By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - MMA Fedor Emelianenko Loses!

Strikeforce Fedor vs Werdum just concluded and Fabricio Werdum managed to submit Fedor in just 1:09 of the very first round in a fight that's going to shock the mma world.

You can see Fedor here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Emilianenko

He had, up until today, a perfect mma record of 32-0.

Anyone else here with an interest in MMA?

Around the Network

Crazy shit but it happens.

Wonder whast next, Werdum Overeem 2 or quick Fedor Overeem rematch. 

I have been a Fedor fan for a very long time.  Enjoyed watching him throughout his pride career, giving us some of the best performance seen to date.  Anyone remember the absolute massacue he inflicted on Nogera for the title at Pride Shockwave?  Or him manhandling Cro-cop? Let alone him beating Coleman twice, Slyvia, Andre hell a bunch of former UFC heavy weight champs?

That said, I was extremely disappointed in his performance.  The fact that he lost is fine (and he isnt 32-0, regardless of what people think that elbow that cut him still counts as a loss) it was how he lost.  He was not only submitted once, but twice with 1 move (arm bar the triangle choke, who knows which would have taken him out first if he didnt tap).  He had just gotten out of one armbar attempt and you would think that a fighter of his stature and just plain brilliance would not have left the exact same arm out a SECOND TIME for almost an entire minute?

Hell, Werdum told everyone that was how he was going to beat Fedor.  All those press conferences, interviews and whatever, he TOLD EVERYONE he was going to submit him.  You would think a fighter of the caliber of Fedor would know better than to get on the ground with him.  Just step back and make the ref stand him back up. 

I know Werdum wants a rematch and so do I.  I want to see Fedor knock him out and not get caught because he made a mistake (in a sport where mistakes can beat you, it is amazing how many mistake free fights he has had)

I doubt there will be a rematch between the two immediately. Fabricio gets a shot at Overeem for the title now and Fedor has only one fight left on his contract I believe. So he might wait until after their bout and face the champion, but more likely I think, he'll face a different opponent, then get a shot at the title. Coming off of a loss, you don't usually get title shots.

Unless of course fabricio losses to Overeem, then a rematch could take place.

Stayed up all night to watch Fedor (huge fan of his), it was a huge upset but all credit to Werdum who capitalised on Fedor's huge mistake of landing in Fabricio's guard so early trying to Ground and Pound him so early, i actually could not believe how easily he got caught in the triangle choke, and then it was epic seeing him struggle.

I think the re-match will happen ASAP, why? because Overeem vs. Fedor is the most marketable fight that SF can put up, especially with their aspirations for a PPV. Overeem i think wants to fight in Japan again , which leaves time for a rematch.

Anyone looking forward to UFC 116?

Around the Network
Lolcislaw said:

Anyone looking forward to UFC 116?

Hell yeah!

I'm guessing you're behind Brock? I am too, but Carwin looks lethal with his fists. I see the fight ending in the first or second round by tko or ko.

It's going to be a weird but an amazing fight, while Carwin is more experienced i still think we know little about both those fighters, since highlight of their careers is pounding (overatted IMO) Frank Mir.

We dont know whether Brock can take a punch or whether his illness affected him. Also Carwin has hardly been tested he punches hard but he is not the most technical fighter (Gonzaga Rocked him pretty badly) and whether he can survive wrestling with lesnar. They both NCAA Wrestling Champions 

I like Brock because his presence in MMA is good for the sport, Carwin on the other side strikes me as a boring man, plus i really dislike G. Jackson and his camp (huge Evans hater) and their athletic approach to MMA.

Dallinor said:

Hell yeah!

I'm guessing you're behind Brock? I am too, but Carwin looks lethal with his fists. I see the fight ending in the first or second round by tko or ko.

Brock is a joke that Carwin better destroy.  A 4-1 nobody holding the belt is an embarresment, only ufcs hype machine makes it acceptable. 

Hus said:
Dallinor said:

Hell yeah!

Brock is a joke that Carwin better destroy.  A 4-1 nobody holding the belt is an embarresment, only ufcs hype machine makes it acceptable. 

Brock got a shot at the title prematurely i agree but that was back in the 2008 and people should really get over it, he beat a legend (who earlier dismantled Silvia and Gonzaga) to earn the title, and then he destroyed Mir. He got injured/ill that why his record stayed at 4-1 , and calling him a nobody is just a sign of ignorance.

Carwin is not much more legit then Brock, look at his record it might be perfect but apart from Mir and Gonzaga his other opponents were not a considerable threat. Carwin is as much a product of UFC hype machine (just look at the promos with him)  as Lesnar, and i hope Brock will  Ground and Pound the hell out of him. 

Dallinor said:

I doubt there will be a rematch between the two immediately. Fabricio gets a shot at Overeem for the title now and Fedor has only one fight left on his contract I believe. So he might wait until after their bout and face the champion, but more likely I think, he'll face a different opponent, then get a shot at the title. Coming off of a loss, you don't usually get title shots.

Unless of course fabricio losses to Overeem, then a rematch could take place.

Yet they gave Brett Rogers a title shot RIGHT AFTER his loss to Fedor.

I doubt they will wait.  Who else do they have in the Heavy Weight division to fight Fedor?  His contract is for a certain number of fights over a certain amount of time (not sure how long it is, but I know its getting close).  He already had a pretty big layover since his fight with Rogers, so I think they will jump on the rematch quickly.