By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft targets 5m Fable III sales, profits of $150m

kowenicki said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

LOL.....Fable isn't Gears. Molyneux is such an arrogant ass that cannot see the short comings and false promises of his own mouth and product.

Yeah!! Fable 2 only sold 3.64m and Fable only sold a pathetic 2.59m 

Terrible sales.   

Wake up Peter!!

o.O

3.64 isn't 5m as Gears

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

LOL.....Fable isn't Gears. Molyneux is such an arrogant ass that cannot see the short comings and false promises of his own mouth and product.

Terrible sales.   

Wake up Peter!!

o.O

3.64 isn't 5m as Gears

Thats what I said... 3.64m is terrible.

hehe

i thought you were mocking him

kowenicki said:
Euphoria14 said:

Hehehe, I remember the days when people accused S.T.A.G.E. of PS3 trolling.

The guy didn't like Fable 2 and he is correct that Molyneux is a overhyping, arrogant liar. That doesn't make him a troll.

You think Molyneux hasn't been thought of this way for years? It probably goes all the way back to "Black and White". Good game? Yes. Delivered on all his crazy promises? No. 

I don't think anything that ever came out of his mouth panned out like he claimed.

I would have thought differently of him if he kept all those kick ass looking armors in Fable 2. That is what makes Fable 1 so much cooler. That game kicks ass.

Like every other developer in existance.

Alright, send me a PM and we can play a game. I'll send a crazy quote from Peter, whether game related or the things he said about Natal and you send me one from a different developer each time. You should win easy since "ever other developer in existance" is on the same level as him when it comes to overhyping, over promising, etc... 

Agree?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Terrible sales.   

Wake up Peter!!

o.O

3.64 isn't 5m as Gears

Thats what I said... 3.64m is terrible.

hehe

i thought you were mocking him

I was...............

LOL!!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

i saw the action adventure in it the last time i saw it, but i just don't see 5m happennig. he should be working on something bigger then fable

Around the Network

"We are driving to sell more than five million units and to make a profit in excess of $150 million," he said. "We have to do that because if a franchise doesn't reach that level it will inevitably wither."

I'm still trying to understand where in that he promised or expected anything?  To me it sounds like a sales goal.

Can someone help me point out where here he said anything wrong?

Will most likely make it, he announced 4 mill shipped for Fable II, without this episodic stuff

CGI-Quality said:
kowenicki said:
Euphoria14 said:

The guy didn't like Fable 2 and he is correct that Molyneux is a overhyping, arrogant liar. That doesn't make him a troll.

You think Molyneux hasn't been thought of this way for years? It probably goes all the way back to "Black and White". Good game? Yes. Delivered on all his crazy promises? No. 

I don't think anything that ever came out of his mouth panned out like he claimed.

I would have thought differently of him if he kept all those kick ass looking armors in Fable 2. That is what makes Fable 1 so much cooler. That game kicks ass.

I have to disagree. Plenty of devs aren't arrogant nor do they lie. Nothing against Pete personally though.

I think you are mischaraterizing him, and in doing so, doing the man an disservice. He's a very nice man, and you don't have to be that way about it.

I think he get's overexcited. That's the long and the short of it. He has all these big plans, he's so excited about it, that he can't help but tell people about it, and then he doesn't have time to impliment them.

One thing is certain, he's certainly not overly arrogant. He was VERY excited when Fable 2 got good reviews, and if anything, I think he's very humble and searching for approval from the general gaming audience about his gaming. He's a great developer who doesn't get the respect he deserves, imo, and I'd rather play one of his games than most of this overhyped exclusive bullshit we pretend is good.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Fumito Ueda, Miyamoto, and Peter Molyneux. when i think of the top developers these 3 come to mind.

theres so much detail in there work. (not debatable or edited)

CGI-Quality said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
CGI-Quality said:
kowenicki said:
Euphoria14 said:

I have to disagree. Plenty of devs aren't arrogant nor do they lie. Nothing against Pete personally though.

I think you are mischaraterizing him, and in doing so, doing the man an disservice. He's a very nice man, and you don't have to be that way about it.

I think he get's overexcited. That's the long and the short of it. He has all these big plans, he's so excited about it, that he can't help but tell people about it, and then he doesn't have time to impliment them.

One thing is certain, he's certainly not overly arrogant. He was VERY excited when Fable 2 got good reviews, and if anything, I think he's very humble and searching for approval from the general gaming audience about his gaming. He's a great developer who doesn't get the respect he deserves, imo, and I'd rather play one of his games than most of this overhyped exclusive bullshit we pretend is good.

Um, I think you quoted the wrong poster.

CG take a look at the first post in the quote.