By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm getting PSN+ ! Are you ?

I asked Cleverbot. It tended to avoid the question.

User: Should I subscribe to PlayStation Plus?

Cleverbot: Probably not. Redbox is much more convenient.

User: I don't think so. Quite a few of the games on offer are download only. Besides, I live in the UK.

Cleverbot: I do not have many.

User: Then I suppose PlayStation Plus would be good for you. But I own several PSN games, so is it worth it?

Cleverbot: I guess, do you like your parents?

User: Yes, but that isn't really relevant. Why do you think I should get PlayStation Plus?

Cleverbot: I'm not going to hang you, you don't even have a body.

User: Are you getting PlayStation Plus?

Cleverbot: Not really. Tell me more about yourself.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
billy.amick said:

The damn Europeans getting the better PSN PLUS, oh well cheers mates this is your benefit for spending about 20 dollars more per game than us Americans. 

On topic I will be getting PSN Plus because it will be well worth the money.

Better PSN Plus? We get a free copy of a year and a half old game, a free copy of a year and a half old downloadable game, trials of two PSN exclusives that nobody likes, two very good PSP Minis, a PSOne game, some themes and avatars and some pointless discounts.

All I don't own in the first month's content is Fieldrunners, Destruction Derby (PS1), one hour trials for Shatter and Savage Moon (neither of which I have the slightest interest in), the themes and avatars, and the KZ2 DLC (I never even play KZ2).

Hardly worth the money.

Yeah,  we get 3 additional months free,  thats the main reason I signed up early

For those of you who don't have Wipeout or Little Big Planet that is a hell of a deal. You got 2 minis to our 1 and the better of the two PSONE games. Plus according to my numbers there is at least 12 million PS3 owners in others that don't own Little Big Planet.

I would but there are way to many good games coming out this fall and I have a tight budget as is. :(

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Just reviewed the current Plus offerings and I won't be jumping in right now.  I own the free titles already plus a fair amount of the discounted titles.

In other words for me, personally, there is no real value in the offer.  For others, particularly the large number of mad PS3 owners who don't actually have LBP or Wipeout then it's a good deal just for those titles.

I'll watch the service over the next 3 to 4 months and make a decision if it is likely to be of value to me or not.

If they added some PSP discounts/free stuff that would be interesting for me, too - and a smart move if you ask me as it would really make it clear PSN is across PS3/PSP and that there is value to be had for both platforms.

I appreciate Sony is trying to avoid charging for online while also trying to get some money out of their service as MS does with Live, but the approach/mix of content and features doesn't quite do it for me yet.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...