By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does everyone think Super Mario Galaxy is PERFECT?

I noticed that too.

I just absolutely love Galaxy, Sunshine and Mario 64.

Galaxy>64>Sunshine IMO.

I'd still play Sunshine if my sister wouldn't have broken the game.

Around the Network
andrewpeirce said:

Granted, its amazing. I would give it 9.5/10. This is the best game for Wii, yet I personally liked sunshine better.
Ever since sonic adventure 2 I have found planet hopping stupid. Mostly I just liked the eplore/collectathon 3-d platformer method, and this game ruins that. While there are some camera problems, its stil the best camera I have seen.

The spin move seems stupid at first, but it become more integral to the game as time went on. I really miss the b punch kick and the b slide jump move from 64 though. Also, the hub in this game is very weak in my opinion. Granted, its space, so what else could they do? Never the less, Mario 64's castle and sunshine's delfino plaza were more fun.

I think it would have been cooler if there was true multiplayer co-op levels after you got the 60 stars. And after the 120, playing through the game agan as luigi isn't that exciting. A cooler bonus would be that you can play again, but this time you arn't knocked off peaches castle. You cango inside the castle and collect the 120 stars from mario 64... with all new graphics and tweaked levels for spin integration.

So really, the game is "perfect" in what it does , but ignores alot of the greatness of sunshine/64 (though it does take the enemies from these games) but it is really not much like mario 64 (except for the 3 bowser stages, which wern't that great) and I don't really like mario's new direction.
So to be a perfect game, this game would need to have (in my opninon)

1. A perfect, not good, camera.
2. Better multiplayer
3. better secrets/bonuses
4. better world hub
5. a couple dedicated "big levels" granted, there are some big ones, but they are not as big as in 64/sunshine (well, they are, but alot is shipioned off into little platenoids for other stars) also, these leves arn't that great for exploring; they are large, yet linear.
6. I personally love the bowser kidnapps peach stoires, to be a perfect game, this platformer would need a more solid story.

also, did this game remind anyone else strongly of pikmin? Its an all new unique expiernce, and it reminded me alot of pikmin for some reason. probably because they are both amde by the same creative genius ;)

The game is pretty damn solid...  There aren't any notable flaws in the game worth mentioning -- at least that I can tell -- and I've pretty much finished it.  I have about 20 stars left to get but I've long since "finished" it.  I have not seen a single hiccup or technical issue in the game anywhere.  This is about as close to perfect as it gets.  I own or have owned and traded in most of the other recent "perfect" games.  Bioshock... Halo 3.... Orange Box, and so on...  All of them have technical issues somewhere..... If they are 10s, SMG is a 12.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

you can have your gripes etc, but sunshine better? wow... youre definately in the minority there

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Sunshine is definatly NOT better than Galaxy, not even close. I would also give Galaxy a 9.5/10 simply because the graphics are kinda jaggy. It doesn't seem to really push the Wii graphically and doesn't come close to how good Prime 3 looks, which is unforgivable. It still looks good, better than anything last-gen, but it could have looked better.

My biggest problem with the game is that it is not that much better looking then Mario sunshine, the gameplay is 100x better but the graphics are just weak. Go watch the video comparison between Galaxy and sunshine on gametrailers.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Griffin said:
My biggest problem with the game is that it is not that much better looking then Mario sunshine, the gameplay is 100x better but the graphics are just weak. Go watch the video comparison between Galaxy and sunshine on gametrailers.

Where were you when Legend11 needed your support?

Playing CoD4 it would seem, but its still not working last i checked, so until they fix it you guys get to enjoy my posts :)

Griffin said:
RolStoppable said:
Griffin said:

Where were you when Legend11 needed your support?

Playing CoD4 it would seem, but its still not working last i checked, so until they fix it you guys get to enjoy my posts :)

Give me a second while I prove that your 'problem' has no fundaments okay :)

EDIT: Right here.

@OP: I have no problems if you don't think Galaxy is better than Sunshine. Seriously, I have no problems if you just have no gamer soul :)

Sure, it's not perfect, I have some issues with the camera here and there, and frequently I find myself disoriented like a cat without whiskers. But it is the best thing I've played in recent years for any platform. And if you want people to respect your opinion (that you like SMS over SMG), be sure to respect the others (pretty much everyone else besides you) opinion, mkay?

DKII said:
I love how now that Galaxy is out all the haters suddenly love Sunshine so they can use it to bash Galaxy. OMG now I like Sunshine better!

Indeed, all I heard in the Gamecube era was how much Sunshine sucked, now suddenly it's awesome.  IMO Sunshine was always awesome, just less so than 64 or Galaxy.

And no game is perfect.

totally agree with the topic - SMG is the best game i've played in years, maybe my best game ever but not perfect.

Any game with those swimming levels cannot be perfect in my opinion - I do think it sets the standards on Wiimote controls using "less is more" theory, many people can take note from this.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

"I love how now that Galaxy is out all the haters suddenly love Sunshine so they can use it to bash Galaxy. OMG now I like Sunshine better!"

Why are you even a mod? You're clearly incapable of even following one of the most basic rules -- no trolling! Instead of trolling these forums, why don't you take your Wii-mote and shove it up your ass! That'll give you something better to do than teasing people that like Sunshine better.