By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does everyone think Super Mario Galaxy is PERFECT?

no, but nice try^^
if one game is perfect it is goldeneye n64 multiplayer was perfectly balanced, great singleplayer, best graphics in it's time.
but it is outdated now,only the multiplayer is still the best there is.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

What? What's not perfect about the game I mentioned?

graphics are outdated^^ and i like mario 64 best, untill now, becaus eit was innovative

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

If something is perfect, it't completely based on feeling. There's no such thing as "perfect", only "perfect for something", and even that is debatable. If we consider "perfect" as "99/100 perfect", the whole debate about SMG (or anything else for that matter) being perfect makes a lot more sense.
When someone says something being perfetc, it's a whole lot different thing, than something being perfect by definition. For example, there are few things in physics, which you can get closer forever, but never gain (could someone put this in an understandable sense), for example, C, vacuum, 0K, so they basically don't exist in reality, but they work as a frame. Same thing with something being perfect, you can get forever get closer, but nothing will ever be perfect and it does work as a frame.

What SMG is, as people have noticed, games today are supposed to be new, as in terms, that they feel like a new game, but also old, that they feel like the same games as before. And SMG is a perfect mix of these. It has elements from SMB 3 (actually SMG is more sequel to SMB 3 than SM64) and SM64, and it has it's own elements, which makes it feel like a new game within Super Mario frame.
SMG is perfect game, maybe the best game ever, or if it's not, it's atleast the best game in decade.

I don't undertand why people complain about swimming, it works perfectly. Even the camera works just like it should, it has certain "bad angles", but it fixed the "even worse bad angles" from SM64 and SMS.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

meh, no game can be perfect, as things can always be improved. But you could say, in a sense, Mario Galaxy is perfect in some respects, as it is probably the best platformer ever made, going past that of other greats such as SM64 and Sunshine (to some people, not all). In that respect, its perfect because its unsurpasses everything else, the best in its category, but im sure that it could be bettered in the future.

(once again, this is all down to opinion :P)

Around the Network
andrewpeirce said:

I think it would have been cooler if there was true multiplayer co-op levels after you got the 60 stars. And after the 120, playing through the game agan as luigi isn't that exciting. A cooler bonus would be that you can play again, but this time you arn't knocked off peaches castle. You cango inside the castle and collect the 120 stars from mario 64... with all new graphics and tweaked levels for spin integration.

I agree, that would have been absolutely fantastic and a lot of fun.

But also outrageously unrealistic. And it wouldn't fit with the story well at all. 

SW-5120-1900-6153

thanny said:

no game can ever be perfect because "perfect" is a personal opinion. what is perfect to someone is not to another. that is, there is no one genre that everybody loves, so for someone who dislikes platformers, no matter how good a platformer is, to them it wil never be perfect.

(in my personal opinion, ocarina of time was/is perfect :P)

Thats true. Perfection is subjective. So in my opinion, the lack of exploration takes away from teh game greatly. Sunshine/64 sort of seemed like a fantastic, idealistic dextention of the real world, fun things to see and challenges to ommplete. I was expecting Galazy to be like 64/sunshine, and is not. I guess a good analogy would be... hmm

Lets say I loved loved final fantasy 12. And then I hear abot revenant wings for DS, it is being said it is the greatest game ever yadad yada. And then I get it and its an rts so  am dispointed (granted I am not stupid, I would realize ahead of time it is an rts)

By the way, what is everyones favorite stage in teh game? I like the water ring one where you race the shark/penguins. There is very little flying on tiny platenoids in thatlevel, and the racing was fun.You even got to explore a tiny bit :)

"And it wouldn't fit with the story well at all."

What story? I just collected all the stars...

you like exploring? get oblivion

Yup. It's matter of opinion. I didn't like sunshine. Thought mario galaxy was fun again. But IMO, New Super Mario Bros. for DS is at the top of my list right now with Mario bros 3. still beating all others.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW