By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will NEVER overtake 360.

How many of the recent sales you want to bet is current 360 owners purchasing the 360 Slim?  I sold my 360 long ago after a disc drive error.  I wasn't going to  go through the BS other people I know have went through sending it back multiple times for RRoD(which I didn't get) or disc drive errors, etc. 

I'm just waiting for a few months down the road when people start complaining their 360 Slims died on them.

Around the Network

The way Sony is playing the game now, I wouldn't make any bets against them. Just wait and see what happens. Microsoft is smart to use the Kinect as a casual system in the stretch...but that lowers the funds they could've used to make more top priority first party titles.

HKN said:

Once the PS3 hits $199 it will fly past the 360.

Sigh... Because price is obviously the sole reason people are not flocking to the PS3, right?

routsounmanman said:
HKN said:

Sigh... Because price is obviously the sole reason people are not flocking to the PS3, right?

It's one of the reasons.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I think most people are underestimating Sony. In Lifetime sales,the PS3 will definitely overtake the 360. We keep seeing better exclusives for the PS3, bluray will become more popular, and the PS3 still has 2 price drops left, while the Xbox is already at $200, and I don't see them going to $150 again unless they are really desperate. There is a reason more developers are starting to utilize the PS3 as the lead titles, and this will only continue.

On the other hand, I think Kinect will sell a good amount, but not as well as everyone thinks. Kinect is directed to the casual crowd, and if the rumor of $150 price tag is true, this won't be carrying that many Xbox 360 units as the $150 models will run out. That's atleast $350 for Kinect Xbox, and I doubt the casuals will buy Kinect, since nothing at E3 was shown that was really revolutionary to people who already own a Wii. Kinect totally discards hardcore gamers.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:

How many of the recent sales you want to bet is current 360 owners purchasing the 360 Slim?  I sold my 360 long ago after a disc drive error.  I wasn't going to  go through the BS other people I know have went through sending it back multiple times for RRoD(which I didn't get) or disc drive errors, etc. 

I'm just waiting for a few months down the road when people start complaining their 360 Slims died on them.

They fixed the majority of problems that lead to the 360 breaking down months ago.

ps3 doomed? again? :S man that sounds familiar

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

psrock said:
routsounmanman said:
HKN said:

It's one of the reasons.

no I mean surely it haz no gamez, or better value for money or anything

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

BenVTrigger said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
thx1139 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
oldschoolfool said:

All the systems will remain in there current positions throughout the rest of the gen. Who cares if the ps3 remains in third place. hopefully sony can learn from there mistakes,if they come out with the ps4. lol

you use so much LOL

it will be difficult for 360 to stay in 2nd place as MS will replace it faster than Wii2 and PS4

Why? When the 360 will continue to be profitable why will MS abandon it? 

as MS is already hard fighting on other brands with other consoles,it can't do it with 2.

even after 5 years it is 40m.even after starting 1 year before other consoles and being very cheap it didn't do well.

360 will continue to be profitable but not if they launch a new one as they will lose again.this is no PS2 that it will run along

I think to many of you live on wishful thinking. The original life span was never going to be profitable. The 360 was profitable in 2007. and will continue to be profitable and MS like Sony and Nintendo will milk the profitable for all it can to help finance the next box.

SONY and Nintendo are far bigger brands that MS is having hard to cope with

Couldn't beat Wii evwen after being cheaper than it last year.

couldn't be more more than 40m and further from the PS3 even with a cheaper console and good marketing .

did you honestly just say that Sony and Nintendo are bigger brand than MS?  Cause if so you are absolutly INSANE. 

Unless you mean that the Wii and Playstation brands are "bigger" than the 360 brand which you have a case for but both Nintendo and Sony as companies are like small fish compared to Microsoft. 

yes i meant in gaming MS isn't bigger than SONY and Nintendo

and even in other areas even though Nintendo isn't big.SONY is biiger than MS as a brand

routsounmanman said:
HKN said:

one of the biggest reason

and the reason why after being the biggest brand in 2006.PS3 couldn't take over  because of the price and Wii got the attention