By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft targets 5m Fable III sales, profits of $150m

It's got a good chance to make 5 million.  This christmas we should see a lot of sales in software for the 360 with slim and kinect bundles expected.  The additon that fable will be appealing to the broader action market and it's kinect "features" could lead it to the mass market game Peter is trying to achieve.

Will just have to wait and see.

Around the Network

Whether or not he overhypes/underdelivers, Fable games definitely have a unique atmosphere that I can't get enough of. 

I will be there day 1 for Fable 3 no matter what...

If Pete Says So it has to be True guys!!!!!! he NEVER highly Overhyped Fable 1 or 2, he always delivered.

lol i actually think Fable 3 can hit 4-5 million easy. but Hopefully Fable3 is a better game then fable 2.  

ALL IN MY OPINION.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Its definately doable. Its not significantly more than what he has achieved in the past and he has a much wider audience to sell to.

Tease.

kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

LOL.....Fable isn't Gears. Molyneux is such an arrogant ass that cannot see the short comings and false promises of his own mouth and product.

Yeah!! Fable 2 only sold 3.64m and Fable only sold a pathetic 2.59m 

Terrible sales.   

Wake up Peter!!

o.O

3.64 isn't 5m as Gears

Thats what I said... 3.64m is terrible.

hehe

i thought you were mocking him

I was...............

i thought you were mocking STAGE

Around the Network
Seece said:

Will most likely make it, he announced 4 mill shipped for Fable II, without this episodic stuff

they will have to discount the game to reach there and that way they will not get $150m profit

DirtyP2002 said:

"We are driving to sell more than five million units and to make a profit in excess of $150 million," he said. "We have to do that because if a franchise doesn't reach that level it will inevitably wither."

I can only pray that Lionhead quickly withers...

Actually, the studio can stay, it's just Molyneaux who needs to go.

noname2200 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

"We are driving to sell more than five million units and to make a profit in excess of $150 million," he said. "We have to do that because if a franchise doesn't reach that level it will inevitably wither."

Tim likes Molyneaux! Why do you not?

Tease.

Squilliam said:

Tim likes Molyneaux! Why do you not?

My "Accepting Bulls***" meter is completely filled due to IGN's shenanigans, I'm afraid.  Time away from that site has built up more space, and Petey might've slipped through, but then Sakamoto and his Metroid revisionist nonsense got there first, and now I'm all out of space for another year again. 

noname2200 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Somehow, I highly doubt that's happening any time soon.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.