By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft targets 5m Fable III sales, profits of $150m

If the PC version sells well, then maybe, otherwise, no.

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
themanwithnoname said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

LOL.....Fable isn't Gears. Molyneux is such an arrogant ass that cannot see the short comings and false promises of his own mouth and product.

Go troll somewhere else please.

THAT ISN'T TROLL

as Molyneux is known for exaggerating things

Tell me how predicting 5 million is an exaggeration. Just because he exaggerates does not make it ok to bash him to pieces everytime he says something because you don't like him or his games.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

LOL.....Fable isn't Gears. Molyneux is such an arrogant ass that cannot see the short comings and false promises of his own mouth and product.

Explain how I'm trolling. I've bought both Fables and I cannot stand Molyneux because of experience with his product and his false promises.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
themanwithnoname said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Explain how I'm trolling. I've bought both Fables and I cannot stand Molyneux because of experience with his product and his false promises.

Easy. Because that's absolutely irrelevant to Fable III sales. What does your opinion of him or the games have to do with the sales of the next game? Absolutely nothing. You just saw the mention of Fable and decided to come in here and make it a "I hate Molyneux and Fable" thread.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
themanwithnoname said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Easy. Because that's absolutely irrelevant to Fable III sales. What does your opinion of him or the games have to do with the sales of the next game? Absolutely nothing. You just saw the mention of Fable and decided to come in here and make it a "I hate Molyneux and Fable" thread.

My response is to what Molyneux said and my standing on the true value of that which is Fable.  If you take as trolling, well then I'm sorry that you cannot understand an opinion. I also made a response about the possible interference of PC piracy. The value of Microsoft titles compared to current and upcoming PC titles is relatively low, so I can guarantee if anyone has a PC piracy tally accounting for Fable 3 you will see what I am talking about even if it had the potential to sell.  The PC gamers last time I checked, ( mind you...I'm not one of them) aren't pleased with Microsofts exclusivity of top first and third party titles for four years that are at the helm of Microsoft. PC gamers with grudges aren't people to mess with, especially if you want to go crawling back to them when Non- Microsoft published Software is increasing in value.

Around the Network
themanwithnoname said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
themanwithnoname said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Unlike you who stay true to the topic and dosent make this into a flame war?

OT: 150m profits on 5m sales? How is that possible? 100% profits on each copy sold?

STEKSTAV said:
themanwithnoname said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
themanwithnoname said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Unlike you who stay true to the topic and dosent make this into a flame war?

OT: 150m profits on 5m sales? How is that possible? 100% profits on each copy sold?

lol, I take it you haven't read anything else of Stage's posts after E3? Don't get so high and mighty on me when you're doing the exact same thing.

Hehehe, I remember the days when people accused S.T.A.G.E. of PS3 trolling.

The guy didn't like Fable 2 and he is correct that Molyneux is a overhyping, arrogant liar. That doesn't make him a troll.

You think Molyneux hasn't been thought of this way for years? It probably goes all the way back to "Black and White". Good game? Yes. Delivered on all his crazy promises? No. 

I don't think anything that ever came out of his mouth panned out like he claimed.

I would have thought differently of him if he kept all those kick ass looking armors in Fable 2. That is what makes Fable 1 so much cooler. That game kicks ass.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

5 million? It certainly could if andvertised right and with the PC version along with it. I don't think its a good idea to go to heavy on the Kinect side though, this is hardly a game or a genre that will easily attract new gamers or more casual ones.

themanwithnoname said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
themanwithnoname said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

THAT ISN'T TROLL

as Molyneux is known for exaggerating things

Tell me how predicting 5 million is an exaggeration. Just because he exaggerates does not make it ok to bash him to pieces everytime he says something because you don't like him or his games.

5m seems too high thats why

they will only get there after alot of discounting,even thats a doubt and that won't bring $150 profit.