By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does everyone think Super Mario Galaxy is PERFECT?

andrewpeirce said:
So... people think it's perfect becuase most people prefer linear challenges over exploration focuses challenges. And by the way, I really like the Wii. I like the Gamecube much more, but I am betting that by the end of this gen I will like the Wii more :) Also I like the snes and N64 better too :x

I think part of where your problem stems from is due to the fact that you're judging it on what it's not, rather than what it is. Sure, I love games where I get to explore too, but that doesn't mean that every single game that exists shoudl incorporate that. In this case, it wasn't incorporated, but that doesn't constitute a reason for it being any less perfect AT WHAT IT IS.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
Wow Montana Hatchet...who knew you were so incredibly gifted in both sarcasm and common sense.

You didn't give me a pet name?

How sweet of you! 

Well since Mario games have been the best around for 20 odd years, to make one better than all that have come before it is great achievement. So it does deserve a heap praise.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

If you're going to detract from a games "perfectness" by nitpicking little details like you pointed out, you're going to be waiting until doomsday for a perfect game. A perfect game kind of transcends "10/10" scores and the like; it just *is* perfect.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

well, sounds to me like your complaining about stuff you wanted, but they didn't put it. That shouldn't detract from the games rating.

kind of like..

"i wanted another dungeon in Zelda..7/10"

Around the Network
andrewpeirce said:

Granted, its amazing. I would give it 9.5/10. This is the best game for Wii, yet I personally liked sunshine better.

Would you give SMS a 9.6/10? Is there another platformer that you think is better than SMS?

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

its 10 billion times better than sunshine. why did you like sunshine so much, it was lame IMO.

I love how now that Galaxy is out all the haters suddenly love Sunshine so they can use it to bash Galaxy. OMG now I like Sunshine better!

DKII said:
I love how now that Galaxy is out all the haters suddenly love Sunshine so they can use it to bash Galaxy. OMG now I like Sunshine better!
Didn't notice that, good find!