortages which we didn't

Face it the $299 slim 360 was the biggest reason why the 360 sold so much last week.

LMAO

are you forcing something here

without giving enough evidence you say "FACE IT"...............haha

I'm sorry but there's just WAY more evidence pointing to the 360 slim as being the biggest reason for the 360 selling so well.

wat evidence

1. Look at how Japan 360's sold.  Out of the 17k 360's sold last week about 15k of them were slims, and the old arcade and elite models got discounted yet still only sold a bare minimum (about 2k)  You can bet that America had about the same ratios as Japan.

no we cannot say that AMERICA had same ratios like JAPAN

and unlike America,there were 360 shortages before SLIM so people didn't find the old ones which were avaiable in US

so only one version being avaiable so what else will people buy.and the monster hunter releasing.

so i say

Monster hunter boost

360 SLIM boost

360 ARCADE and ELITE sales shifting to SLIM sales as the former weren't available in stock

2. The old 360 models are still in abundance in America, and you know MS stopped production for those models around E3 (otherwise they wouldn't be trying to phase them out)  

yes they stopped production but we don't know id they had inventry or not and hence the price cut.

also people wouldn't buy ELITE at $299 cause they will be getting SLIM for that

the price cut wouldn't be needed if ARCAE and ELITE were availalbe scare and hence they brought sales

3. The Slim 360's were (and still are for the most part) in HUGE demand for America, pre-orders were backed up and finding a slim console was quite a chore if you didn't pre-order iot before.

it doesn't mean 360 SLIM were selling BIG,it could also be that SLIM had low shipment so they sold out faster

4. Do you seriously think MS shipped less then 80k slim consoles when they KNEW the demand was going to be extremely high for them.  Bets are they shipped well over 120k slim 360's

yes they could have if they wanted to clear the ARCADE and ELITE and retailers could have forced them to do it as retailers would lose out if the old units didn't sell

and we don't know what the demand for it is

Bets doesn't prove anything.

I know you don't like hearing that a $299 360 was the main reason why the 360 hardware was so high but it is what it is....you just gotta live with it.

"just gotta live with it"..........................lmao

and you have inconclusive evidence so you prove nothing

we will see how the SLIM effect only after a month or two and even then if the arcade and ELITE have been taken off the retail shelf and not available

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
yo_john117 said:
scat398 said:

stores have been reoprting that the Slim is selling out while arcades and elites are still available.  The boost has been probabaly 3 slims for every arcade elite sale.  That's obviously a guess but it seems to fit what is being reported by retailers.

Exactly....some people do not like that one bit either!

you might want to learn the meaning of the word FACT

Don't take console wars so personally man....its ok they're just awesome pieces of plastic.

stop talking like an elderly

You don't need to get so uppity about a console you dislike outselling a console you love cause you're still getting awesome games and thats really all that matters in the end.

bullshiting

And your right I shouldn't have said fact but I was just typing something really quick up.  I took the word out...you happy now?

then you should type slowly and read you comment before you post it

Lol ok you win man 360 slim only accounted for a tiny portion of US's and Japans recent sales and the huge majority of sales were due to the 500k (or more) normal 360's laying around the America's and such.

Seece said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Seece said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

Sony can't wave a magic wand and say hey presto! If consumers want Kinect more than Move this xmas there is nothing Sony can do.

we don't know that yeat and we don't know on what points SONY has made the forecast.

Just because sony has had one fiscal year turn out as expected, doesn't mean the next one is for certain.

yes it doesn't but the price of the PS3 earlier was much higher and $299 is the price tag which alot of consumers can reach

At least I can admit it might not stack up for Microsoft, you can't do that for Sony. You can't physically say Sony COULD lose out

anybody could lose out except Wii but the way you people have been predicting that Kinect will just be a hit and 360 will outsell the PS3 just like that the thing that i don't agree with

There is never nay point debating with a person like that.

yeah a person like you who just make presumptions and doesn't give out any explaination about his comments

I've said time and time again Kinect could fail

You've never said anyting of the sort regarding Sony.

your supporting people saying KINECT will definately be better than anything and sell more and 360 selling more

says something else about you

i haven't said KINECT or MOVE will fail,but i haven't either said any of them will win either

yo_john117 said:

Lol ok you win man 360 slim only accounted for a tiny portion of US's and Japans sales recent and the huge majority of sales were due to the 500k normal 360's laying around the America's and such.

I really wouldn't bother with him, his mind will never be changed on anything and he paints the best case scenario for Sony and the worst case scenario for Microsoft.

Time will soon weed out the excuses.

Around the Network

Third or second place it doesnt matter now,the only thing that matters to Sony is that they lost alot of money this gen and they now finally makin a profit. So they'll just try to get the more they can get from the ps3 now with ps move and psn .

Its more about. making up for their early mistake and the fact that theres more people buyin and supportin the ps3 now is a big accomplishment for Sony.I just hope the can continue on the right track by bringin games we want back like twisted metal and not fuck up evrything bcuz of some motion control bullshit.

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

yo_john117 said:

Lol ok you win man 360 slim only accounted for a tiny portion of US's and Japans sales recent and the huge majority of sales were due to the 500k normal 360's laying around the America's and such.

looks like you didn't understand what you read

as i didn't say anything about JAPAN SLIM sales

and your comment just shows that when your evidence fails,how you react trying to act like the mature one which you aren't and take it like a joke

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Seece said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Seece said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

Sony can't wave a magic wand and say hey presto! If consumers want Kinect more than Move this xmas there is nothing Sony can do.

we don't know that yeat and we don't know on what points SONY has made the forecast.

Just because sony has had one fiscal year turn out as expected, doesn't mean the next one is for certain.

yes it doesn't but the price of the PS3 earlier was much higher and $299 is the price tag which alot of consumers can reach

At least I can admit it might not stack up for Microsoft, you can't do that for Sony. You can't physically say Sony COULD lose out

anybody could lose out except Wii but the way you people have been predicting that Kinect will just be a hit and 360 will outsell the PS3 just like that the thing that i don't agree with

There is never nay point debating with a person like that.

yeah a person like you who just make presumptions and doesn't give out any explaination about his comments

I've said time and time again Kinect could fail

You've never said anyting of the sort regarding Sony.

your supporting people saying KINECT will definately be better than anything and sell more and 360 selling more

says something else about you

i haven't said KINECT or MOVE will fail,but i haven't either said any of them will win either

Never heard anyone say that phrase actually, I do believe 360 will sell more than PS3 this holiday, and that kinect will sell better than Move, that's my opinion which I'm allowed to have. I can also agree that it might NOT sell well.

You're just argumentative for sakes sakes.

EDIT - you're also on ignore so don't put too much effort into your reply ^_-

Seece said:
yo_john117 said:

I really wouldn't bother with him, his mind will never be changed on anything and he paints the best case scenario for Sony and the worst case scenario for Microsoft.

Time will soon weed out the excuses.

Yeah I know...thats pretty much why I said that.  It was fun debating for a while but now I'm just getting annoyed so I'm not gonna bother anymore.

And can you give me a link to the ignore users script?

Admitance is the first step to recovery, now let's all admit nothing can pass the Wii at this point...

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*